Post-Game Talk: Loss. - Game 4 - Nashville Predators (C1) at Dallas Stars (WC1) - Series Tied 2-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN

You’re making a broad generalization that advanced stats are worthless in a blowout. That’s true when looking at the entire game as one huge sample but not necessarily true if you focus in on the 1st period alone.

Predigree

Dec 4, 2015
Ebensee, Austria
I think the preds Job for the rest of the game is, give Saros a good Feeling, Show him, we are here. you not alone.. I think this is important for a Young future trarting Goalie.

Oh man. i drfink too much. You guys know what i mean.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I'll pass on the advanced stats tonight. My eyes already burn from watching this game, I don't need to fully blind myself tonight.

That’s the crazy thing. I stopped watching the shit show after the 1st and decided to look at the stats instead.

/nerd

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
You’re making a broad generalization that advanced stats are worthless in a blowout. That’s true when looking at the entire game as one huge sample but not necessarily true if you focus in on the 1st period alone.

Still not sure what your point is. They aren't always meaningless but sometimes they are. I was commenting on posts about charts showing the Preds with more expected goals/scoring chances, etc. The only reason that is the case is because of the game situation.

In this game tonight- all of that data is completely meaningless.

That is all I was trying to say

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
Granlund kinda looked decent with Johansen and Arvidsson in the 3rd. Forsberg with Jarnkrok and Grimaldi was also interesting. I wonder if we'll see those lines next game. Of course it's easy to look good when the other team has a 4-5 goal lead and they're not even trying, but yeah...

The offense has been completely invisible so far, they need to switch it up.

Reactions: bdub24

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Can't wait for the post-game nuggets from this one.

Thought we started well.

Got in some penalty trouble.

Game got away from us.

Gotta start better. Need to up our compete level. <yawn>

That is what is crazy- for the first few minutes we really did look good- then Ekholm struck and that was the end. Wonder what would have happened if we had stayed out of the box.

Reactions: bdub24

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
For the 1st time in years I turned off a playoff hockey game after the 1st period. Usually as we all know even a 4 goal lead can easily become a 1 goal lead in a matter of 5 minutes but with the way the preds are playing I knew without a shadow of a doubt that there was no way they were gonna come back. They can't even do the little things like pass it tape to tape with a guy 10 feet from each other. No disciple what so ever. Yea some of the calls were tic tac calls but you should know that by now. And don't get me started with the power play. Its completely laughable. Dump clear dump clear dump pass pass shoot from the point block or wide of the net clear. No disrespect to lavy because he's accomplished a lot since being here but if you can't get your team up and ready to play good hockey in a game 4 game that you take a stronghold of a series then maybe your the problem.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
I didn't turn it off, but let's say my iPad commanded more of my attention than it does during games during the regular season.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
For the 1st time in years I turned off a playoff hockey game after the 1st period. Usually as we all know even a 4 goal lead can easily become a 1 goal lead in a matter of 5 minutes but with the way the preds are playing I knew without a shadow of a doubt that there was no way they were gonna come back. They can't even do the little things like pass it tape to tape with a guy 10 feet from each other. No disciple what so ever. Yea some of the calls were tic tac calls but you should know that by now. And don't get me started with the power play. Its completely laughable. Dump clear dump clear dump pass pass shoot from the point block or wide of the net clear. No disrespect to lavy because he's accomplished a lot since being here but if you can't get your team up and ready to play good hockey in a game 4 game that you take a stronghold of a series then maybe your the problem.
I lasted until half way through the 2nd. You could tell they weren't even going to "send a message for next game" or anything. No compete at all.

In addition to the dump clear dump clear repeat pattern I'll also mention how often it seems they go offside - or nearly go offside and somebody has to stretch themselves or perform some other contortion to narrowly avoid the offside which then wrecks the play just as much. They are just massively out of synch right now.

And getting outhit by such a huge margin too. Dallas isn't an especially huge or intimidating team. A bit bigger than us maybe, but no excuse for them to have such a big edge on that side of things either.

I don't think it's just doom and gloom after last night's game - from the whole 4 game sample I would say it's clear that no switch was flipped. The team is not ready for these playoffs. And really that's something that extends back to the same time last year, they just haven't been ready to play this calibre of hockey for over a year now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->