Loui Eriksson SEL rookie of the year..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
According to this article: LINK

18-year old Frölunda winger Loui Eriksson has been selected as the rookie of the year in the Swedish Elite League 2003/04.

- The greatest prospect Swedish hockey has for the moment, says team Sweden U20 coach Torgny Bendelin.

Eriksson has however had an excellent season. In the regular season he amassed 8 goals and 5 assists in 45 games and in the playoffs he even stepped up a notch scoring 1 goal and 5 assists in 10 games. Do not be surprised if Eriksson already next season will be a key-player in Frölunda

Previous notable winners include Nylanders, Johnson, Tellqvist and Zetterberg.

leafaholix*

Loui Eriksson > Zach Parise.

;)

Take it to the bank and cash it.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Starsdude said:
Great news. I thought he had a chance to sneak into HF's top 50 but....

Just goes on to show how forgotten the Stars prospect base really is. I've gotten used to it, as do most, but it would be nice if we get noticed for instance. Maybe it's because our fanbase at HF is rather slim or because we don't have a writer, who knows. But, from the positions they had to draft from, the Stars scouts have done a remarkeble job drafting. Far better then they get credit for, or the lack thereof.

The greatest prospect Swedish hockey has for the moment, says team Sweden U20 coach Torgny Bendelin

That's a pretty high praise there, and comes from a person that knows more about Swedish prospects than most at HF. Not sure what their standards for prospects are, but he should have made HF's list wherever Steen made it, if not, maybe even higher.

Russian Fan

Feb 27, 2003
Visit site
Modano = Dud said:
Just goes on to show how forgotten the Stars prospect base really is. I've gotten used to it, as do most, but it would be nice if we get noticed for instance. Maybe it's because our fanbase at HF is rather slim or because we don't have a writer, who knows. But, from the positions they had to draft from, the Stars scouts have done a remarkeble job drafting. Far better then they get credit for, or the lack thereof.

The greatest prospect Swedish hockey has for the moment, says team Sweden U20 coach Torgny Bendelin

That's a pretty high praise there, and comes from a person that knows more about Swedish prospects than most at HF. Not sure what their standards for prospects are, but he should have made HF's list wherever Steen made it, if not, maybe even higher.

Maybe it's not the Stars prospect that are forgotten but simply this player as well as others ? By experience, you always see some players always hype & wont ever change. (see Jani Rita, I dont know if he's still that can't miss prospect but he still considered that future good player by many people)

Laperriere22*

Modano = Dud said:
Just goes on to show how forgotten the Stars prospect base really is. I've gotten used to it, as do most, but it would be nice if we get noticed for instance. Maybe it's because our fanbase at HF is rather slim or because we don't have a writer, who knows.

Or possibly the crazy hype of a certain player by the name of Miettinen has caused Stars prospects to be lightly regarded. Same theory with Sejna and the Blues. Too much hype and expectation and not enough looking like they belong in the NHL.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Laperriere22 said:
Or possibly the crazy hype of a certain player by the name of Miettinen has caused Stars prospects to be lightly regarded. Same theory with Sejna and the Blues. Too much hype and expectation and not enough looking like they belong in the NHL.

Miettinen hyped? Miettinen was the first prospect of Stars property that got proper credit, even though it was only for about a month. Just because he got mentioned in Calder topics doesn't mean he was hyped. In fact, I don't recall anyone even daring to predict him winning it. You can't even put him in the same boat as Sejna who was predicited to be the eventual winner by about 50% here at HF (including me :o ) Also, Miettinen was positing simular numbers and made the same impact before he won the MVP award in his native league, yet no one really noticed him untill he actually won it. There's something about the Stars prospects that makes them underrated, underapreciated or unnoticed. I don't know what it is, and I am sure that there are more fanbases that feel like this, but the facts are there.

HOCKEY_GURU

Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
Leafaholix said:
Loui Eriksson > Zach Parise.

;)

Take it to the bank and cash it.
Thats quite a statement....do u htink Eriksson is that good/potential?...cause from what ive seen I really like Parise and in my opinion he has star potential.

Dundalis

Dec 28, 2003
They both do. Impossible to say who will be better. Parise probably has the better credentials to be a good player in the NHL at this point in time.

kennyx

Mar 26, 2004
Modano = Dud said:
He is ranked higher than Nilsson on eliteprospects.com and the random Swedish poster seems to agree on that.

According to eliteprospects.com, Steen is still > Eriksson.
Which one is it?

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
kennyx said:
According to eliteprospects.com, Steen is still > Eriksson.
Which one is it?

Steen is nearly one and a half years older and thus has proven himself more, to be the saver pick. I figure that we know more about this after Loui finishes his sophomore season in the SEL.

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver
Dallas acctually has 3 prospects in the swedish elitleague who could be NHL:ers. Eriksson, Hagos and Joel Lundqvist. Eriksson has the best offensive potential of the 3 but Hagos will be a good third line center. Lundqvist skating is holding back a bit but I think he could be a fine contributor in 1-2 years.

Steen is ahead of Eriksson at the moment so is Robert Nilsson IMO. But as you said Modano lets wait for Eriksons sophmore season before we compare him to the other 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad