NBA Los Angeles Lakers thread

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
One thing that stood out was Danny Green's line today. 0 pts 0 assists in 25 mins.

Sorta shocking considering how good he was last regular season for the Raptors.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
It's so hilarious that when any Laker fan or any other poster comes in here and posts anything positive about the team, a bunch of random posters come in just to downplay whatever's being said. Do the Lakers really take up that much of your headspace? :laugh:

Reactions: Roman Fell

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
One thing that stood out was Danny Green's line today. 0 pts 0 assists in 25 mins.

He was very inconsistent last year. Good games followed by bad games.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Like imagine coming into a thread to post something so f***ing obvious.

AD has won one playoff round in his career without LeBron..

Why are you whining so much? It seems that if people don't agree with you that LeBron Is Mr. Incredible you get all hissy. Lebron is still a great player but he's not the guy he was even 3 years ago. AD is the guy who is opening up the floor for LeBron to do his thing.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Why are you whining so much? It seems that if people don't agree with you that LeBron Is Mr. Incredible you get all hissy. Lebron is still a great player but he's not the guy he was even 3 years ago. AD is the guy who is opening up the floor for LeBron to do his thing.
He’s 35 and 2nd in the MVP race, he seems to be doing just fine.

People love to hate on greatness. You’re the one who came into a thread after a big win, to discredit LeBron’s value.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
He’s 35 and 2nd in the MVP race, he seems to be doing just fine.

People love to hate on greatness. You’re the one who came into a thread after a big win, to discredit LeBron’s value.
Did I say he wasn't doing fine??? Did i say the Lakers were crap??? I saw the game and was impressed how AD caused so many problems for the Clippers. Like it or not he is the key for the Lakers this year.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Did I say he wasn't doing fine??? Did i say the Lakers were crap??? I saw the game and was impressed how AD caused so many problems for the Clippers. Like it or not he is the key for the Lakers this year.
You said the Lakers were Davis’ team, which is CLEARLY wrong to anyone who actually watches them play.

Sep 19, 2008
It's so hilarious that when any Laker fan or any other poster comes in here and posts anything positive about the team, a bunch of random posters come in just to downplay whatever's being said. Do the Lakers really take up that much of your headspace? :laugh:
Rent free

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
They're whining? It seems to me that you came in here, added nothing to the discussion and started crying about Lebron.

The lengths people go to discredit this guy is legit comical at this point.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
They're whining? It seems to me that you came in here, added nothing to the discussion and started crying about Lebron.

The lengths people go to discredit this guy is legit comical at this point.
Crying about LeBron? No extolling the abilities of AD is more like it. And you are adding sweet F all to the discussion.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

as usual, guy who shoots 3s well comes to the lakers and immediately starts bricking 3s. it never fails whenever they acquire a "shooter"

Reactions: Cassano

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Being a " small business " I sure hope the Lakers can survive until everything gets back to normal. :amazed:

from time.com:

The Los Angeles Lakers have repaid a loan of roughly $4.6 million from coronavirus business relief funds after learning the program had been depleted.

The Lakers applied for the loan under the Small Business Administration’s Paycheck Protection Program, a part of the federal government’s $2.2 trillion stimulus package. The Lakers’ request was granted in the first round of distribution, but after the fund ran out of money in less than two weeks, the team returned its loan, as did several wealthier business including Shake Shack and AutoNation.

The Lakers issued a statement Monday confirming what happened.

“The Lakers qualified for and received a loan under the Payroll Protection Program,” the statement read. “However, once we found out the funds from the program had been depleted, we repaid the loan so that financial support would be directed to those most in need. The Lakers remain completely committed to supporting both our employees and our community.”

Full story: Los Angeles Lakers Return $4.6 Million It Received From Federal Small Business Stimulus Program

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Being a " small business " I sure hope the Lakers can survive until everything gets back to normal. :amazed:

from time.com:

The Los Angeles Lakers have repaid a loan of roughly $4.6 million from coronavirus business relief funds after learning the program had been depleted.

The Lakers applied for the loan under the Small Business Administration’s Paycheck Protection Program, a part of the federal government’s $2.2 trillion stimulus package. The Lakers’ request was granted in the first round of distribution, but after the fund ran out of money in less than two weeks, the team returned its loan, as did several wealthier business including Shake Shack and AutoNation.

The Lakers issued a statement Monday confirming what happened.

“The Lakers qualified for and received a loan under the Payroll Protection Program,” the statement read. “However, once we found out the funds from the program had been depleted, we repaid the loan so that financial support would be directed to those most in need. The Lakers remain completely committed to supporting both our employees and our community.”

Full story: Los Angeles Lakers Return $4.6 Million It Received From Federal Small Business Stimulus Program
Cheap bastards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad