NBA Los Angeles Lakers thread

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Not sure what happened to Schroeder. It's like he forgot how to play. Kuzma too.
schroeder was a big disappointment this season. didn't step up when he needed to and was trash in the playoffs

kuzma just sucks. he was great his first two seasons and has done nothing but regress since

Sep 19, 2008
we heard good things about harrell too but at the end he just rode the bench and barely got time

again I'll say pundits said this team was better than last year's team at the beginning of the year. They added 6th man of the year Harrell and other pieces like Schroder. But those pieces backfired later on in the season.

I don't think the Lakers should blow it up, and to be frank and honest, getting Lillard is a pipe dream. Pelinka said he intends to build around LeBron and AD again for another run. The core is good, they need a better supporting cast.

Los Angeles Lakers' Rob Pelinka says offseason goal is to keep core together

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
we heard good things about harrell too but at the end he just rode the bench and barely got time

again I'll say pundits said this team was better than last year's team at the beginning of the year. They added 6th man of the year Harrell and other pieces like Schroder. But those pieces backfired later on in the season.

I don't think the Lakers should blow it up, and to be frank and honest, getting Lillard is a pipe dream. Pelinka said he intends to build around LeBron and AD again for another run. The core is good, they need a better supporting cast.

Los Angeles Lakers' Rob Pelinka says offseason goal is to keep core together
Trez is a defensive liability like I said when the Lakers signed him.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Trez is a defensive liability like I said when the Lakers signed him.
yeah that became clear pretty fast. still should've been getting minutes over drummond's slow ass though

hope he comes back because his spark off the bench is valuable, but i'm going to guess he walks

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
yeah that became clear pretty fast. still should've been getting minutes over drummond's slow ass though

hope he comes back because his spark off the bench is valuable, but i'm going to guess he walks
Yeah that’s the thing despite being a defensive liability he is so valuable to have on the roster. He needs to be put with a big 3 and D guy. Someone like Batum with Trezz would have been really good. I’m just using Batum because he’s the first name that popped in my head but I’m sure there’s a ton of others.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
That's great. Does not negate the fact that Basketball is only a small portion of his portfolio. At this point in his career making the amount of money he will off that movie is where his mindset is at. Oh, and equalling Jordan or surpassing him.

Any Lakers fan can see in game 5 and 6 his effort was not there even for a player his age. In game 6 he gave up with 3 minutes left. He played the same way in game 5.

Space Jam 2 is big for him. This season was only played because of the television contract. Lakers revenue's are way down for ticket sales(zero) and merchandise. Advertising dollars for them are probably down too since there are no fans and companies are probably hesitant. No revenue from concessions either. As a whole the only thing left is winning a Championship. On paper it's great but it's not going to fix anything financially. He knows this and so does the team. Having such a short off season is another reason why shutting it down early was smart. Now, I'm not saying that behind the doors him and management made a plan to tank the season but this way he gets to go on a publicity tour for his movie that comes out in little over 1 month. He gets to fly to China and promote it in person. Had this season played out like ever other he would have been almost done in the Finals and would have had his time to promote. Covid put a wrench in that and this is the only way he can do it.

Davis still has a long career a head of him and him and Lebron are close friends. Davis has his money and a ring. No benefit for him to keep playing. Next season you are going to see the Lakers destroy everyone and blame this season on everything they can.

This is not about the love of the Lakers or basketball, Its about business.

Deep down LeBron knows he can't surpass or even catch Jordan but I think he happy being a copycat at this point. Notice he doesn't make an original film but a sequel to something Jordan did

I'm sure he wants to be some movie or music star when his career is over but I dunno about that, I guess if he produces the movies he can give himself a part but just no natural charisma there

Reactions: Hawkman

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
My most efficient team ever is the 83-85 Lakers.
'87 team was the best lakers team that decade

'00 team is the most dominant regular season lakers team since '87, but can't forget the '01 team that only lost a single playoff game

Say Hey Kid

Bathory
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
'87 team was the best lakers team that decade '00 team is the most dominant regular season lakers team since '87, but can't forget the '01 team that only lost a single playoff game
I said most offensively efficient, son. 83-85 Lakers had the 2 highest FG% in NBA history.

Last edited:

Say Hey Kid

Bathory
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Deep down LeBron knows he can't surpass or even catch Jordan ...
Agreed. LeBron has to say he's chasing Jordan, but it's just media hype for the born after 1989 fans to believe. Believing that is like letting Steven A tell you what to think.

Say Hey Kid

Bathory
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Non-Warrior fans don't enjoy watching them play. Curry is a taunter and Green is dirty. Their fans need to get a life, get out of this thread, and start their own.

Reactions: John Price

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad