Loudest crowd

DickThunder

Mar 13, 2012
Rovaniemi, Finland
Probably Jets. Though I don't really find it meaningful to order teams by loudness only (in dB), but by how intimidating they are. "Go Team Go" in 110 dB is pretty boring compared to actual singing and original chants in 109 dB.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
NJ has a very underrated crowd. They definitely weren't always loud though, it started in the 2nd round of the 2012 playoffs when there was a real belief the Devils could make a deep playoff run. The crowds for those Philly and Ranger series were some of the loudest I've heard. Same thing this year. After being away from the playoffs for almost 6 years, there's an excitement surrounding this years team. People are pumped.

The Rock is small and the fans are right on top of the ice, it gets loud as hell in there

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Probably Jets. Though I don't really find it meaningful to order teams by loudness only (in dB), but by how intimidating they are. "Go Team Go" in 110 dB is pretty boring compared to actual singing and original chants in 109 dB.

There aren't many original chants left. Everyone is basically all doing the same chants these days.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
shl fans is louder than nhl fans. in shl the whole crowd is clapping their hands for 60 minutes and 500 fans is singing for 60 minutes.

the shl final is right now, go and watch a stream if you guys want very loud hockey crowd for 60 minutes.

mrzeigler

.. but I'm not wrong
Sep 30, 2006
Pittsburgh
What does it matter?

In my experience, the loudest, most boisterous fans also tend to be the ones most likely to jump up out of their seats every time the home team carries the puck into the offensive zone.

And no one -- NO ONE -- likes to sit behind those assholes.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I’d like a point of clarification please.

Are we talking largest crowd in terms of noise made during the game?

Or are we talking largest crowd whining about things between games?

Very very different question....

Crowd at game? My guess is Winnipeg or Nashville.

Crowd whining during and between games? I have a clear opinion but it would be inappropriate for me to say.:naughty:

Reactions: burstnbloom

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

I agree with this completely, and look forward to Golden Knights team and fans creating unique chants. the "Go Knights Go" thing is, sorry, lame and precisely what other teams do, except the ones with the far different "Let's go Team" chants. The "Shame" chant we're trying to get established whenever opponents go to the bin is a start....say what you want about it, but at least it isn't "Go Knights Go" or "Beat LA" repeated over and over and over.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Finally get to hear that CBJ crowd tonight. That place shakes. Last year they stood like nearly the entire first period going nuts. Our first ever 2 game lead having a chance to move forward and get to the team we know we can beat but no one else thinks we can.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I wondered about the layout/design at the arena. I've watched NJ games through the years but when I tuned in for last night's game I thought the crowd was crazy loud. Probably the best I've heard so far.

Yeah, my missing voice is an indication of how long we have been waiting to cheer for our team in the playoffs. It was rocking inside and the chants of "let's go Devils!" could be heard from blocks away after the game.

ItchyScratchy77

Jul 1, 2016
Winnipeg
There aren't many original chants left. Everyone is basically all doing the same chants these days.

Are those chants in Nashville orchestrated by the organization or did they originate from the fans?

Jets game was bonkers loud last night, btw. Not to mention the noise coming from the 15-20,000 people partying outside BellMts.

Reactions: Georgetown Al

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
I don't know what "singing" means, but the Jets rank first for just overall never ending noise and chanting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->