Post-Game Talk: Loss. - Predators vs Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
While we needed a coaching change as well, Poile needs to make some roster moves. We have a team that looks good on paper but not so good in reality.

Think Turris needs to be moved, not because of anything personal but I feel like he is a man without a place and that cap room could be better used for a decent winger.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
While we needed a coaching change as well, Poile needs to make some roster moves. We have a team that looks good on paper but not so good in reality.

Think Turris needs to be moved, not because of anything personal but I feel like he is a man without a place and that cap room could be better used for a decent winger.

Far from the only problem tonight but icing 3 AHL quality defenseman and a 4th that is bottom pair at best isn't helping either.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Far from the only problem tonight but icing 3 AHL quality defenseman and a 4th that is bottom pair at best isn't helping either.

I think this is being just a little overlooked by some- i don’t care who the coach is or what changes we make- without Ellis and Fabbro we have very little chance Of beating anyone. The 3-6 d men we are throwing out there probably the worst in the entire league

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA

Trade Johansen for a better return. Let one of Granlund/Smith walk and sign Hall.

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
I mean Hynes only had a few hours to put something different out there. I will admit I thought we were better offensively just unable to get a bounce. Our defense however was pretty terrible this game. Constantly giving up rushes and leaving people wide open. We look confused way too often. Might just be time to blow this team up and go for some lottery picks again.

korrowan

Sponsor
Feb 8, 2011
I think this is being just a little overlooked by some- i don’t care who the coach is or what changes we make- without Ellis and Fabbro we have very little chance Of beating anyone. The 3-6 d men we are throwing out there probably the worst in the entire league

Not even close. The wings d is far worse

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
They have a 5-on-3 and they're cycling the puck around the perimeter and taking shots from the tops of the circles. Why are they not taking the puck to the net?
There are CHL powerplays that are much better than the Predator's PP. All that money and name players, and they just rim the puck back and forth with all the hockey IQ of a metronome.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
My continued larger concern is the will power of everyone not named Smith, Bonino, Grimaldi or Josi.

Everyone else I think needs to be reevaluated as a core part to this team.

Marchand, Pasta and Berg. That is what elite talent looks like and either our guys don't have that talent, or they just aren't rising to the occasion. I don't know which is worse.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Do his comments after his benching make anyone else scratch their head a little? The coaches said nothing to him about it? He came back and played "*exactly* the same way"?

I wonder if he asked the coaches why he was benched, and if not why not. And why, if he didn't change whatever got him benched, he didn't get benched again. The Turris situation, with the benching and his lack of production, is a mystery.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Do his comments after his benching make anyone else scratch their head a little? The coaches said nothing to him about it? He came back and played "*exactly* the same way"?

I wonder if he asked the coaches why he was benched, and if not why not. And why, if he didn't change whatever got him benched, he didn't get benched again. The Turris situation, with the benching and his lack of production, is a mystery.
laviolette had the chance to answer any of those questions at any point with the media. he chose not to. that debacle is on laviolette and poile.

turris doesn't fit here with bonino playing the way he is. we are married to Duchene and johansen as the 1 and 2 center. i wouldn't care if he traded any of them other than bonino. im sick of name and this supposed "skill" we hear about winning out.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
My continued larger concern is the will power of everyone not named Smith, Bonino, Grimaldi or Josi.

Everyone else I think needs to be reevaluated as a core part to this team.

Marchand, Pasta and Berg. That is what elite talent looks like and either our guys don't have that talent, or they just aren't rising to the occasion. I don't know which is worse.
You nailed it.

our elite talent isn't elite. it's good. nothing about it is great. I'm tired of hearing about this team's talent. one man has shown me elite talent this year and that's josi. and he reminds me of karlsson defensively every other game.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
laviolette had the chance to answer any of those questions at any point with the media. he chose not to. that debacle is on laviolette and poile.
Coaches don't call out individual players in press conferences. Certainly not if they like their jobs.

The point I am making was the lack of contrition/participation/ownership hinted at with those comments. Now it could be that Turris just has no place on this team and his scratching for Daniel Carr was because Carr is a more talented player. On the other hand, if it was a benching to send a message, Turris made it clear the message wasn't sent, wasn't received, and nothing was going to change from him regardless.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
The fact Carr wasn't playing well also made it a head scratcher. Part of me thinks Lavi just didn't like Turris and eventually had to be forced into playing him because he was better than what he was playing. I fully expect Poile to move Turris in the offseason.

Reactions: Kat Predator

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
You nailed it.

our elite talent isn't elite. it's good. nothing about it is great. I'm tired of hearing about this team's talent. one man has shown me elite talent this year and that's josi. and he reminds me of karlsson defensively every other game.
Heh. Josi has a ways to go to reach Karlsson levels, though. To do that, he'll need to start taking shifts off, leisurely reacting to breakaways and turnovers, standing in the low slot and eating a corn dog watching the play ...

Ginger Papa

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Trenin is a crazy person and I love it. Huge balls of steel on this one.
images

I had to search for an appropriate pic/GIF to fit your comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->