Post-Game Talk: Loss. - Preds at Kings

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
the ONLY silver lining there is that the guys don't get it in their head that they can play like horsecrap and win it in the 3rd every night.
Live by the sword you die by the sword. Can't keep giving up leads in the 2nd and then expect to win them all in the 3rd by scoring 3-4 goals.

Our 2nd periods have just been murderous this year.
Hopefully learn their lesson as Sissons just said postgame :
-didn't show up for 2 pds
-asleep at the wheel
-can't take 40 minutes off, especially on the road.

Now we'll see if they mean it or if it's just talk. We've seen how they play in Vegas.

Aardvarksson

gif spammer
Apr 21, 2017
Nashville
Saros vanishes in big moments. Hate to say it but it's becoming more and more obvious that the pressure gets to him. Sucks because I like the kid.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Saros vanishes in big moments. Hate to say it but it's becoming more and more obvious that the pressure gets to him. Sucks because I like the kid.
Eh, I'm not going to lose hope yet. There's a different mindset that comes with being "the guy" than being the backup. It's not like Rinne has been all that stellar in high-pressure moments during his career either and he's still obviously been a big part of the Preds success.

Very poor rebound, but tough to stay sharp with the ice as tilted as it was that period (outshooting them 20-5 at that point), and the team hung him out to dry the first 2 periods. He has no chance on the Kopitar goal or the 3rd goal deflection. Rinne maybe stops the first by virtue of being much taller. Big letdown at the end but Saros was far from the problem tonight.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Not sure an October game against the LA Kings is a "big moment"... whereas he has come in during the playoffs a fair bit the last few years and really been great. Which moments are bigger? :dunno:

But that said, he does seem to be establishing a bit of a reputation for starting slow in the regular season. Would like to see that fixed if he's eventually going to be our #1 guy.

Reactions: TitansVolsPreds615

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Saros was bad at the start of last year too. He'll come around but seems like he could work on his summer preparedness. Honestly i would have started him against vegas considering his history against them.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Jussee with the heartbreaker. Should’ve been an easy stop and cover.

I'm still mad. 60 seconds left and Saros's poor rebound control rears its ugly head :(

You guys are hilarious.

That was an intentional shot off the left pad to a cutting attacker. The idea that he's going to stop that puck dead with his pad and cover it before the attacker gets there is simply wrong. It would be absolute luck if it happened, and I don't care who is in net.

The fault on that goal was whoever had coverage on the goal scorer. Saros did his job. I think it was Joey that had the coverage, but I never got a chance to see the whole play to see if it was his man, or he was trying to make up for someone else's gaffe.

Saros did not give up a bad goal in that game, period.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
You guys are hilarious.

That was an intentional shot off the left pad to a cutting attacker. The idea that he's going to stop that puck dead with his pad and cover it before the attacker gets there is simply wrong. It would be absolute luck if it happened, and I don't care who is in net.

The fault on that goal was whoever had coverage on the goal scorer. Saros did his job. I think it was Joey that had the coverage, but I never got a chance to see the whole play to see if it was his man, or he was trying to make up for someone else's gaffe.

Saros did not give up a bad goal in that game, period.

You’re wrong on this.

Brown shoots the puck from the left point near the boards. It was a weak low shot from far out. Had it been a hard shot from the slot I’d agree with you but.....it wasn’t. Not even close. Saros tried to pick it with his glove and missed. Any pro goalie is expected to make that stop. Whether it’s with the glove or rebound control off their pad.

It was a heartbreaker. That said what’s done is done. On to the next one.

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
When they say the lines are adjusting to each other or we’re still moving our lines around, I think they’re talking more about D than O. O is easy for talented forwards. D is work and covering for each other. How much fun is that? But it’ll come together.
Now the 3rd pair is a different matter. No talent can’t be easily fixed but maybe can be called up or acquired. It’s early, of course, but the top 4 are gonna get tired after awhile.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad