Injury Report: Loui Eriksson (Update 11/5 - In the lineup!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sea Bass Neely

Jun 6, 2013
Rhode Island
Both Marchand & Smith should come before the Yeti on that 2nd line.

Yeti is getting comfy but Smith/Loui and/or Marchy/Bergy have way more chemistry.

I mostly agree, especially since it appears there's a chance Spooner and Soderberg could develop some 3rd line chemistry and potentially create some fast-break scoring opportunities (they've already made it happen the one game that they played together-- but the Anaheim win is still just one game :D).

But chemistry between players can only be established by playing them together as linemates. Obviously, there is no chance to find chemistry amongst any duo/trio of fowards if they have not played together for any significant period of time.

Yes, the Smith/Loui and Marchand/Bergy chemistry has been there... but that is only because both duos have played together, in one lineup or another, somewhere along the way.

Who knows?? If Claude shook things up and moved Soderberg up to play with Bergy... it could work and it could not work. I am not necessarily advocating such a move -- i want to see more of Yeti-Spooner-Kelly -- just saying that chemistry COULD develop between Bergy and Soderberg if the coaching staff ended up trying it out.

That said, i still agree with you in principle. Just sayin...

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
I would love to see Eriksson play on Tuesday, but I hope if there's any doubt, they let him sit. I'd rather miss seeing him this time around and get to see his return to Dallas, than risk him furthering injury and missing out on that.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Bruins need him back in the worst way. I don't care how many "depth" forwards we think the Bruins have, that 2nd line is severely lacking in scoring talent, especially with Marchand playing like an AHL'er.

Sea Bass Neely

Jun 6, 2013
Rhode Island
Bruins need him back in the worst way. I don't care how many "depth" forwards we think the Bruins have, that 2nd line is severely lacking in scoring talent, especially with Marchand playing like an AHL'er.

I agree the 2nd line hasn't looked the same without Eriksson... but i do not want Loui out there until he is 100%.

It is early in the season, no sense rushing the day-by-day timetable. That said, i hope he has a speedy recovery. The fact he's back on the ice is GREAT news :handclap: :handclap:

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
https://twitter.com/NHLBruins/status/396713013488529408/photo/1
BYFoYkdCMAElHvA.jpg

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
To go from just starting to work out yesterday.. to skating with the team today is a very good sign. He must not have any symptoms to make that leap already which is awesome.

But then again I'm not a doctor.

At this pace I wouldn't be surprised if he's able to play against his old team coming up next week. No rush of course.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I hope they give him a few days of battle drills befor putting him in the line up-just to be on the safe side.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

They're definitely missing the smaller things he does, too. Lot of failed clears and defensive mishaps, he's an ace on things like those. Luckily we've been able to get along without him, but I think people realize how important he is now.

You gotta give someone ~a week after they're symptom free to come back, more if they're not themselves. The last thing we need is for him to be knocked out for the season due to a clean hit, just because he isn't ready.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
To go from just starting to work out yesterday.. to skating with the team today is a very good sign. He must not have any symptoms to make that leap already which is awesome.

But then again I'm not a doctor.

At this pace I wouldn't be surprised if he's able to play against his old team coming up next week. No rush of course.

I am a Doctor. But only on the internet.

Still, this is a good sign.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
all good stuff, the ultimate way to rid these toolboxes is to simply not sign em;)

This is obvious but does it look to you that teams aren't signing them? No, if you have the possibility of losing a future top pick
GM's are going to look long and hard at who they have sign at the bottom line. Imagine the anger at Matt Cooke in Pitt if they lost a first and/or 2nd or 3rd rounder? :eek: They'd run him out of town on a rail.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Great that he's skating again, but with this team's history of dealing with concussions, I'd rather he take as long as he needs now. I want him ready to go in the playoffs, so caution now is better, imo...

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
This is obvious but does it look to you that teams aren't signing them? No, if you have the possibility of losing a future top pick
GM's are going to look long and hard at who they have sign at the bottom line. Imagine the anger at Matt Cooke in Pitt if they lost a first and/or 2nd or 3rd rounder? :eek: They'd run him out of town on a rail.

Kaleta on waivers...

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

It does to me, slowly but...more and more GM`s seem to be understanding that valuable cap space can`t be wasted on players who can`t take/give a pass.

Alaska

40 Below
Jul 25, 2012
Fairbanks, AK
Baseline (Step 0): As the baseline step of the Return to Play Progression, the athlete needs to have completed physical and cognitive rest and not be experiencing concussion symptoms for a minimum of 24 hours. Keep in mind, the younger the athlete, the more conservative the treatment.

Step 1: Light Aerobic Exercise
The Goal: only to increase an athlete’s heart rate.
The Time: 5 to 10 minutes.
The Activities: exercise bike, walking, or light jogging.
Absolutely no weight lifting, jumping or hard running.

Step 2: Moderate Exercise
The Goal: limited body and head movement.
The Time: Reduced from typical routine
The Activities: moderate jogging, brief running, moderate-intensity stationary biking, and moderate-intensity weightlifting

Step 3: Non-contact Exercise
The Goal: more intense but non-contact
The Time: Close to Typical Routine
The Activities: running, high-intensity stationary biking, the player’s regular weightlifting routine, and non-contact sport-specific drills. This stage may add some cognitive component to practice in addition to the aerobic and movement components introduced in Steps 1 and 2.

Step 4: Practice
The Goal: Reintegrate in full contact practice.

Step 5: Play
The Goal: Return to competition

You can only progress to the next level IF you don't have symptoms at the lower levels.
. .

Looks like Louie is on step three.

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
I doubt Loui will make it back to play his old team, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him back for Saturday against the Leafs. Plus I'm going to that game, so I hope he's back ;).

And to everybody everywhere who's throwing their lineups in the ring: I know it's always fashionable to bash Thornton and leave him out "except against certain teams", but he's earned his spot on this team, and he is never coming out of the lineup unless he's injured (knock wood he isn't). Deal with it.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Just to put things into perspective:

Tyler Seguin has 6 goals and 9 assists for 15 points in 14 games.

Brad Marchand, Patrice Bergeron and Loui Eriksson have 6 goals and 7 assists in 34 games combined. Seguin is outscoring the entire second line by himself.

When Eriksson comes back, put him with Bergeron and Marchand and put a fire under their ***** to wake the hell up. Honeymoon is over boys and the first line cannot keep carrying this team all season. Either that or put Bergeron between the Swedes and see if that ignites something.

This team is a one line team and it is actually getting worse.

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
I give Bergeron and Campbell as pass for what they do in Oct. Neither had off-season training so Oct is for all intents and purposes basically they just getting into shape. Marchand on the other hand hasn't looked good since last March or so.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Just to put things into perspective:

Tyler Seguin has 6 goals and 9 assists for 15 points in 14 games.

Brad Marchand, Patrice Bergeron and Loui Eriksson have 6 goals and 7 assists in 34 games combined. Seguin is outscoring the entire second line by himself.

One could in turn put that in perspective by predicting his playoff numbers this spring: 0GP 0G 0A +/-0 0 PIM would be my wager. :sarcasm: (then again, as you say, if we're too reliant on KIL - though the third line has started producing some - we won't be making it either).

But yeah, I thought Loui looked better and better with each game, and I'm hoping Marchy will step up, and Bergy will get back to his game in due time. Wouldn't mind them all peaking come playoffs, as long as they produce decent numbers before then as well.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Loui out on the ice again today in a gold (2nd line) sweater. Pretty sure that means he's cleared for contact or else he'd be wearing the designated "no contact" color wouldn't he?

BTW, Caron is rotating in with that line while Smith is on the 3rd. That tells me that they absolutely are expecting Loui back tomorrow night or else they'd still have Smith skating with the 2nd line IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad