Who is the Kings #16 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Added to this poll: Aidan Dudas, F

#1 - Alex Turcotte, F, 59.1%
#2 - Gabriel Vilardi, F, 53.6% (tie-breaker)
#3 - Rasmus Kupari, F, 46.4% (tie-breaker)
#4 - Cal Petersen, G, 28.9%
#5 - Arthur Kaliyev, F, 33.3%
#6 - Jaret Anderson-Dolan, F, 44%
#7 - Mikey Anderson, D, 32.8%
#8 - Tobias Bjornfot, D, 35.3%
#9 - Carl Grundstrom, F, 50%
#10 - Kale Clague, D, 46.9%
#11 - Akil, Thomas, F, 43.3%
#12 - Samuel Fagemo, F, 54.4%
#13 - Sean Durzi, D, 55.6%
#14 - Nikolai Prokhorkin, F, 62.5%
#15 - Johan Sodergran, F, 29.5%

Vote for one player, and post who you want to add to the next poll.

Only players who are eligible for the 2020 Calder trophy (so no Wagner, Amadio, etc). Calder eligibility is defined as:
- No older than 26 years old as of September 15th, 2019 (so Prokhorkin just makes the cut, if you wish to vote him in)
- Has not played in more than 25 games in one season or more than 6 games in two consecutive seasons. (so Matt Roy, at 25 games, just makes the cut if you want to vote him in)

List of players eligible to be nominated:
Alexander Dergachyov, F
Andre Lee, F
Bokondji Imama, F
Brad Morrison, F
Braden Doyle, D
Chaz Reddekopp, D
Cole Hults, D
Cole Kehler, G
Drake Rymsha, F
Jacob Ingham, G
Mikey Eyssimont, F

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Feel like Roy is getting the "nhl readiness" bump, but I don't feel like he'll ever be anything but a bottom pairing d-man. And I don't say that as a slam, he was a late-round pick after all, one who has to already be considered a success story. I just feel Phillips' ceiling is MUCH higher.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Feel like Roy is getting the "nhl readiness" bump, but I don't feel like he'll ever be anything but a bottom pairing d-man. And I don't say that as a slam, he was a late-round pick after all, one who has to already be considered a success story. I just feel Phillips' ceiling is MUCH higher.

What a difference in our prospect pool in 3 years . So far the top 15 prospects listed I feel as though all could see NHL time . Truly remarkable . I agree Roy will be a number 6 defenseman stop gap until the others are ready . But for me I’m not high on Phillips if he does make the NHL it won’t be for long or not long with us . I think Moverare and Nousianen have potential to be top 4-5 dmen that will be solid and play their roles to help this team win . My dream defense for the Kings in 3 years would be

Bjornfot-Doughty
Anderson-Clague
Nousianen-Moverare
Durzi

I’m very high on Anderson as I’m sure many others are as well on here . Moverare will be what Forbort should have continued to be which is an actual Scuderi/Mitchell type defenseman . Can’t have only top 4 high scoring dmen. They will play a big role for us . Nousianen is a harder one to predict but might end up being a steal like Anaheim and Tampa often draft and develop into the team . He’s my pick to be a Vatanen type dmen for us .

Tampa’s top 4 is nasty

Hedman-Cernak
Mcdonagh-Sergachev

They are set for the next decade . Cernak was spoken highly of and they predicted what he turned out to be but still traded him away for a damn goalie we didn’t need ... Lombardi really did screw us up the last few years of his tenure .

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
What a difference in our prospect pool in 3 years . So far the top 15 prospects listed I feel as though all could see NHL time . Truly remarkable . I agree Roy will be a number 6 defenseman stop gap until the others are ready . But for me I’m not high on Phillips if he does make the NHL it won’t be for long or not long with us . I think Moverare and Nousianen have potential to be top 4-5 dmen that will be solid and play their roles to help this team win . My dream defense for the Kings in 3 years would be

Bjornfot-Doughty
Anderson-Clague
Nousianen-Moverare
Durzi

I’m very high on Anderson as I’m sure many others are as well on here . Moverare will be what Forbort should have continued to be which is an actual Scuderi/Mitchell type defenseman . Can’t have only top 4 high scoring dmen. They will play a big role for us . Nousianen is a harder one to predict but might end up being a steal like Anaheim and Tampa often draft and develop into the team . He’s my pick to be a Vatanen type dmen for us .

Tampa’s top 4 is nasty

Hedman-Cernak
Mcdonagh-Sergachev

They are set for the next decade . Cernak was spoken highly of and they predicted what he turned out to be but still traded him away for a damn goalie we didn’t need ... Lombardi really did screw us up the last few years of his tenure .

I like the Nousiainen / Vatanen comparison frankly, I'm really high on him too.

I think Phillips is closer to Anderson than people give him credit for, if anything, the 'problem' is he's strictly been used in a shutdown role repeatedly, like ME Vlasic. It's not like he has no puck skills/vision, he's just buried because he happens to be amazing in that one particular area. Part of Durzi being awesome at the end of the year was him being able to pair with Samorukov because Phillips was behind them eating matchups. I feel like he's got potential as a top-4 guy as well, like Hjalmarsson, where you probably don't want him on the 1st pairing, but he could function there. In other words, he's not just a random depth shutdown guy.

Reactions: Kingsfan1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad