TV: Lost

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
Ok how many people have now watched season six and want to go back and watch the whole series again? I'm going to. I think I'll start it again in a week or two that way I get a season or two in before hockey starts.

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
Off the top of my head:

[spoil]- They do allude to the mother possibly being the Smoke Monster (if that was what you were getting at). Darlton were being their usual coy self, leaving it up to the fans to ultimately decide, but you couldn't help but feel that was their intention. They specifically highlight all the destruction she seemingly caused and the fact that she leaves the camp smoking.

- They talk about the MiB being special, how his mother told him this and how he had the ability to see dead people (which Jacob could not do). They didn't make the connection, but it made me think of Ben seeing his mother as a young boy and Hurley's ability. Both of them turned out to be island leaders of some sort, so it would almost seem like the MiB's destiny was thwarted.

- The fact that Jacob turned out to be a bit of a mama's boy was brought up and that they tried to make the MiB a very sympathetic character (and I think he was in this episode). They also felt that the MiB had a much more compelling backstory than Jacob who was thrust into a role he didn't want because his brother rejected it.

- As I suspected, they discuss how their mother anointing one of them island protector was a long con. She didn't want the job anymore and this was evidenced by her thanking the MiB after he stabbed her.

- The rules are also discussed. Can they be broken? Are the rules other people have in the show related? They didn't come out and say it, but the gist I got from it was that the island protector made their own rules and had the power to enforce them. Mother had her rule that the brothers could not harm one another but once she passed her power to Jacob (and subsequently died) Jacob was able to kill his brother. Jacob got to then make his own rules, and maybe if he were a different person he could have made it so that his brother could never leave the island under any circumstances, but the way I see it is that his history of playing games with the MiB influenced him to make it possible for either side to "win". But that's all just conjecture on my part.[/spoil]

That's all I can think of at the moment. Nothing really specific, but it made me think quite a bit.

Thanks. I wish they did a commentary on the final. Maybe they did and I just can't find it on the disc. I did find a bunch of Easter eggs on disc 5 though.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
Ok how many people have now watched season six and want to go back and watch the whole series again? I'm going to. I think I'll start it again in a week or two that way I get a season or two in before hockey starts.

I watched the whole series again the last few weeks, timing it right (well, within a few days) to get the Season 6 DVD and then watching Season 6 again.

And yes, it's quite fascinating, considering how fast I went through the series initially trying to catch up to pick up on the little things and appreciate it again knowing the final outcome.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal

I'm definitely going to soon. I usually would have started my rewatch by now, but with no new season looming there's not as much pressure.

Thanks. I wish they did a commentary on the final. Maybe they did and I just can't find it on the disc. I did find a bunch of Easter eggs on disc 5 though.

I think they were going to (they indicated as much in the commentary for Across the Sea) but I assume they decided against it to go along with their philosophy of letting The End speak for itself. Whether they made that decision before or after it aired, your guess is as good as mine.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I haven't watched the commentary yet. Did Darlton infer that the Smoke Monster "died" with the death of Flocke, or did it just move on to a differant "host"? What's interesting is the Island itself still needs a protector-a job given to Hurley and then to Walt. In perpetuity?

void

Jan 5, 2006
I still didn't buy Season 6... All the Walmarts near my house haven't received their exclusive edition yet and that's the one I want. I comes with the same bonus disc that's in the complete collection.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
I haven't watched the commentary yet. Did Darlton infer that the Smoke Monster "died" with the death of Flocke, or did it just move on to a differant "host"? What's interesting is the Island itself still needs a protector-a job given to Hurley and then to Walt. In perpetuity?

They didn't do a commentary for The End (as far as I know) and they tried to avoid spoilers in their commentary for Across the Sea so Locke's death didn't come up.

In my theory, the "Smocke Monster", that would be the one we are most accustomed to, would have "died" in the finale. But that's not to say somebody else couldn't go down into that cave in the future and unleash a "new" smoke monster. Though, if I understood them correctly, that would be more difficult now with the current set-up down there.

TheSwedishRocket

Feb 24, 2009
Halifax, NS
So why are you in this thread? Maybe you need something simpler to follow-like Rubicon.

I'm hear to voice my opinion, but i guess i shouldn't be on the internet if i want to do that. It seems like no one is allowed to have an opinion on here.

Lost is all together a mediocre show and went on far too long. Inb4trolls.

Habsfan22100

Jul 14, 2009
I'm hear to voice my opinion, but i guess i shouldn't be on the internet if i want to do that. It seems like no one is allowed to have an opinion on here.

Lost is all together a mediocre show and went on far too long. Inb4trolls.

How would you know it went on for too long if you only watched the first three seasons?

John Cena*

LOST goes down as top 3 show of all time! So happy I was apart of the ride.

I feel bad for people that watch shows like mad mans and daxter. really plain and bad shows. well i do know the ratings to those shows are awful im just wonderin how they won academys

Habsfan22100

Jul 14, 2009
LOST goes down as top 3 show of all time! So happy I was apart of the ride.

I feel bad for people that watch shows like mad mans and daxter. really plain and bad shows. well i do know the ratings to those shows are awful im just wonderin how they won academys

Dexter a bad show? Come on man. I'm a huge Lost fan too, but you can't deny the quality of other shows such as Dexter, Mad Men and Breaking Bad.

John Cena*

Well people i know that watch mad man stopped after first 2 episodes, i stopped after first 1. breaking bad like mad man? if it is which it might be since its on amc i cant give it a chance. and i dont have starz but who wants to watch another generic killer show?

Habsfan22100

Jul 14, 2009
Well people i know that watch mad man stopped after first 2 episodes, i stopped after first 1. breaking bad like mad man? if it is which it might be since its on amc i cant give it a chance. and i dont have starz but who wants to watch another generic killer show?

I never said Breaking Bad was like Mad Men. I stopped watching Mad Men after the first episode too, because it wasn't my thing, but I still see why it gets a lot of love. Dexter a generic killer show? Come on, at least watch the show before making assumptions.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Got shut out of the major Emmy categories last night. Not shocked Fox didn't win (although for the record I think his work as Jack was really really underrated as he worked in the shadow of Emerson and O'Quinn, he didn't get enough credit for how well he did with the character). Mildly surprised O'Quinn or Emerson didn't win for best supporting actor. Would have liked to have seen a best drama send off, but network television is pretty up the creek when its up against HBO/AMC. Especially now that the latter is becoming more and more common for people to have.

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver

Seriously?

Breaking Bad has some of the best acting on television and the last season had some amazing sequences.

Dexter's last season was easily one of the best ever.

I'm a huge Lost fan, but come on, just because they lost out is no reason to bash two other great shows.

John Cena*

breaking bad is not like mad men i apologize the first episode of bb was good

mad men though is a horrible show i watched 1 ep and it was not of my appeal. very trashy show.

void

Jan 5, 2006
breaking bad is not like mad men i apologize the first episode of bb was good

mad men though is a horrible show i watched 1 ep and it was not of my appeal. very trashy show.

How can you judge a show after one episode?

John Cena*

You believe he's actually watched an episode? He seems to have no clue what it's about.

Does it matter what I like? You going to cry because I don't like mad man? No didn't think so, no need to make a big deal about me not liking a show in a lost thread.

I already admitted Breaking Bad looks to be a real good show after seeing the first episode. Not so much mad men. It's my appealing. Mad men don't appeal to me after seeing the first episode. And shows set in old time don't appeal to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad