Los Angeles is not the only city with hockey inept media

Captain Mittens*

317899_4916150138233_1758251306_n.jpg

The Hawks are apparently playing the Sacramento basketball team on Saturday

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
If that franchise gets moved to Seattle, and they have a different name and logo, I'm pretty sure the logo in the picture will still be used somewhere when the LA Kings are thought about for a few seconds.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
It's really a shame since Chicago is one of the best sports towns in the nation. Then again, it's the same town where a TV station confused two continents...

american-tv-channel-confuses-south-africa-for-south-africa-pic-splashnews-com-910092713.jpg

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
If that franchise gets moved to Seattle, and they have a different name and logo, I'm pretty sure the logo in the picture will still be used somewhere when the LA Kings are thought about for a few seconds.

Every single time this happens I imagine the dumbest intern imagianable, one that grew up literally in a barn and never heard of hockey, finishing working for 26 hours straight... Then I look at the logo, and say to myself "well, there's still a basketball RIGHT THERE!"

Just a totally unexcusable mistake anytime it happens.

Captain Mittens*

It's really a shame since Chicago is one of the best sports towns in the nation. Then again, it's the same town where a TV station confused two continents...

american-tv-channel-confuses-south-africa-for-south-africa-pic-splashnews-com-910092713.jpg

It must be something in the pizza

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Every single time this happens I imagine the dumbest intern imagianable, one that grew up literally in a barn and never heard of hockey, finishing working for 26 hours straight... Then I look at the logo, and say to myself "well, there's still a basketball RIGHT THERE!"

Just a totally unexcusable mistake anytime it happens.

All these graphic artists are supposed to do is type in 'Los Angeles Kings' into what should be their own in house serach engine of previously used images.

I'm not sure how many sports teams use 'Kings' but for a major paper like that covering prime time sports mostly, there really shouldn't be more than a handful. So I agree, take 2 seconds and pick the one that doesn't say Sacramento right across it, or have a basketball under it.

Dumbasses.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
i saw that on twitter earlier. just saw one of the guys i coach with here in chicago posting it on FB also. he's a Hawks fan and even his statement, "this makes my brain hurt", sums up the frustration of hockey fans in general.

proof read you inept ******. yes that is the sun times

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
i sent an email to the writer that covers the Hawks for them. here is his reply. i included the Kings info graphic they put out last season in the playoffs

Yeah, I saw that. I wasn't thrilled about it, either, and I'm sure
whoever did that was kicking himself in the morning. I actually
remember when the L.A. Kings sent that out last year; I thought it was
brilliant and hilarious.

Unfortunately, mistakes happen. I worked on the design desk for most
of my career, and I've made some stupid mistakes, too. Worse ones than
that. It happens from time to time. Happens in every job.
Unfortunately, in our business, half a million people see it when we
screw up. All we can do is try to do better the next time.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada

LOL. It even says D. Penner above Penner's shoulder. Wow....

i sent an email to the writer that covers the Hawks for them. here is his reply. i included the Kings info graphic they put out last season in the playoffs

Yeah, I saw that. I wasn't thrilled about it, either, and I'm sure
whoever did that was kicking himself in the morning. I actually
remember when the L.A. Kings sent that out last year; I thought it was
brilliant and hilarious.

Unfortunately, mistakes happen. I worked on the design desk for most
of my career, and I've made some stupid mistakes, too. Worse ones than
that. It happens from time to time. Happens in every job.
Unfortunately, in our business, half a million people see it when we
screw up. All we can do is try to do better the next time.

Good of him to e-mail a reply, and he is right. We all make mistakes, just in the media business when we make mistakes everyone sees them. I made a doozy one time too and boy did that sting.

Still, the guy who did it needs it pointed out to him.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
FFS. i made a joke post about this earlier today that got deleted. should have left it up, because yet another station craps the bed

BBL4d6TCUAAhHqT.jpg

Ron*

^^^ Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. ^^^

How can these media people continually get this wrong? It's not even the same sport!

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Can you imagine the confusion of casual fans and the local media if the heated playoff series between the Lakers and the Sacto Kings was in the same year as our Cup run?

Ron*

Can you imagine the confusion of casual fans and the local media if the heated playoff series between the Lakers and the Sacto Kings was in the same year as our Cup run?

Imagine, indeed.

Both those teams suck this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad