Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Added to this poll: Matt Villalta, G and Kim Nousiainen, D

#1 - Alex Turcotte, F, 59.1%
#2 - Gabriel Vilardi, F, 53.6% (tie-breaker)
#3 - Rasmus Kupari, F, 46.4% (tie-breaker)
#4 - Cal Petersen, G, 28.9%
#5 - Arthur Kaliyev, F, 33.3%
#6 - Jaret Anderson-Dolan, F, 44%
#7 - Mikey Anderson, D, 32.8%
#8 - Tobias Bjornfot, D, 35.3%
#9 - Carl Grundstrom, F, 50%
#10 - Kale Clague, D, 46.9%
#11 - Akil, Thomas, F, 43.3%
#12 - Samuel Fagemo, F, 54.4%

Vote for one player, and post who you want to add to the next poll.

Only players who are eligible for the 2020 Calder trophy (so no Wagner, Amadio, etc). Calder eligibility is defined as:
- No older than 26 years old as of September 15th, 2019 (so Prokhorkin just makes the cut, if you wish to vote him in)
- Has not played in more than 25 games in one season or more than 6 games in two consecutive seasons. (so Matt Roy, at 25 games, just makes the cut if you want to vote him in)

List of players eligible to be nominated:
Aidan Dudas, F
Alexander Dergachyov, F
Andre Lee, F
Bokondji Imama, F
Brad Morrison, F
Braden Doyle, D
Bulat Shafigullin, F
Chaz Reddekopp, D
Cole Hults, D
Cole Kehler, G
Drake Rymsha, F
Jacob Ingham, G
Lukas Parik, G
Mikey Eyssimont, F
Sheldon Rempal, F

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I'll go with Durzi now. Vote to add Dudas. I'm hesitant about Prokhorkin simply because he's such an unknown and maybe I'm a little bit sour about how long it took for him to come over. I'm hoping he excels, but I don't want to put too high expectations on him before we get a real good look at him.

LB

Jun 4, 2014
Los Angeles
I'll go with Durzi now. Vote to add Dudas. I'm hesitant about Prokhorkin simply because he's such an unknown and maybe I'm a little bit sour about how long it took for him to come over. I'm hoping he excels, but I don't want to put too high expectations on him before we get a real good look at him.
how's Prokhorkin unknown? He's played Pro for many years! these other guys and several that are already ranked have never played pro hockey and may never succeed there like they did in Juniors or college. Prokhorkin is the surest thing of any of these guys (even if not the highest ceiling).
Edit: Matt Roy has played pro and Sodergran too, but for a very limited time compared to Prokhorkin and with less results.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
how's Prokhorkin unknown? He's played Pro for many years! these other guys and several that are already ranked have never played pro hockey and may never succeed there like they did in Juniors or college. Prokhorkin is the surest thing of any of these guys (even if not the highest ceiling).
Edit: Matt Roy has played pro and Sodergran too, but for a very limited time compared to Prokhorkin and with less results.

Has anyone on this forum ever seen him play outside of the few games he played for the Monarchs all those years ago? Or those handful of games at the Olympics where he was playing against teams without any NHL players? He is an unknown and while I do think he will make this team out of camp, but that should be expected of him as he's the oldest on this list.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Durzi. Too much talent to go any lower. Please add G Lukas Parik.
So does Prohorkins but it seems talent isn't the same as be a shiny new toy A point a game player in the 2nd most competitive league in the world slides into the teens as a prospect I think either people in here are really missing out or the talent in our prospect pool is deeper then i think. Prohorkins is said to be defensively sound and plays with some jam to his game. Played against other pros. I would say hes the most proven prospect on the list hands down. However I must be missing something as to why people aren't picking him and saying i don't think hes a prospect isn't a reason Hes on this list and as long as he is hes the right choice imo.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Prokhorkin is going to be 26 in Sept. I'm not sure he should be considered a prospect like other 18-21ish year olds. Not in the same category anyway.

Dudas.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Prokhorkin is going to be 26 in Sept. I'm not sure he should be considered a prospect like other 18-21ish year olds. Not in the same category anyway.

Dudas.

Well not to be a ### but he is for this poll or he wouldn't be on the poll and there for should be the pick Its reasoning like this that taints the results of the poll imo I get not picking him cause not as good as some ( i disagree with it but i can understand that line of thinking) However not to pick him cause u don't think hes a prospect is just wrong cause thats not the purpose of the poll cause he is included

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
stay-on-target-stay-on-target-jek-porkins-meme-42010-52479242.png

He's gotta win eventually

Reactions: crassbonanza

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Well not to be a ### but he is for this poll or he wouldn't be on the poll and there for should be the pick Its reasoning like this that taints the results of the poll imo I get not picking him cause not as good as some ( i disagree with it but i can understand that line of thinking) However not to pick him cause u don't think hes a prospect is just wrong cause thats not the purpose of the poll cause he is included

Ok, aren't prospect rankings about player potential? If so, then this is probably his ceiling, because the top 12 is littered with POTENTIAL Top 6 forwards (a few Top 9 with room to grow) and Top 4 defenseman (or 5-6 D who will bring offense). Will they all reach this potential? of course not, many won't make it. However, I am more inclined to vote for these players because they have the potential to be better than him 3-5 years from now.

If you want to vote for immediate gratification that's fine.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Ok, aren't prospect rankings about player potential? If so, then this is probably his ceiling, because the top 12 is littered with POTENTIAL Top 6 forwards (a few Top 9 with room to grow) and Top 4 defenseman (or 5-6 D who will bring offense). Will they all reach this potential? of course not, many won't make it. However, I am more inclined to vote for these players because they have the potential to be better than him 3-5 years from now.

If you want to vote for immediate gratification that's fine.

There is the other good question to me when I say hes a better prospect yes I mean now not in the future. However in this case he is a top line player in the khl so that should translate to here as well. Imo its a closer translation then Jr numbers for sure. What more do u need. Hes proven hes a point a game player in the second best league. He has proven more then any player He plays top line. How can he show anything higher? Hes always had top level talent it was just a matter if he was ever going to go to north america and now he has. He should be a top 10 prospect and not into the teens

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
There is the other good question to me when I say hes a better prospect yes I mean now not in the future. However in this case he is a top line player in the khl so that should translate to here as well. Imo its a closer translation then Jr numbers for sure. What more do u need. Hes proven hes a point a game player in the second best league. He has proven more then any player He plays top line. How can he show anything higher? Hes always had top level talent it was just a matter if he was ever going to go to north america and now he has. He should be a top 10 prospect and not into the teens

You may be right that he'll be a fine NHL player (never said he wouldn't be), and of course the game translates better KHL vs CHL (sans rink size), the only strike would seem to be that he won't be playing with any stars (or on the the best team) over here.

That being said, you aren't gonna convince anyone by acting as if you know so much better and telling people how they are wrong for having a different view on this process, not even a different view on the player.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

That's where how someone defines the word prospect comes into play. If Prokhorkin has proven so much against grown men, is a he a prospect? For me, if a guy is in his mid 20's and has played at some of the highest levels of hockey, that's not how I would define a prospect. I fully assume he'll be on the opening night roster. At this point, he wouldn't be coming over otherwise. Like the NHL, the KHL isn't a developmental league, and he's played there a full 6 years. He's got a spot to lose, but he's not 20.

Reactions: KopitarFAN

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Prokhorkin, at his best, is a late bloomer.

Almost every prospect ahead of him has more international experience than him. Of course, Olympic Gold for OAR is commendable, but would he have made the team if NHLers joined? I don't know. But it would have been harder.

So I just don't think even Russia is that enamored with him.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
You may be right that he'll be a fine NHL player (never said he wouldn't be), and of course the game translates better KHL vs CHL (sans rink size), the only strike would seem to be that he won't be playing with any stars (or on the the best team) over here.

That being said, you aren't gonna convince anyone by acting as if you know so much better and telling people how they are wrong for having a different view on this process, not even a different view on the player.

I am not acting as if i know any better I am only trying to get people to follow the process of picking the players from the list that was provided. Acting like Prohorkins isn't a prospect is tainting the process. The person that made the poll made him a option so by not picking him because hes not a prospect to u is wrong. If ur not picking him for not being as good as someone is fine that is your own opinion but not picking him cause he is not a prospect in your opinion isn't right because if was on the poll hes a prospect for this list and should be pick wherever he falls by merit.

Reactions: LB

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
That's where how someone defines the word prospect comes into play. If Prokhorkin has proven so much against grown men, is a he a prospect? For me, if a guy is in his mid 20's and has played at some of the highest levels of hockey, that's not how I would define a prospect. I fully assume he'll be on the opening night roster. At this point, he wouldn't be coming over otherwise. Like the NHL, the KHL isn't a developmental league, and he's played there a full 6 years. He's got a spot to lose, but he's not 20.

Weather or not you or I choose to call him a prospect isn't up for debate as he is on he list there for for this poll he is period.

Reactions: LB

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Prokhorkin, at his best, is a late bloomer.

Almost every prospect ahead of him has more international experience than him. Of course, Olympic Gold for OAR is commendable, but would he have made the team if NHLers joined? I don't know. But it would have been harder.

So I just don't think even Russia is that enamored with him.

I wouldn't call him a late bloomer. Hes always had the talent I recall Tg saying the kid was very talented when he was drafted. The only thing the ever held him back from being on the lists year after year was he was not coming to North America not his talent level. Again I never once said anything about not taking him if ur talking talent level I only have a problem if ur not taking him cause the person saying hes not a prospect. If hes on the list he is one for the purpose of this poll whether u think he is or not.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I wouldn't call him a late bloomer. Hes always had the talent I recall Tg saying the kid was very talented when he was drafted. The only thing the ever held him back from being on the lists year after year was he was not coming to North America not his talent level. Again I never once said anything about not taking him if ur talking talent level I only have a problem if ur not taking him cause the person saying hes not a prospect. If hes on the list he is one for the purpose of this poll whether u think he is or not.

I understand. I was just explaining my rationale.

You can be talented and a late bloomer as well. You could argue the case of being a late bloomer as last season and this season is the only time he's produced consistently. Even this season, it looked like he was scratched in favor of Dergachyov (looking at game logs, so I'm not 100% sure on that).

Anyway, glad we're having discussions. What are we going to talk about once Prokhorkin is voted in though? ;)

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Durzi for me here. Just too much talent to ignore, and oozes character and desire too. I feel like he's really got that drive to be better that will make him an NHLer where other guys with similar talents sometimes fall short.

Add Parik!

And re: Porkins I still feel like there are more than a handful of guys remaining I'd take over him based on upside. We kind of know what he is at this point, a middle sixer with maybe some upside. Every other F that's been voted ahead of him has more upside (in my opinion, but also seemingly in majority opinion), and now it seems like we're in the portion of the prospects where people have tougher decisions of upside versus position versus certainty. For example, I'm voting Durzi because I see a guy that should be a Colin Miller-esque #4 but with even more upside and because that position is crazy valuable versus what's very likely to be a 40-point forward with minimal further upside.

It's the old HF ranking system where the number 1-10 signified potential impact where the letter grade a-f ranked their certainty of reaching it. I'd have Durzi like a 7-8C, with Porkins a 6B. More likely to reach his lower upside. Edit: not sure how that actually compares to the 'actual' HF ranking impact numbers, just for illustration purposes.

Reactions: KopitarFAN

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I understand. I was just explaining my rationale.

You can be talented and a late bloomer as well. You could argue the case of being a late bloomer as last season and this season is the only time he's produced consistently. Even this season, it looked like he was scratched in favor of Dergachyov (looking at game logs, so I'm not 100% sure on that).

Anyway, glad we're having discussions. What are we going to talk about once Prokhorkin is voted in though? ;)

As was I . I have no problem with a difference of opinion However I just want to be on the same playing field. If he not in consideration for people that would taint results cause there not playing by the rules set.
As for further discussions I have no fear of that happening. As a rule of all us king fans if one says white there will be several saying black and a few saying forum gold lmao :sarcasm: As always Kp thanks for doing this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad