Player Discussion Loui Eriksson, Pt. II

O/U (over/under) Will Eriksson get 0.5ppg+ this coming season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Barry, does Eriksson still suck?
Yes, other Barry. Yes he still does. Lower ppg this season than he had last year. He's managing to stay healthy so far but he still sucks.
Thanks for the update, Barry.
No problemo, other Barry.

Reactions: Hit the post

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
dude's old, doesn't get the Canadian Free Pass, and has a decent rep. hes probably a fine teammate

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Maybe the media doesn't want to talk to Eriksson? He doesn't even wear an A for the Canucks. But he did take Dahlen and Pettersson out before they went off to Penticton. He wasn't signed to be a leader. His contract is not a good one. He is no where near being the productive offensive player he was in Dallas and Boston. But sure talk about his leadership and how he doesn't speak to the media?

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Maybe the media doesn't want to talk to Eriksson? He doesn't even wear an A for the Canucks. But he did take Dahlen and Pettersson out before they went off to Penticton. He wasn't signed to be a leader. His contract is not a good one. He is no where near being the productive offensive player he was in Dallas and Boston. But sure talk about his leadership and how he doesn't speak to the media?

I think he is easily the best signing Benning has done.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
How do you explain the fact that Canucks consistently whiff on UFA signings? I mean the law of averages says one of them has to work out. Maybe Vanek, whom they at least got some decent production from and then traded at the deadline.

Roussel and Beagle might be OK, but their contracts and the term length are huge red-flags. As for the rest, ranging from mediocre to unmitigated disasters headlined by Eriksson.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014

The media came up, my original point was that he is the first guy off the ice at every practise while putting out a lackluster effort many games.

Just what do you expect out of him for 6 mil? A pulse maybe?

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
The media came up, my original point was that he is the first guy off the ice at every practise while putting out a lackluster effort many games.

Just what do you expect out of him for 6 mil? A pulse maybe?

Who actually said that he was the first one off the ice besides you? Got a credible source? Personally, I don't think Eriksson's effort level is lackluster at all.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Easy, their pro scouting is terrible.

There's certainly a large problem with the pro scouting department, but they also have an issue with the approach to free agency. You are going to inherently have a tough time attracting free agents when your team is terrible. That doesn't mean you should take the money earmarked for a marquee free agent and then immediately run out and spend it all on your second or third choice. There's just a general lack of strategy, zero ability to find value, and seemingly no attempt at negotiation.

It just looks way too much like management just has a list of guys and goes out cross them off a list and throwing money at them. You're just setting yourself up for stinker contracts doing that.

Lupuls Grit

Oct 12, 2018
Orillia
Other than doing "the little things", perhaps he may be useful as part of the Swedish contingent (along with Pettersson and a resigned Edler) to attract a certain Norris-calibre, Swedish defenceman currently plying his trade with the Sharks. Other than that, he's a very expensive and unproductive placeholder. I won't get too worked up about him though until cap starts to become an issue (in the next couple of years) or if he is holding down a position that should go to a better player in the AHL (really, no one at this point).

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Who actually said that he was the first one off the ice besides you? Got a credible source? Personally, I don't think Eriksson's effort level is lackluster at all.

Read the thread. Paterson and Botchford have reported it several times as they attend every Canuck practise.

You have set a pretty low bar for the highest paid player on the team. Horvat and Petterson, someone like Roussel would be examples of players who work hard and set the example of how to lead this team. Eriksson is here to collect a cheque at this point in his career.

At least the coach has woken up and put him on the 4th line as a 6 million dollar checker and he is not wasting a spot on Horvat or Petterson's wing anymore. Absolutely should not be in the top 6.

Reactions: Canadian Club

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
This is one of the most ridiculous posts I have ever seen from you.

Reactions: timw33

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
This is one of the most ridiculous posts I have ever seen from you.

OMG so ridiculous. Are you saying I'm the only one you heard say that there's nothing wrong with Eriksson's effort level in games?

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I feel like the topic of effort level is basically just talking about how fast a player is and it's a pretty lame point of discussion in a league full of players who have constantly outdone others to make the nhl.

Reactions: vancityluongo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad