NBA Los Angeles Lakers thread

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
that KCP signing is an L in my opinion.

he isn’t that good.
he was great from 3 pt range in the playoffs and they really couldn't afford to lose his defense after bradley departed

losing him would not have been good

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Pretty happy with how the offseason has gone, even though losing Rondo and Howard hurts.

KCP/Schroder/Caruso
Matthews/XXX/THT
Lebron/Morris/Dudley
AD/Kuzma/Kostas
Gasol/Harrell/Bell?

Still would like to add another guard and while I don't think we keep Jordan Bell, I wouldn't mind doing so if we can make the money work. If McKinnie stays, also slot him in accordingly. Dudley is currently unsigned but I still get the sense he comes back.

Sep 19, 2008
Lakers had a low key offseason last year making short deals for Rondo, Bradley, etc

Managed to win a title which was great and now that they are a destination for FA again they can pick up some pretty good guys like Hazell and so on

Very excited to see what goes on with the Lakers when they have an even better roster.

Sep 19, 2008
Pretty happy with how the offseason has gone, even though losing Rondo and Howard hurts.

KCP/Schroder/Caruso
Matthews/XXX/THT
Lebron/Morris/Dudley
AD/Kuzma/Kostas
Gasol/Harrell/Bell?

Still would like to add another guard and while I don't think we keep Jordan Bell, I wouldn't mind doing so if we can make the money work. If McKinnie stays, also slot him in accordingly. Dudley is currently unsigned but I still get the sense he comes back.
Danny Green is gone too. All Laker fam love that.

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
Great off-season. It does hurt to lose Rondo, but I feel some people might be expecting too much from him. He mails it in through most of the regular season and keeps breaking his hands like they're made of candy cane. He'll be a great mentor for Trae though.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
losing howard is the biggest loss in my opinion. rondo doesn't really show up until the playoffs anyways, and i'm not sure how much longer he can keep "playoff rondo" going at his age

but howard's defense will be missed for sure. i like the gasol signing, but i would've much rather had dwight in there with harrell. aside from that, every other move has been an upgrade. i'd like for them to add one more big man and then call it a day

Sep 19, 2008
I have the game on DVR this morning, in the 4th quarter. Lakers down 2 :(

They look bad without AD :cry:

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
I have the game on DVR this morning, in the 4th quarter. Lakers down 2 :(

They look bad without AD :cry:
Yes, they haven't been playing well since he went down with injury.

But they need to resist the urge to rush him back into the lineup.

He should be shut-down for double the length of time as originally reported, as a precaution. Even if it means they only get the 7th or 8th seed for the playoffs.

They don't want to rush him back and have it turn into a Kevin Durant situation, where he completely ruptures his Achilles and is out for 12 months.

Finishing with the 7th or 8th seed would mean facing an elite team in the 1st round. But they would need to be those elite teams at some point anyways if they have any plans of going far. 1st round or 3rd round makes no difference.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Team is in a serious funk, I know AD is out but we should NOT be losing to several of these teams...
the heat and wizards games are the only ones they should've won since AD's been out. no way they were going to beat teams like the nets, jazz, and suns without AD. and i wasn't even expecting tonight's game to be so close without both

Sep 19, 2008
f*** the league for starting so soon after the playoffs ended. The Lakers got like 1 month to enjoy their title before having to go back to work. Then Davis and LeBron go out with injuries.

This season's over boys

Not following NBA the rest of the season (and postseason) if my LAKE SHOW are not in :cry:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad