Post-Game Talk: Loss. - Predators @ Ducks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
It's the "Original Farce" to me. Don't forget how they ensured the NHL would forever be a niche league by refusing to even entertain the idea of expansion for decades. That era held back the league while other leagues were establishing a national footprint.

Reactions: bdub24

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
You may not know this, because NBC doesn't talk about it very much, but Detroit is one of this thing called THE ORIGINAL SIX. That's right, at one point this league was just six teams handing the cup to each other in some weird variation of musical chairs. And to this day these teams like to brag about their cup counts. I'd kill to have 5:1 odds at a cup.
I do know that.

Can you imagine how fast you'd be fired if you produced NFL games and proposed only televising Bears, Cardinals, and Packers games every weekend? "But they're the original 3, boss!"

PS: It's not quite the full story as they put the Penguins and Kings on a ton as well. They seem to just roll with a certain formula of Cup winners and original sixers. It just feels strange when there are matchups with more relevant teams at the same time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad