NBA Los Angeles Lakers thread

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
He is. Averages 14 RPG career. Non-Laker fans can kiss our butts!
Will be interesting to see him with a competitive team. He’s definitely a great rebounder but it’s fair to question whether those stats are empty given their lack of impact on winning. Also seems to have a knack for making boneheaded plays and turning the ball over at inopportune times. 3+ turnovers per game for a centre is pretty rough.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
After letting Howard and McGee go they needed someone like Drummond. His deal is for like 700k or something leaving enough room for another signing. Certainly an upgrade at center. Should produce decent numbers while Lebron and AD are out but otherwise an excellent third or fourth option when those guys return.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
He also averages 46.7% from the stripe.
his FT shooting has improved quite a bit in recent years. used to be historically bad but he's a little under 60% for this season. i'm sure that'll go down once he joins the lakers though

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
his FT shooting has improved quite a bit in recent years. used to be historically bad but he's a little under 60% for this season. i'm sure that'll go down once he joins the lakers though

It has, I was just demonstrating how useless it is to focus on career stats. He is a good rebounder, but he is not a guy you want on the floor in pressure situations.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
It has, I was just demonstrating how useless it is to focus on career stats. He is a good rebounder, but he is not a guy you want on the floor in pressure situations.
when bron and AD are back and healthy, they won't even really need to rely on drummond's offense. they just need him to rebound and disrupt shots, both of which he's very good at. high pressure situation or not

Reactions: Hawkman
Sep 19, 2008
Lakers suck ass with most of their players worn down or hurt

So f***ing stupid that the NBA shortened the offseason so much for GREED.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Lakers suck ass with most of their players worn down or hurt

So f***ing stupid that the NBA shortened the offseason so much for GREED.
Or they are coasting so hard until the playoffs because they don't really need to try to make the finals. Regardless of how hard it looks like it was to get there, they will get there.

If you ever played on a great team you know how much effort it takes to win.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Or they are coasting so hard until the playoffs because they don't really need to try to make the finals. Regardless of how hard it looks like it was to get there, they will get there.

yeah....no

bron and AD are not at 100% health, and they don't have any chance at making the finals without those two at full health

Say Hey Kid

NY was his town & it always would be
Dec 10, 2007
We will see.
Agreed. Unless they, the Nets, or a dark horse win, it will be sad. All the other favorites are such chokers, they've never been to a CF with their superstar. If it's not one of the scenarios I mentioned, I probably won't watch the F.

Sep 19, 2008

lmao no

they done

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018

Life comes at you fast

LeBron has really turned me off the last 10-12 months.

It is actually the 3rd time he has turned me off. Each other time, I started respecting and/or liking him again, but then he would do or say something else that was stupid. I don't see me coming around for a 3rd time though.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Agreed. Unless they, the Nets, or a dark horse win, it will be sad. All the other favorites are such chokers (except the new Nets team), they've never been to a CF with their superstar. If it's not one of the scenarios I mentioned, I probably won't watch the F unless it's to see Harden get his first ring.
I gained a new level of respect for Giannis for staying with the Bucks.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
LeBron has really turned me off the last 10-12 months.

It is actually the 3rd time he has turned me off. Each other time, I started respecting and/or liking him again, but then he would do or say something else that was stupid. I don't see me coming around for a 3rd time though.
Lebron James is a moran.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
it doesn't look good when lebron and luka talk bad about the play-in game once it becomes clear that's where they're headed. but it doesn't change the fact that the play-in game is dumb

this lakers team will go down much like 03-04. start out hot (which everyone will forget,) and then get ravaged by injuries. except this team isn't getting near the finals. AD hasn't looked right all season and bron is 36 years old with 18 seasons under his belt coming off a serious ankle injury. this just isn't their year. even if they get into the playoffs, their two stars will be playing at less than 100%

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
I gained a new level of respect for Giannis for staying with the Bucks.
If they stay people say they don't want to win a ring. If they go they're called ring chasers. My only criticism of LeBron is that the Heat choked to 2 inferior TX teams in the Finals.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
If they stay people say they don't want to win a ring. If they go they're called ring chasers. My only criticism of LeBron is that the Heat choked to 2 inferior TX teams in the Finals.
2014 spurs won 62 games

they were a better team than the heat were

Reactions: Jack Straw

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
2014 spurs won 62 games
they were a better team than the heat were
Duncan was 38, Manu was 36, and Kawhi was only 22. He didn't even make the 14 or 15 AS games. The Heat had LeBron, Wade, and Bosh in their prime. They were much more talented.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->