Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
H: Predators (8-3-1) 2nd Central / 3rd West
A: Flames (6-6-2) 6th Pacific / 9th West

Starting Goalies:
NSH: Pekka Rinne (7-0-1) .937 (likely)
CGY: David Rittich (5-4-2) .910 (likely)

Predators Leaders
G: Nick Bonino - 6
A: Ryan Ellis - 11
P: Ryan Ellis, Roman Josi - 13
PIM: Roman Josi - 15

Flames Leaders
G: Elias Lindholm - 8
A: Johnny Gaudreau - 8
P: Johnny Gaudreau - 11
PIM: Milan Lucic - 26

Predators Lines
Calle Jarnkrok - Ryan Johansen - Viktor Arvidsson
Filip Forsberg - Matt Duchene - Mikael Granlund
Rocco Grimaldi - Nick Bonino - Craig Smith
Colton Sissons - Kyle Turris - Austin Watson

Roman Josi - Ryan Ellis
Mattias Ekholm - Dante Fabbro
Dan Hamhuis - Matt Irwin

Flames Lines
Johnny Gaudreau - Sean Monahan - Elias Lindholm
Matthew Tkachuk - Mikael Backlund - Michael Frolik
Andrew Mangiapane - Derek Ryan - Sam Bennett
Milan Lucic - Mark Jankowski - Alan Quine

Mark Giordano - T.J. Brodie
Noah Hanifin - Travis Hamonic
Oliver Kylington - Rasmus Andersson

Last edited:
Reactions: Scoresberg

Huge Legwand

Oct 28, 2019
Is Irwin confirmed? I wonder why him over Yannick again. +/- is close but I feel like 7 is more stable.

Huge Legwand

Oct 28, 2019
And since we seem to be feeling kind of good about Irwin today, I expect him to get worked over pretty good tonight by the Flames :P
I fear the lack of consistency. I hope the better with more ice-time idea holds true but he always seems to regress IMO.

Huge Legwand

Oct 28, 2019
We have a good depth problem but I hate having Sissons as a wing on that line. I think we are 1C Joey 2C Duchene(1/2 interchangeable) 3C Turris 4C Sissons and put Bonino on a wing somewhere.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
The Foundation has some very cool Halloween jerseys up for auction.

Not liking Turris being demoted again, he’s been playing better.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
It's not like any of our lines are a traditional 1, 2, 3 or 4. Watson has as many goals as Smith ... Bones is our leading goal scorer ... Ellis leads the team in points ... whichever group is capitalizing on opportunities gets the ice time.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
We have a good depth problem but I hate having Sissons as a wing on that line. I think we are 1C Joey 2C Duchene(1/2 interchangeable) 3C Turris 4C Sissons and put Bonino on a wing somewhere.

That fourth line is basically just a leftovers line since the other three lines are clicking so well. Not ideal for any of the three guys on that line probably, but it is what it is.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
So where would you put Forsberg?

Other option would be to drop Granlund down and go Forsberg-Turris-Duchene. I think either option is fine and this way gives you the chance to try and kickstart Granlund. Plus, I think Turris was doing well with the mismatches he was getting playing on the fourth line before so even though it kind of sucks for him it may be good overall.

Aussie Pred Fan

Oct 29, 2019
Well well well. Here I sit on an offshore natural gas rig (about a 45 minute helicopter ride from Karatha, Australia) working night shift (It is 12:50 a.m. Friday morning here) Game comes on at 8 a.m. here and I will be watching on my laptop with a co-worker from Calgary. It's pretty funny because if it ain't cricket or rugby they watch with intrigue over here. I will be flying back to the states and will be attending the Preds/Devils game in December. Some of you may remember me - I am the one that had/sold the license plates that read "Death Before I'm a Red Wing Fan". I was JCrow back then - couldn't recover my account for some reason so I had to start a new one. Anyways, I've been down under for about 3 years and will be nice to get home for the holidays. GO PREDS!

Huge Legwand

Oct 28, 2019
Other option would be to drop Granlund down and go Forsberg-Turris-Duchene. I think either option is fine and this way gives you the chance to try and kickstart Granlund. Plus, I think Turris was doing well with the mismatches he was getting playing on the fourth line before so even though it kind of sucks for him it may be good overall.
I think I would roll with something like this:

33-92-19
9-95-64
15-8-13
51-10-23

Maybe swap Granlund and Smith based off of production.

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
Granlund started strong in the beginning of the year with Forseberg and Duchene on his line. When FF9 went out he got moved to the opposite wing position to make a better spot for others, but because he didn't have the normal good linemates and he was playing a position he doesn't normally play he did not produce. I think we give the line 3-4 games to see if it comes back around now that they are back together and at full strength. Then, if it's still not producing for Granlund, we move him around.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I think I would roll with something like this:

33-92-19
9-95-64
15-8-13
51-10-23

Maybe swap Granlund and Smith based off of production.

I just don't think we should break up Grimaldi-Bonino-Smith after their performance last game. Give them another look and see if it was a one off performance or if there is real chemistry there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad