NBA Los Angeles Lakers thread

Sep 19, 2008
This board told me the Lakers weren't a good team. What do you mean we made the WCF?
People are just very upset and mad.

They want to make excuses for everything. I was told the Lakers weren't that good a few days ago and didn't have any depth other than AD and LEbron. Like did yall see Caruso or Kuzma? Danny Green?

They laugh at the Lakers when they stink, and when they finally return, they say the Lakers are flawed. The Lakers may not be 3 point savants like GSW but they grind the game down with 2 of the best superstars in the NBA

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Rob Pelinka is living proof that good things happen to bad GM’s.

must be nice to have A.D. confidently fall into his lap

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
Rob Pelinka is living proof that good things happen to bad GM’s.

must be nice to have A.D. confidently fall into his lap

I have no particular opinion on Pelinka, but how does trading 3 good young players, and 3 draft picks (including a #4 overall) constitute "falling into his lap?"

This isn't like Orlando winning the draft lottery the year after they won the lottery for Shaq. That's "falling into your lap." Getting AD required actually having to pony up something significant, which means there's some risk involved. Who's to say it wouldn't have gone the same way the Paul George deal went for LAC with a meek playoff performance and a 2nd round flameout?

Sep 19, 2008
People forget that Magic and Pelinka and the Busses ran the Lakers into the GROUND 2013-2019

They missed the playoffs 6 straight years which was a RECORD for LA

They basically disappeared off the face of the earth

So I don't want to hear excuses now that they're good again because we Lakers fans had to put up with a lot of shit beforehand with D'Antoni and then byron Scott and Luke Walton (who still can't coach in Sacramento). I hear a lot of complaining about how good the Lakers are now, who cares? They were TERRIBLE for 6 years. The universe has righted itself.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I have no particular opinion on Pelinka, but how does trading 3 good young players, and 3 draft picks (including a #4 overall) constitute "falling into his lap?"

This isn't like Orlando winning the draft lottery the year after they won the lottery for Shaq. That's "falling into your lap." Getting AD required actually having to pony up something significant, which means there's some risk involved. Who's to say it wouldn't have gone the same way the Paul George deal went for LAC with a meek playoff performance and a 2nd round flameout?
They only had to do that to get him a year early. AD wanted to go to LA and nowhere else. Hence lap dance.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
People forget that Magic and Pelinka and the Busses ran the Lakers into the GROUND 2013-2019

They missed the playoffs 6 straight years which was a RECORD for LA

They basically disappeared off the face of the earth

So I don't want to hear excuses now that they're good again because we Lakers fans had to put up with a lot of shit beforehand with D'Antoni and then byron Scott and Luke Walton (who still can't coach in Sacramento). I hear a lot of complaining about how good the Lakers are now, who cares? They were TERRIBLE for 6 years. The universe has righted itself.

Storied franchises are never truly out of it (unless you're the Knicks lol). The privilege of the Lakers is really only unique to that team. A team like Charlotte will never have the "universe right itself". 6 years of suffering really is nothing.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013

Well the points to consider were that : in AD they were getting one of the top 5 players in the league and AD only wanted to play with the Lakers. Easy to give up on the young guys and draft pick when maybe one might end up a top 25 player......... and would be 2 years too late for Lebron.

Reactions: John Price
Sep 19, 2008
As a Laker fan I'm surprised you missed the guy that did the most damage to the franchise - Mitch Kupchak.

While he presided as GM until 2017 he also helped build the Laker teams of the late 2000's (one of which even beat the Celtics)

Sep 19, 2008
This is our year :yo:
Too many people are leaping to criticize them especially if Denver gets back into this series

They need to finish this series as quickly as possible and take care of business

AD is the best player in the world RN which is great but they still need to take care of business. 6 more for the #LakeShow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->