NBA Los Angeles Lakers thread

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

So this is no longer just a rumour. Kurt and Linda Rambis are the loudest voices in Buss' ear.

Just send LeBron's talents back to South Beach already.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Lue wanted five years because of his "championship experience/pedigree" .... news flash pal you were overruled by LeBron on multiple occasions and only won that title because of his superhuman play + Kyrie's clutchness.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
5 years is a bit much but I get it. Coaching LeBron is a thankless task that nobody would know better than him. And then they ask him to allow the 2nd preference (Jason Kidd) be added to the coaching staff? Not a good look.

Say Hey Kid

it's better to burn out than to fade awa
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Agreed with both V's posts. Shocking. ;) Vogel is a better defensive and head coach anyways.

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Kurt Rambis has that much say in Los Angeles?
I was gonna post this before Magic resigned, but I get tired of guys disagreeing with me. Kurt and his wife are very close to Jeannie and are both very powerful in the organization.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Kurt Rambis has that much say in Los Angeles?

him and his wife are running the show from what it looks like

rambis cracks me up. guy has absolutely failed at every non-lakers job he's held but its all good because he knows he'll always have the lakers as a fallback option when he gets fired elsewhere. i think this is his 10th stint with the team

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
him and his wife are running the show from what it looks like

rambis cracks me up. guy has absolutely failed at every non-lakers job he's held but its all good because he knows he'll always have the lakers as a fallback option when he gets fired elsewhere. i think this is his 10th stint with the team

Wasn’t there a thread in here couple months ago about Kurt Rambis to the hall of fame?! Lmao.

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
I would have called you crazy if you told me in the past that the downfall of the Lakers as a respectable franchise would be brought about by this guy:

upload_2019-5-10_12-39-1.png

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I would have called you crazy if you told me in the past that the downfall of the Lakers as a respectable franchise would be brought about by this guy:

View attachment 226545

its not just him responsible for the state of the franchise

its mostly on the buss kids (jeanie and jim.) then some blame goes to mitch kupchak, magic, and pelinka. but with rambis and his wife now calling the shots with magic gone it looks like nothing is going to change for the better anytime soon

Reactions: Voight

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Jeanie has driven that team into the ground so hard, Dr. Jerry must be spinning in his grave. Disgraceful.

I wonder when they'll try to hire Kobe. He's already won an oscar, made the best seller's list and actually seems to know **** about winning. Can't be any worse than Magic. :laugh:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Jeanie has driven that team into the ground so hard, Dr. Jerry must be spinning in his grave. Disgraceful.

I wonder when they'll try to hire Kobe. He's already won an oscar, made the best seller's list and actually seems to know **** about winning. Can't be any worse than Magic. :laugh:

I don't think Kobe is interested ATM, from what I understand he wants to spend time with his daughters.

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
its not just him responsible for the state of the franchise

its mostly on the buss kids (jeanie and jim.) then some blame goes to mitch kupchak, magic, and pelinka. but with rambis and his wife now calling the shots with magic gone it looks like nothing is going to change for the better anytime soon
I was joking mostly, but yes, I agree with you.

It’s a real sad thing too. I grew up in Orange County during late 90s and the early to mid 2000s. In that time, no sports team was as big as the Lakers, nobody was even close. Not the Angels who won a World Series during that time. Not the Dodgers who were mired in nonstop mediocrity from 1989 until just about four years ago. Definitely not the Ducks or the Kings despite the SC championship. The Clippers, well let’s just say that if any kid at school openly admitted that they preferred the Clippers then they were likely to die of embarrassment.

Personally, I’m a Bucks fan and have always been indifferent towards the Lakers. Even so, the Lakers are one of those franchises that make the league a more interesting place when they are at least competitive and making the playoffs year in and year out. If Jeanie Buss stays on her current course she might become the third worst owner in LA sports history behind Frank McCourt and Donald Sterling, both of which ran their franchises with unfathomable malice and disrespect.

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Only 35-40 fans showed up at the lame protest. It only took them 5 years to figure out the Lakers have a bad front office. :rolleyes:

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
I think part of the problem with Buss kids is that they are not that rich, relative to other NBA owners, from what I hear. They can't afford to have a lot of fired coaches pay on their payroll.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I think part of the problem with Buss kids is that they are not that rich, relative to other NBA owners, from what I hear. They can't afford to have a lot of fired coaches pay on their payroll.

I believe this is their main (only?) business and source of income so the first part of your post is accurate. However, the Lakers still bring in a ridiculous amount of money and can more than afford it if they wanted to. If the Forbes report is accurate, their operating income in 2018 was around $140M (second highest in NBA) and it's projected to be even higher this season.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
I believe this is their main (only?) business and source of income so the first part of your post is accurate. However, the Lakers still bring in a ridiculous amount of money and can more than afford it if they wanted to. If the Forbes report is accurate, their operating income in 2018 was around $140M (second highest in NBA) and it's projected to be even higher this season.
Million here and million there quickly adds up lol

Sep 19, 2008
tfw Lakers in 2019-20
Kyrie
Kuzma
LeBron
Leonard
Zion / perhaps Anthony DAVIS
The league is already heading towards superteams so why not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->