GDT: Los Angeles Kings vs. Montreal Canadiens 10/11/18: part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Drouin hasn't been bad, but someone does need to tell him to just relax and play his game. It's like he thinks he needs to be a star, when what we just need him to be is good.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Calm your boobs everybody. Expectations were low, so why the hate tonight? They will have challenges against physical teams and they will suffer a many losses. All that needs to happen is have the kids play. I like the way Juulsen is playing. And our teenager is awesooooome!

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Drouin has made two beautiful passes. He has absolutely not been bad this game.

I whole heartedly disagree with that. Out of all the forwards he is noticeably giving the puck up way too often. Yes you are going to have giveaways if you play with the puck on your stick, but those giveaways have to be counter-balanced with scoring chances, which Drouin is failing at miserably imo.

1v3s every few shifts inevitably leading to a giveaway this is stuff that's supposed to be coached out of your game in junior.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
If Montreal does not comeback and win boo this bloody team off the ice.....and start a fire bergevin chant.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
What do you mean by thrived? He was never the one driving the play and never had a 30 points season for us.

Not saying he was a star but he did things for us, he had awesome moments. There was a time where he had the most even strenght goals on the team without getting PP time. When uber defensive freak like Jacques Martin came in, it was all over for him. He put him on the fourth line.

But you never got the sense that Lats was nervous playing for the Habs, he embraced it. He and Lapierre especially.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I whole heartedly disagree with that. Out of all the forwards he is noticeably giving the puck up way too often. Yes you are going to have giveaways if you play with the puck on your stick, but those giveaways have to be counter-balanced with scoring chances, which Drouin is failing at miserably imo.
Drouin sounds like he has the puck version of irritable bowel syndrome.

Reactions: sandviper

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Calm your boobs everybody. Expectations were low, so why the hate tonight? They will have challenges against physical teams and they will suffer a many losses. All that needs to happen is have the kids play. I like the way Juulsen is playing. And our teenager is awesooooome!

GOTTA LOVE a Dman who can fix his own mistakes...

Reactions: dinodebino

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Drouin hasn't been bad, but someone does need to tell him to just relax and play his game. It's like he thinks he needs to be a star, when what we just need him to be is good.

We all see those great flashes, we saw them last year too....he got some great flashes tonight too. But that's all we got so far....flashes.
Again tonight only one shot, not enough. (And it wasn't even on the net but Campbell still made the save so it count).

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Draft

Jan 23, 2013

Not paid like a star, not traded for a star, but definitely expected to be one. He's been on par with the rest of our forwards not named Gallagher or Domi, but I really think he needs a line change. If this were Galchenyuk, we'd be complaining that he's playing with a no-offence third liner and an 18yo rookie.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Not paid like a star, not traded for a star, but definitely expected to be one. He's been on par with the rest of our forwards not named Gallagher or Domi, but I really think he needs a line change. If this were Galchenyuk, we'd be complaining that he's playing with a no-offence third liner and an 18yo rookie.
I want to see him with Domi and Gallagher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad