NBA Los Angeles Lakers thread

Sep 19, 2008
Nuggets vs. Lakers - Game Recap - October 25, 2018 - ESPN

When Kobe Bryant took a courtside seat in the first quarter, Staples Center buzzed with excitement for the mere sight of the most popular athlete in this building's history.
The crowd even started a "Kobe! Kobe!" chant in the fourth quarter -- and it was immediately drowned out by cheers when LeBron James hit a 3-pointer.
With the symbol of the Los Angeles Lakers' past watching in approval, James and the Lakers' young core proved that their present and future is pretty tantalizing, too.
James had 28 points, 11 assists and 11 rebounds while leading a late rally for his first home victory with the Lakers, 128-111 over the previously unbeaten Denver Nuggets on Thursday night.
LeBron and Kobe didn't get a chance to talk, but the longtime friendly rivals likely both left happy with the Lakers' new direction after James' first triple-double for LA.
"Of course I noticed him sitting right on the baseline over there," James said. "One of the all-time Laker greats. What he's done for this franchise in his 20-plus years here speaks wonders for me. To be able to compete against him all those years, and for me to be able to share a jersey, the same jersey as him at this point, is pretty special."

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Lakers/Spurs was lit. I was just behind the left side of the logo in the section with the Lakers clappers. I would clap for every Spur except DeMar, much to the dismay of the dude beside me. Great game. Lebron tying that game was sick.

The Rockets/Clippers the night before was so much more fan involvement. Free stuff from the ceiling, half-time act, an emcee and DJ. Crazy how the two teams differ their show so much.

Reactions: HFBCommenter

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i really want to believe in luke but his rotations are just god awful sometimes. last night was one of those nights

not playing stephenson the entire 4th? come on

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
luke's not going anywhere

magic even told him before the season started that the team will probably start off slow and to not be concerned about it

Sep 19, 2008
The Lakers are one of the most popular teams in the league. The reason why there is a thread for them here is obvious.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Why is there a thread for this team and not others? Is it because most Lakers fans are bandwagoners and only started following them again because of Lebron?

the team with one of the largest fanbases in all of pro sports has its own thread

shocking i tell you

Reactions: HFBCommenter

Jaguar God

Go Bruins!
Jun 19, 2018
Montreal
Fair enough. My apologies to the actual Lakers fans. I've just seen many local people switch from Cleveland to LA just because of Lebron.

Again, apologies.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
It doesn't solve all of their problems but it definitely helps with one of them. They needed a big who can protect the rim. McGoat isn't enough.

Reactions: The Night King

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->