Lou Lamoriello implements his no facial hair rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Do you got to an interview like that?
In sales, do you approach a client like that?

If you don't care, why wear suits to the games on the bus/plane?

Crysis

Jun 28, 2015
The fact that men can't have beards in professional fields but women can dress up like they are going to a night club(excessive makeup, excessive cleavage) is such a double standard. I don't support it at all. Either ban it all or accept it all people.

Jan 3, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Do you got to an interview like that?
In sales, do you approach a client like that?

If you don't care, why wear suits to the games on the bus/plane?

Bit of a tangent, but the way the suits culture crept in to minor hockey is absolutely ridiculous. Kids wearing a shirt and tie to their AE minor peewee game. Give me a break.

Burkie was the only one who had it figured out.

Last edited:

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
When I coached travel, we had our kids wear button-up shirts and slacks. Nothing crazy. They were allowed to wear their team issued track suits after, or could change back into the shirt/slacks combo. Some organizations take it to the extreme, however

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I have to either be clean shaven or have a mustache/goatee/beard, no stubble. I would feel the wrath of upper management if i did follow the rules.

wow, must be good job in other areas then. I work for a bay st law firm (not a lawyer) and my beard ranges from mid length to wild and scruffy depending on when I can be bothered trimming and ive not had a single word about it.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Not for all of us, bud ;)

We don't all work for corporate fascists :D
Hell, I work for a government office in a customer service environment, and there's no issue with facial hair or tattoos, so long as you're dressed in appropriate business-casual attire.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
I have to either be clean shaven or have a mustache/goatee/beard, no stubble. I would feel the wrath of upper management if i did follow the rules.

That’s fine if it has to do with health and safety. I have to be clean shaven sometimes when I need to wear an SCBA. But in hockey facial or even a bit of stubble doesn’t affect thar. I hate being clean shaven as my face just doesn’t like it. I get rashes and breakout so I always have a bit of stubble unless it when I need to be clean shaven for safety reasons.

Eat The Rich

Jun 17, 2017
Hell, I work for a government office in a customer service environment, and there's no issue with facial hair or tattoos, so long as you're dressed in appropriate business-casual attire.

Basically.

I work in a hospital and had facial piercings at the time I was hired.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
No contracts, no A for Auston, now the rules are getting tossed aside........Oh Kyle, did you learn nothing?

deltamachine

Mar 30, 2013
wow, must be good job in other areas then. I work for a bay st law firm (not a lawyer) and my beard ranges from mid length to wild and scruffy depending on when I can be bothered trimming and ive not had a single word about it.

Blake’s? I worked there many years ago and that firm is pretty cool

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
A few years ago if you were a male working as a Cast Member for Walt Disney World you were not allowed to have any facial hair. However they got rid of that rule and it goes to show you how Lou is stuck in the past on something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad