Injury Report: Loui Eriksson (Update 11/5 - In the lineup!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Seguin is still at center but is having a rough go at the dot. Really struggled against Ottawa, I believe he had a 7% FO win for the night. I think his average FO% is close to 40 so Ruff said he needs to focus on improving it. Otherwise I think Ruff is pretty happy with him, he and Benn are doing great together

Really hope Eriksson is good to go for tomorrow. Would go a long way to help settle this team down and would hate for him to miss playing his old team. I think it would be a big pick me up for the team to have a great game against Dallas. Bergeron said Eriksson hasn't missed a step in his return back to practice so coming from a guy that understands concussions better than most, that's a good sign.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Haven't been following the Stars but I thought I remember hearing that Tyler was moved back to the wing after the first handful of games. Is he back at center?

I think he has switched back and forth from C a few times. Here's a recent article, fwiw.

http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/201...ut-tyler-seguin-wants-center-to-get-mad.html/

ANATA, Ontario — Dallas Stars coach Lindy Ruff tried to balance his scoring by splitting Tyler Seguin and Jamie Benn for the first part of the game Sunday.

But Ruff put Seguin and Benn back together because Seguin couldn’t win a faceoff. He ended the game winning 1-of-14 (7 percent).

“The compete on that has to be a lot stronger; scratch your nose on the ice if you have to,†Ruff said. “You’re going to have to get low, you’re going to have to get stronger, you’re going to have to get kicked out a few times. It’s a form of competing. … Get madâ€

Kaoz*

I think he has switched back and forth from C a few times. Here's a recent article, fwiw.

http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/201...ut-tyler-seguin-wants-center-to-get-mad.html/

He's been switching back and forth between two lines but as a center on both. That article talks about them moving him from between Whitney and Chaisson back to the line with Benn and Nichushkin. I believe it was mentioned they wanted to separate Benn and Seguin to spread out scoring but it became infeasible due to Seguin lacking in the faceoff dept. right now.

They seem pretty set with leaving him at center and just suffering through the growing pains, which makes sense for the team as Benn is outstanding on the wing and their second best center otherwise is Eakin.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
One could in turn put that in perspective by predicting his playoff numbers this spring: 0GP 0G 0A +/-0 0 PIM would be my wager. :sarcasm: (then again, as you say, if we're too reliant on KIL - though the third line has started producing some - we won't be making it either).

But yeah, I thought Loui looked better and better with each game, and I'm hoping Marchy will step up, and Bergy will get back to his game in due time. Wouldn't mind them all peaking come playoffs, as long as they produce decent numbers before then as well.

I like the trade and love that line but there always comes a time when the Bruins rotate having a line being the top producer.

I firmly believe that Saturday night against the Leafs will be that night when Eriksson and company finally click.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
As much as I'm looking forward to seeing Loui and Seguin on the ice at the same time, I'd rather not we rush him just because of the matchup (I'm sure he wants to play the game in Dallas even more, anyway). Besides, if Loui comes back and has a typical first game back, I'm sure the trolls on this board will have a great time proclaiming it the worst trade ever - even if Reilly Smith outscores Seguin and Pevs.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Why are we talking about Seguin in an Eriksson Injury Update thread?

Seguin is not even 22 yet. We will have years to debate his trade here and I predict Joe Thornton levels of heated debates for a decade (if Segs can mature and not party his way out of the league ;)).

This isn't that thread though...

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Why are we talking about Seguin in an Eriksson Injury Update thread?

Seguin is not even 22 yet. We will have years to debate his trade here and I predict Joe Thornton levels of heated debates for a decade (if Segs can mature and not party his way out of the league ;)).

This isn't that thread though...

To be fair, nobody's even debating anything in this thread, and it's likely going to fade from page 1 anyway, seeing that Loui's healthy again. But I take the blame :laugh: , I mentioned Loui's return vs Dallas and then digressed into why I'm looking forward to this overall matchup. Apologies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
To be fair, nobody's even debating anything in this thread, and it's likely going to fade from page 1 anyway, seeing that Loui's healthy again. But I take the blame :laugh: , I mentioned Loui's return vs Dallas and then digressed into why I'm looking forward to this overall matchup. Apologies.

:laugh:

No big deal.

I was just looking forward to this sort of debate having it's very own thread and being brought up over and over every time we play DAL, even if the B's win two Cups in the next 5 years :laugh:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
:laugh:

No big deal.

I was just looking forward to this sort of debate having it's very own thread and being brought up over and over every time we play DAL, even if the B's win two Cups in the next 5 years :laugh:

and the Stars make 0 playoff performances in those same 5 years;)

A Healthy Kelly*

This is a lame point. Loui hasn't been in a playoff game since 2008.

The playoffs is a team achievement.

I agree, but I'm going to mitigate it somewhat and just completely disagree with the other tongue-in-cheek comment directed at Seguin likely not getting to the playoffs with Dallas made earlier on ITT. He will, I think. He will within the next 3 seasons. And as much as I agree with your point about it being a "team achievement", I think for them it will be very much based on Seguin's development. He's going to be huge for them; he's going to be the biggest reason they will be a playoff team apart from Lehtonen staying healthy.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I hope they didn't rush him so he could play his old team.

I hope so too, though I doubt they'd take such a careless risk just so he could play his old team. Especially since it's so early in the reg season.. if this were a playoff game, I'd be more worried about that (him being rushed back).

In Chia's eyes, Loui is an important top 6-er with a very reasonable contract. I think its purely coincidental that his first game back is vs. the Stars. I'd also wager that he has been game ready for a couple of days, and that they added a bit of precautionary downtime- instead of subtracting it.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
This is a lame point. Loui hasn't been in a playoff game since 2008.

The playoffs is a team achievement.

The point is that whether or not Dallas benefits greatly from having Seguin over there (which they will, in most people's opinions, and mine), that doesn't mean we would've benefited having him over Loui (and Smith, and Fraser, and Morrow, and what we got for Pevs's cap space), especially not come playoff time, which people will probably argue over and over (as GloryDaze said). I wish Seguin all the luck in the world, and I like the trade for both teams, but it has the capability of being more annoying than both the Kessel and Thornton ones from a trolling/fanboying perspective.

McLovin*

Watching Eriksson again tonight makes me kinda upset we traded Seguin. Eriksson is a fine player, but he doesn't do anything spectacular. He can't develop plays on his own and he often looks sluggish the past two years. Here's hoping he proves me wrong

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Watching Eriksson again tonight makes me kinda upset we traded Seguin. Eriksson is a fine player, but he doesn't do anything spectacular. He can't develop plays on his own and he often looks sluggish the past two years. Here's hoping he proves me wrong

The Bruins got absolutely fleeced with this guy. He's slow timid and make dumb passes.

Nose Face Killah

Dracarys
Dec 2, 2012
MA
Wow. Complete overreaction. This was Eriksson's FIRST GAME since coming back from a concussion. He was good before he got hurt. Don't even deny it. He'll be back.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Truly embarassed to be a Bruins fan on HF over the past 12 hours. So much kneejerk, butthurt "we lost the trade" BS. I can't recall these same folks being so impatient when their guy was invisible for weeks at a time.. interesting.

BergyMeister

Overpaid 4th liner
Mar 5, 2010
Tampa Via Vermont.
Truly embarassed to be a Bruins fan on HF over the past 12 hours. So much kneejerk, butthurt "we lost the trade" BS. I can't recall these same folks being so impatient when their guy was invisible for weeks at a time.. interesting.

Well HF does stand for Hyperbolic Fanatics so what do you expect. :laugh:

Kaoz*

That's what makes you embarrassed to be a Bruin fan? Really? Yes, the past 12 hours have been unbearable.

There are far better reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad