Loui Eriksson sucks

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Sometimes stating obvious and true facts helps to keep the sanity around here while we slowly creep toward madness.

:laugh:

I wish you all the best. Arizona has long been my #2 dating back to my younger days loving the Peyote coyote. Just got a Bulin Wall jersey. And I wish Loui the best, seems like a great guy but he just has nothing left. It’ll be f*** John Scott and Brooks Orpik forever from me. He only had one good season after his series of concussions (UFA year with Krejci) and largely hasn’t been the same since

Reactions: Summer Rose

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I don’t understand why we don’t send him to Tucson. There’s a decent shot he refuses to report and we can just cancel his contract. He’d probably rather go sign a contract in Sweden and make up a good 50% of whatever he leaves on the table here. Beats riding the bus in the West division of the AHL. Brutal for a guy like him.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
And to think I no longer needed a Magic 8-ball.

Hmmmmmmm.

XpLEjlD.png

We may never know.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I don’t understand why we don’t send him to Tucson. There’s a decent shot he refuses to report and we can just cancel his contract. He’d probably rather go sign a contract in Sweden and make up a good 50% of whatever he leaves on the table here. Beats riding the bus in the West division of the AHL. Brutal for a guy like him.

It's because he's represented by super agent JP Barry.

That's all we talked about when he was in Vancouver, send him to the minors etc. But it's a politics thing.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
It's because he's represented by super agent JP Barry.

That's all we talked about when he was in Vancouver, send him to the minors etc. But it's a politics thing.
Ultimately it doesn’t matter. We wanted to get 32nd overall and we’re gonna get 32nd overall. And we’re free of OEL’s contract, so alls well that ends well.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

They haven't paper waived any of the vets yet because they seem to all be making an honest go of things. On and off the ice. And maybe that's more important in a year where wins will be scarce.

I would have preemptively told them I'd be doing it every 30 days for maximum flexibility and to not worry about it. But I can see why BA and the coaches have so far avoided that indignity.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Loui isn't going to do a f***ing thing all year. We will be in the last game of the year, tied with Chicago at 38 points.

Machine Gun Loui is going to record a hat trick the last game of the year to secure the Coyotes 40 points and finishing 31st. They'll go onto lose the lottery twice and pick 4th.

You're probably right, but in that scenario this is what I expect demand from Eriksson lol

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Thanks for catching up.

You want Turris back? I mean not for Eriksson just you want to try him out and see if he sucks or not?

Reactions: Gurglesons

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Eriksson is the prototypical “tank” player. An over the hill veteran on a one year deal who has 0% chance of returning, who is fulfilling his purpose of taking up a roster spot while his eventual replacement (Jenik) gestates in Tucson. He isn’t good, but he wasn’t supposed to be. Even if he was playing well, he makes too much to be deadline trade bait.

In 3 years we will look back and be like “hey remember when Loui Eriksson was a coyote that one time and was awful lol”. He’s our new Martin Erat

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
It's strange how he looked good in the preseason games then fell off as soon as the regular season started. Kind of thought he'd go on and have a decent season for us. I do think he has some ability left, and it doesn't seem like lack of effort either

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad