Kings Article: Los Angeles Kings’ Leading Scorer Is…Kyle Clifford?

SuperAlmeida

Mar 18, 2010
“Brown has been a little bit better,” said Sutter. “Williams has a long ways to go, [forward Jeff] Carter is getting there, [center Mike] Richards has a long ways to go, and whoever plays with those guys is going to play against top guys, so it’s not really anything other than playing to your potential.”

Wait... Eh... Williams was terrific in the last game. Skated more than anyone!!!

SuperAlmeida

Mar 18, 2010
“In junior, I played on the penalty-kill a little bit,” he noted. “I enjoy it, I love it. It’s a lot of hard work. It’s always nice to get more ice time, and I think, as my game progresses, I’m going to develop into a strong penalty-killing player. It’s just a matter of working on it, and on other areas I need to improve on.”
“[Clifford has] taken on some more responsibility,” said Kopitar. “We’ve seen him kill penalties for a couple of games now. We haven’t seen that [before]. He’s playing strong, and he’s getting in on the forecheck. That’s all you want, and he’s delivering. Hopefully, he can continue playing like that for us.”

Gotta love Cliff!

topliner967

Dec 14, 2011
Northern Europe
Wait... Eh... Williams was terrific in the last game. Skated more than anyone!!!

Yes, seems a bit strange calling out Williams after the Phoenix game, which was easily his best game this season (I guess Sutter expects more from his 1st line wingers). I think that was Williams when he is on his game, hunting down loose pucks and effective on the forecheck/in the corners. Needs to put a few in the back of the net though :nod:

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Funny thing is, I knew that, and still wrote Finland!

Thanks for catching that...one of the problems you run into when you write during the wee hours of the morning...

You must have had a little bit of the Helsinki Syndrome.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I think clifford might be the answer to our power play woes. A big strong kid like him in front of the net blocking goalie and picking up rebounds maybe what we need. Just a thought

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad