Lottery Projection and mock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

A-Fan

Mar 11, 2002
Visit site
I assigned each team a number (1-30) and weighted it according to the rules and got this through a random number generator. Then I did a mock draft.

1. Carolina - Sidney Crosby
2. NY Rangers - Gilbert Brule
3. Columbus - Jack Johnson
4. Chicago - Benoit Pouliot
5. Pittsburgh - Bobby Ryan
6. Buffalo - Anze Kopitar
7. Phoenix - Ryan O'Marra
8. Edmonton - Guilluame Latendresse
9. Minnesota - Marek Zagrapen
10. Los Angeles - Carey Price
11. Washington - Alex Bourret
12. Boston - Jack Skille
13. Florida - Marc Staal
14. Anahiem - Luc Bourdon
15. Calgary - Tuukka Rask
16. NY Islanders - Nicklas Bergfors
17. Nashville - Martin Hanzel
18. Montreal - Jakub Kindel
19. Atlanta - Ryan Stoa
20. Dallas - Kenndal MacArdle
21. St. Louis - Ryan Parent
22. Toronto - Micheal Blunden
23. New Jersey - Matt Lashoff
24. Vancouver - Devin Setoguchi
25. Detroit - Brian Lee
26. Philadelphia - Jakub Vojta
27. Colorado - Scott Jackson
28. Ottawa - Andrew Cogliano
29. San Jose - Dan Bertram
30 Tampa Bay - Ondrej Pavelec

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I tend to think the Rangers would take Johnson instead of Brule in the 2nd overall spot, but I certainly wouldn't complain about being in that #2 spot ;)

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
This order was done in a random way?

INteresting, this looks a lot like what the order would have been if there had been a season... All the bottom teams have the good picks and most good teams have high picks.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Fozz said:
This order was done in a random way?

INteresting, this looks a lot like what the order would have been if there had been a season... All the bottom teams have the good picks and most good teams have high picks.

I was thinking the same thing.

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
I was wondering, too. Which "rules" did he use? Probability-wise, it could not have been 1 ball, 1 team. Was it the 3 balls for 3 seasons with no playoffs weighted system? I have just read that some people are talking about a lottery with 30 balls to the worst team of 2003-04, 29 for the second, and so on. Statistically, that looks like what A-Fan did. Or, maybe, he just did the normal lottery for a normal year?

Stiffler's Mom

Mar 2, 2004
Rangers Love Brule

Levitate said:
I tend to think the Rangers would take Johnson instead of Brule in the 2nd overall spot, but I certainly wouldn't complain about being in that #2 spot ;)

Brule and Johnson both have a shot at number 2. We'll have to wait until draft day to see what happens. The fact is the Rangers love Brule.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Stiffler's Mom said:
Brule and Johnson both have a shot at number 2. We'll have to wait until draft day to see what happens. The fact is the Rangers love Brule.

Why do they love him so much? I would think they would stay away from risky picks like Brule, Pouliot seeing as we have other first round unknowns like Jessiman and Korpikoski. Would they take Johnson before Brule? Where have you heard this?

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Balej's Dance said:
Why do they love him so much? I would think they would stay away from risky picks like Brule, Pouliot seeing as we have other first round unknowns like Jessiman and Korpikoski. Would they take Johnson before Brule? Where have you heard this?

exactly, what are your sources for "the rangers love brule"? The Rangers haven't said anything to the media about who they like in this draft yet as far as i know...if you know someone who knows someone, etc etc, that says that, then at least put that out there.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
A-Fan said:
I assigned each team a number (1-30) and weighted it according to the rules and got this through a random number generator. Then I did a mock draft.

BS. If you did this randomly, you certainly did not weight it according to the rules.

Your order is as likely as winning the lottery grand prize three weeks in a row. Looks like you made it up or did not weight it correctly.

Rakiet*

For a 1/30 mock draft the results ironically strongly point towards a weighted draft. Just skimming over it you can see the majority of the contender teams all have picks after #15

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Stiffler's Mom said:

I really disagree here, Sather/Malone have established a penchant for going after big, American NCAA players with good mobility in recent years (not necessarily in the draft). Brule has the character Sather loves, but no discipline, which Sather hates; he's dealt every player with discipline issues.

With that said, the Rangers haven't taken a defenseman high since Baranka, can't remember the last in the first round. So Johnson might be the target. Tyutin really needs a partner.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
BobMarleyNYR said:
I really disagree here, Sather/Malone have established a penchant for going after big, American NCAA players with good mobility in recent years (not necessarily in the draft).

Thats exactly what I was going to say.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
As a Coyotes fan I would love this. Ryan O'Marra is the player I'm hoping the 'Yotes snatch up. But I have to agree with the others who say it looks more like it is weighted off of the '03-'04 season more than anything.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I would definately be happy with Kopitar.

It looks like a good draft order to me anyway, well done

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
A-Fan said:

1. Carolina - Sidney Crosby
2. NY Rangers - Gilbert Brule
3. Columbus - Jack Johnson
4. Chicago - Benoit Pouliot
5. Pittsburgh - Bobby Ryan
6. Buffalo - Anze Kopitar
7. Phoenix - Ryan O'Marra
8. Edmonton - Guilluame Latendresse
9. Minnesota - Marek Zagrapen
10. Los Angeles - Carey Price
11. Washington - Alex Bourret
12. Boston - Jack Skille
13. Florida - Marc Staal
14. Anahiem - Luc Bourdon
15. Calgary - Tuukka Rask
16. NY Islanders - Nicklas Bergfors
17. Nashville - Martin Hanzel
18. Montreal - Jakub Kindel
19. Atlanta - Ryan Stoa
20. Dallas - Kenndal MacArdle
21. St. Louis - Ryan Parent
22. Toronto - Micheal Blunden
23. New Jersey - Matt Lashoff
24. Vancouver - Devin Setoguchi
25. Detroit - Brian Lee
26. Philadelphia - Jakub Vojta
27. Colorado - Scott Jackson
28. Ottawa - Andrew Cogliano
29. San Jose - Dan Bertram
30 Tampa Bay - Ondrej Pavelec
what site did u go to, to do a random draw?

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
i did an unweighted draw and got these results

1.Dallas - Sidney Crosby
2.Carolina - Jack Johnson
3.Atlanta- Gilbert Brule
4.Vancouver - Benoit Pouliot
5.Columbus - Bobby Ryan
6.Toronto - Anze Kopitar
7.Edmonton - Alex Bourret
8.New Jersey - Jack Skille
9.Calgary - Carey Price
10.Detroit - Marc Staal
11.NYR - Luc Bourdon
12.Anaheim - Ryan Parent
13.Chicago - Guilamme Latendresse
14.Ottawa - Kendal MacArdle
15.NYI - Marek Zagrapan
16.Tampa Bay - Martin Hanzal
17.Pittsburgh - Ryan O'Marra
18.San Jose - Niclas Berfors
19.Buffalo - Brendan Mikkelson
20.Philadelphia - Ryan Stoa
21.St.Louis - Brian Lee
22.Colorado - Jakub Kindl
23.Boston - Devin Setoguchi
24.Phoenix - Dan Bertram
25.Montreal - Matt Lashoff
26.Nashville - Radek Smolenak
27.Minnesota - Andrew Cogliano
28.Washington - Jakub Vojta
29.Florida - Chris Durrand
30.LA - Ondrej Pavelec

Onion Boy

Jan 29, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Stiffler's Mom said:

If they Rangers are lucky enough to be in that position, you can bet they'll take either Johnson, Kopitar, Ryan, or maybe even Pouliot before they take Brule. The Rangers need size up front and also need a legit no.1 defense prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->