NHL Entry Draft: Lottery Team Mock Draft - Risers and Fallers edition

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
While I appreciate the hard work that everyone puts into their mock drafts, let's be honest, most of them are the same. Year in and year out we see two or three guys surprisingly end up in the top 10, and thus 2 or 3 guys fall out of it. It's a pretty inexact science. However, if you piece together who is supposedly rising /falling and make some educated guesses you can come with a different kind of mock which is what I am bringing to the table here. Sure to cause heated arguing, discussion, etc but certainly unique from the average mock on the board.

So, without further adu.......

1. :devils - Jack Hughes

2. :rangers - Kaapo Kakko

3. :hawks - Bowen Byram

4. :avs - Dylan Cozens

5. :kings - Vasily Podkolzin

6. :wings - Philip Broberg

7. :sabres - Alex Turcotte

8. :edmonton - Cole Caufield

9. :ducks - Kirby Dach

10. :nucks - Peyton Krebs

11. :flyers - Trevor Zegras

12. :wild - Matthew Boldy

13. :panthers - Victor Soderstrom

14. :coyotes - Alex Newhook

15. :habs - Thomas Harley

Dr Awesome

Yak in the city
Sep 24, 2008
British Columbia
Some bold selections cotton, let’s see if they pay off.

Some interesting ones that could happen. I’d like to see all the Mack drafts that different from rest maybe out together to cross examine after draft day

Reactions: The Madrigal

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
2b02ewx.jpg

Kearns

Too good to be true, no?
Jun 7, 2008
Kamloops, BC
I like this mock. Nice job. Would have loved to see a bit of an explanation for each pick. I do not think it off the charts at all. You have Broberg and Caufield higher than many, Dach maybe a bit lower. Caufield is a wild card in this draft. I still see him in the 20s in some rankings and mocks. I think he will surprise. I could see Podkolzin dropping further than 5th. I could see Newhook creeping close to top 10.

Reactions: The Madrigal

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I'm just not buying into the hype that Podkolzin will fall out of the to 10. I think the only reason people are thinking that is because he's Russian. He's still one of the top few prospects in this draft and just last year there was a Russian that went 2nd overall (Svechnikov).

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
I'm just not buying into the hype that Podkolzin will fall out of the to 10. I think the only reason people are thinking that is because he's Russian. He's still one of the top few prospects in this draft and just last year there was a Russian that went 2nd overall (Svechnikov).
Svech was already over here.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
He had disappointed u18 tournament.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->