New York Islanders: Lou Lamoriello Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bird Boys

May 18, 2018
You are correct team is playing great but is it on spite of what Lou has done? there is where my struggle is

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Bailey could be traded, but it's unlikely that they'd look to just dump him to get rid of him.
I don't think anyone is suggesting that. We can't afford it, and I don't mean dumping the contract. We need players. He's a serviceable, 50 pt plus NHL forward (I'm telling you :rolleyes:). You don't just punt that.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
This summer will tell us if Lou was really smart last summer and picked up guys like Komarov, Kunhackl, and Fillpula for defensive and PK purposes or if he’s just no longer suited to be a GM. The Hickey signing made no sense. I think we can all agree on that. Those other 3 did if he was trying to make the team fit Trotz’s style.
How did Hickey signing make no sense? Toews was coming back off a major shoulder injury without ever playing game in league. How could he have been counted on to step in right away. Hickey is a nhl defenseman in the cheap, if isles want he can easily be traded watch how many guys that he’s probably better than get signed this summer for more money.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
How did Hickey signing make no sense? Toews was coming back off a major shoulder injury without ever playing game in league. How could he have been counted on to step in right away. Hickey is a nhl defenseman in the cheap, if isles want he can easily be traded watch how many guys that he’s probably better than get signed this summer for more money.
No need to sign the player for four years. If he wasn't going to take a one or two year deal then let him walk. We could have just sign some other cheap UFA veteran defenseman.
Guys like Hickey are plentiful.
Re- Signing Hickey is LL's signature move. He did the same thing with Zaitsev.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
No need to sign the player for four years. If he wasn't going to take a one or two year deal then let him walk. We could have just sign some other cheap UFA veteran defenseman.
Guys like Hickey are plentiful.
Re- Signing Hickey is LL's signature move. He did the same thing with Zaitsev.
We don’t know what offers hickey had I’m guessing he had others as much as everyone seems it hate him his is an nhl defenseman and decent third pair one at that. Hickey is very tradeable if they want to get rid of him it won’t be issue.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Louis strictly a junk baller at this point, hes lost a lot on the fastball. Please no more Ludacris signings of the likes of Komarov and hickey for four years.
I agree but even a blind squirrels finds a nut sometimes.
And don't forget Tim Wakefield won a WS and RA Dickey Cy Young

Bird Boys

May 18, 2018
Hickey made no sense because he is blocking potential young talent and also taking up cap space needed for impact players. I feel the same way about Komarov

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
5 million for 50 points. Sign me up.

Listen now,, you can't go blaming Bailey for his lack of effort, intensity, effectiveness, drive or production. He was moved to a different line... clearly not his fault. His teammates are mostly to blame....

Jeeeez....

Reactions: Big L

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
I don't think anyone would mistake me for a Hickey apologist.... but the signing wasn't terrible. Someone would be willing to take him, absolutely. If not via trade, put him on waivers around late December and he's not making it through.... and if he does, he's buried in BP.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Lou is responsible for bringing in Trotz.

Lou is responsible for everything hockey related. He’s done a great job this year when you look at the entirety of what he has done. Isles have done a complete 180 this year. Big off season for Lou coming up that will hopefully put his stamp on the team and help them take a next step.

However...he screwed the pouch at the deadline. You can’t expect to run the same 4 centres all yr...esp how Czikas plays and how old Fil is. Once they realized Gionta was not going to cut it they should have looked to bring someone in that can play C and wing. Kuhn/Fritz cannot be Plan B.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Lightning untie it, 4-3

Each team has scored more PP goals in this game than ours scored in a month...clearly the skill level is opposite ends of the spectrum but wow, it's like a teenage boy seeing boobies for the first time

Reactions: Big L
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->