Loudest Arena? Quietest Arena?

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Living in NYC I have been to plenty of NYR and Islander games. NYR isn't that loud but ive only been to regular season games. Islander games when they played in Brooklyn was a joke lol. God that place sucked, but I went to the Islander/Bruins playoff series a few seasons back at the Coliseum and that place was loud as hell. Boston during the playoffs has your ears ringing by the end. I'm sure Carolina is loud now but I only went back in 2009 when I was stationed at Bragg when they sucked.
The coliseum as well as PNC arena in Raleigh were/are insanely loud partly due to older construction styles. The Isles tried with UBS with the low roof but bottom line is modern design and materials don’t make for the same sound a building built in 72 or 97 will deliver. I felt Carolina and Montreal were two loudest arenas I’ve visited in recent years

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
You have never been to a playoff game in Winnipeg, have you? When the team is firing on all cylinders there isn't a rink that’s louder.

For reference, check out game 3 vs Nashville in 2018, where the Jets erased a 3-0 deficit in about 5 minutes to start the 2nd period. Or even game 3 last year when they came back in the third, down 4-1 on a goal by Lowry with 23 seconds left to tie it up.
Can the Jets fan be loud? They utterly lost their minds in game 2 pregame holding at 105db & peaking at 112db. They were so loud that in game announcements could not be heard over the crowd noise.

Were they also utterly silent during long stretches? Most definately. This was particularly evident in game 2's second period. Up 1-0 in the series & 1-0 in the game, the crowd failed to welcome the team onto the ice with any effort. Things worsened when the Avs tied it 1-1 & then it was back to utter silence for 6 minutes until Scheifele's goal made the score 2-1. Despite the lead you could hear a pin drop at times & once Lehkonenen tied it again, the only noise was from fans either disgusted or crying.

Kudo's do go out to fans from sections 310-316 (behind the net, attack zone twice) for their efforts as well as the little girl sitting behind me in 309 who cutely screamed "Go Jets Go" the entire game, much to the disgust of many nearby who muttered they hoped she'd shut up.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
The coliseum as well as PNC arena in Raleigh were/are insanely loud partly due to older construction styles. The Isles tried with UBS with the low roof but bottom line is modern design and materials don’t make for the same sound a building built in 72 or 97 will deliver. I felt Carolina and Montreal were two loudest arenas I’ve visited in recent years
I'm really curious on what we are going to do with our upcoming renovations. The organization takes a lot of pride in just how loud that building can get during big games, and they fully recognize that acoustics play a large role in that. Will be interesting to see how they modernize it while still holding onto the character that has made it such a difficult venue to play in since it was built.

Reactions: DaveG

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
For loudest I’ll go Florida. They had a nice run last season and their fans are salivating for that cup.

For quietest I’ll go Winnipeg. Smallest arena and the barn has rarely been full this season. In the past they’ve even failed to sellout playoff games.
Have you watched a Jets home game?
I guess to get replies and people to post you are doing the twitter hot take eh?

---
Quitest has to be Toronto.

Loudest?
This is tough I think a lot of crowds are loud. Winnipeg has to be up there
Edmonton
Florida Panthers
Boston

Probably my top 4.

Reactions: hn777

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Have you watched a Jets home game?
I guess to get replies and people to post you are doing the twitter hot take eh?

---
Quitest has to be Toronto.

Loudest?
This is tough I think a lot of crowds are loud. Winnipeg has to be up there
Edmonton
Florida Panthers
Boston

Probably my top 4.
How in the world is Vancouver not your top four, Vancouver and Winnipeg are easily the two loudest buildings and it’s not even close

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
My favorite team has the loudest arena by far. Your favorite team does not.
I wish my favorite team had a much louder arena. Fans didn’t even want to wave their towels yesterday.

To be fair there was some noise but some of it happened when people wanted to complain about the refs.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Everyone knows PNC pumps in crowd noise bc we jerks don't watch or understand hockey :sarcasm:
Did y’all figger out what dem blue lines are all about yet?

I wouldn't trust them tbh. It be better if some dude went to a home game for each team and got the noise level.

Its been a while so I think people forget.

Buffalo can get insane.

Man, when they finally get back in the playoffs...
the soon to be new roof at their arena will be blown right off.

• Haha
Reactions: WreckingCrew

rea

Feb 8, 2011
I was at canucks game tonight, have to say, after watching the games thinkin it was loud, being at the game was another level. The roof almost blew off after zads goal. My ears still have a hollow ring going on, hopefully that subsides after a good night's sleep, cuz it's really annoying lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad