Post-Game Talk: Loss. - Predators @ Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Tonight was very disappointing. We are better off selling at the deadline. this team's top forwards are a friggin joke

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I think we would be better off moving some guys and doing a retool for next year. Between Forsberg's hot dogging and Joey not giving a crap I'm about ready to ship them all out.

I had hoped it was the coach, and I think defensively it was, but we seem to have a whole lot of mediocre going on.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
From one Canadian welfare them to another... how many first picks has this org just sunk into oblivion? And all the prop up media ink spilled at the alter of McDavid when hockey is THE team sport among the pro leagues is just pathetic propaganda. **** these guys.

you should read what the eastern media reports on the leafs and matthews--that is far more enjoyable

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I have a strange feeling Arvy is playing through something. Frankly once we get Sissons or Watson back if he is they need to set him down. Blackwell and Trenin are playing well enough.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
A game like this might be a good test of the new coach's approach to instilling some level of accountability in the team aristocracy. We saw that there was no way Lavy was going to punish any of the so-called star players for weak efforts. I would like it if Hynes brought something new in that area. Certain players getting 4th line minutes and no PP time would be a start.

Reactions: Bent Radar

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
We had a few breakdowns defensively, but largely kept the dynamic duo of the Oilers in check.

One problem was faceoffs on the right side in our zone. Draisaitl won those cleanly about half a dozen times, feeding Nugent-Hopkins for bombs. One went in and one was the difference.

Second problem was the Oilers figured out our breakout and shut it down with a good neutral zone trap. After the 1st period, we really struggled to gain the O-zone for long stretches. This was alarming, as the Oilers aren't exactly known as a defensive juggernaut of a team. The Preds seemed to have no counter move to it. I'd expect to see a heavy dose of this until we come up with an answer, and the offensive production to wither away as a result. Hopefully, Hynes does have an answer...

Reactions: Byrddog

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
We had a few breakdowns defensively, but largely kept the dynamic duo of the Oilers in check.

One problem was faceoffs on the right side in our zone. Draisaitl won those cleanly about half a dozen times, feeding Nugent-Hopkins for bombs. One went in and one was the difference.

Second problem was the Oilers figured out our breakout and shut it down with a good neutral zone trap. After the 1st period, we really struggled to gain the O-zone for long stretches. This was alarming, as the Oilers aren't exactly known as a defensive juggernaut of a team. The Preds seemed to have no counter move to it. I'd expect to see a heavy dose of this until we come up with an answer, and the offensive production to wither away as a result. Hopefully, Hynes does have an answer...
Great points. The Oil have difficulty defending and keeping the puck out of their own net but little issue with scoring goals. The have done there homework seeing how to keep the Preds stood up at the line and attacking the netural zone. We can fully expect this to continue from other teams in the league.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
We weren't going to win every game under Hynes, this one stinks but we just won 2 of 3 on the road, that's a good trip. Now we've got a 3 game home stand (with a break), win 2 of 3 there and it's a good stand.

But, it's going to be interesting to see how Hynes corrects the sloppy play of tonight, the players got away from the structure that they had been playing with, hopefully there's some accountability there. Maybe they had brain freeze last night or something. Get home, get focused, get another win.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
We weren't going to win every game under Hynes, this one stinks but we just won 2 of 3 on the road, that's a good trip. Now we've got a 3 game home stand (with a break), win 2 of 3 there and it's a good stand.

But, it's going to be interesting to see how Hynes corrects the sloppy play of tonight, the players got away from the structure that they had been playing with, hopefully there's some accountability there. Maybe they had brain freeze last night or something. Get home, get focused, get another win.

Yeah it sucks to go back to looking how we have all season, but it's still just one game. Like you said if we can keep winning 2 out of every 3 games we will be fine. It's going to take some time to break bad habits that these guys have developed and Hynes has only been the coach for a week and had what three practices with them? Maybe Hynes isn't the guy and maybe the players just don't have what it takes to be contenders anymore, but it's still a bit early to tell in my opinion. We've got 16 games until the trade deadline and that's when some real decisions will need to be made.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
you should read what the eastern media reports on the leafs and matthews--that is far more enjoyable
Matthews stuff is fine. He's a good Arizona boy and all the fans in the most important market to the future of the NHL (USA) want to see him succeed. None of us in the lower 48 give two shits about the Maple Leafs or TOR clinging to relevancy. NHL HQ is NYC. The past belongs to TOR and Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->