Post-Game Talk: Loss. Detroit Red Wings at Nashville Predators

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
According to NaturalStatTrick at 5v5 Detroit had 6 scoring chances and zero high danger chances. Yet they got 4 5v5 goals.

In comparison we had 18 scoring chances and 5 high-danger ones.

Reactions: predfan24

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
According to NaturalStatTrick at 5v5 Detroit had 6 scoring chances and zero high danger chances. Yet they got 4 5v5 goals.

In comparison we had 18 scoring chances and 5 high-danger ones.

Super odd game. Play that exact game again 100 times and Preds win 95% of the time.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
I'm not completely sold on our bottom six right now. Grimaldi is an energetic player who put up five goals last regular season ... but was effective in the playoffs. The 4th line has guys who can play wing and center an all have demonstrated better goal scoring potential. Watson was on a 15 goal pace for a full season last season and has a 14 goal season under his belt ... Sissons with 15 goals last season ... Bonino with 17. With Turris generating chances so far this season, I'm not sure Grimaldi is the right guy on his wing. If Turris is shooting and generating rebounds, we need somebody on the ice with him to capitalize and Grimaldi was literally hanging around while Ekholm stepped up.

I don't expect Hamhuis to play every game of this four game homestand. Weber needs to understand the risk/reward of his decisions. We'll see if Matt, least costly SCF game worn jersey, Irwin plays or if Lavi/Poile look to Milwaukee.

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
May be time to go to bed and put down the bottle for tonight
This is why I smoke the pots. I don’t wind up with diarrhea of the mouth. If anything, I think about what I’m gonna say more. Lol.

Blow up the franchise with a hypothetical bomb, right? We lost a game. Oh no. It’s only downhill from here.

I’ve been a member for probably less time than that, what does that make me? Yikes, bro.

Side note; a rooster keeps screaming at the top of its lungs in my neighborhood. Alas, I live in the suburbs.. huh? Lmao

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Not the best start to the year if we were to continue our dumpster fire effort ways & continue the rebuilding process, but there's still plenty of time left to accomplish all that, thankfully.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
At least 4 weeks from tomorrow either we've tied the series for the year or we won't face them again till 2020 - 2021. Not exactly a win - win but at least it will be over.

AnalogKid

Oct 3, 2017
First game of the year last night, not the result I was hoping for.

What the hell is up with the pedal tavern? That thing is awful. Bring back the silly, stupid games where fans one into the ice and try not to crash and burn in front of 17,000 of your closest friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->