Post-Game Talk: Loss. - Preds @ Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
I'm at the end of my tether. We've been mediocre (or worse) since December 17 (kicked off our big losing streak from there) and Lavy's big adjustments for a team with one scoring line, inconsistent play from its top 4D, and an abysmal PPare things like swapping around the third pairing and Smith/Sissons (for all of half a period). Our HoF GM trades for a 4th liner (who I really like) and a healthy scratch (for nothing of value). Our team looks like they don't care or don't know what the **** they're doing half the time. Is this really all you've got Preds? THIS is your big "the team wants to give it another shot" mode?!
I'd be willing to bet the HoF GM is at the end of his tether as well.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
Is this really all you've got Preds? THIS is your big "the team wants to give it another shot" mode?!

Not trying to improve the team season-to-season is a fool's errand. The other teams in the NHL are not going to sit on their hands, why would Poile choose to?

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
We're pretty screwed then cause no way Poile pulls that trigger mid-season. Too bad cause it's the type of thing that can push an underachieving team to a Cup.
When did LA fire their coach during the 2012 season they won the Cup? Was it Murray? That team was f***ing horrible for 5 months.

Reactions: PredAlert

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
Not trying to improve the team season-to-season is a fool's errand. The other teams in the NHL are not going to sit on their hands, why would Poile choose to?
Probably since they went to the SCF then won the President's Trophy (with largely the same roster). I doubt he's swayed by something like that again.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I'm not "fire the coach guy". I'm just wary of the fact that we're reaching the point of his tenure where Lavy begins to fail.

Reactions: Tex76

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
The only possible silver lining to this game is that it could be a f***ing massive wake up call. What that could lead to, I don't know, but I'm tired of going into every game expecting what I just saw.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Poile either needs to trade someone to wake them up, fire a coach, or not waste his assets on this mess.
At this point I'm discouraged enough to say let it just play out, look to trade one of Subban/Ellis in the off-season for a forward+prospects/picks, bring in Fabbro/Tolvanen for next season, clean house on coaching staff.

Reactions: GoldOnGold

twig

Dec 8, 2013
Just a feeling but I think he sits out on all of the elite guys that will be out there available for trades.
I think he has done all he is going to do unless some kind of killer deal fall's in his lap.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
The only possible silver lining to this game is that it could be a ****ing massive wake up call. What that could lead to, I don't know, but I'm tired of going into every game expecting what I just saw.
It SHOULD be, anyway. But some of what has gone before probably should have been too. Just this has it all in a bigger heap at once maybe. It comes down to leadership probably. No Weber and Fisher, I wonder if the current team really has a leader who can take charge that way? Lots of nice guys, lots of guys who are liked and generally say the right things and support eachother, etc... but who brings the hammer down for the wake up call?

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I'm not "fire the coach guy". I'm just wary of the fact that we're reaching the point of his tenure where Lavy begins to fail.
It happens to the best of them eventually. As the saying goes, you can't fire 20 players. I have always liked Lavy and even though we nitpick things constantly as part of our mandate as fans, he's been great for us overall, and you look around the league, and we've been blessed with good coaching practically forever. But if you are looking for a wake up call - those late season coaching changes could really shake things up.

But who is available? I don't think we are grooming any internal candidates atm. Vigneault, Quenneville, didn't catch on yet anywhere? I'm probably not keeping up to date. Who is out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->