Loose-Leafs #22 - California Dreamin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Loose-Leafs
Song of the Week: On the Road Again - Willie Nelson

Sorry for no Loose-Leafs last week. Moving cross country sucks. Also. Jet Leg sucks. You know what sucks the most? Jet-Lag + Daylight Savings time. Lovely.

Leafs Stats In a Nutshell

Not+impressed.jpg

...everything stinks

Remember when our powerplay was #2 in the league? Yeah. no. (7th) I swear, this team defies all logic. it's not even defying logic at this point - it's just looking at logic and laughing in its face. Mahauhauahuahuahaua.

[10th in goals per game, 26th, goals against, 7th in powerplay and 28th in penalty kill - and the new stat watch 22 third period blown leads. but.. we're like way over .500 when that happens]. this isn't even a mind blown. that is flat out, plain old

trolldoll.jpg

you can call me Phil. I like Cookies

If the Playoffs Were Today:

habs_leafs_oct222011.jpg

Please. please let this happen

I wouldn't even care about the reffing. I wouldn't care about anything else. You know this would be a seven game series because we're so similar. It would make both cities 100 percent electric. [and if we could somehow get home ice, it would make such a difference]. Just give everyone a chicken and let's start sacrificing now.

[Please. Please let this happen]

this is how everything else would shape up

Metropolitan
Pittsburgh - 88 pts
Philadelphia - 73 pts
NY Rangers - 72 pts
WC2: Detroit - 71 points

Atlantic
Boston - 87 pts
Montreal - 77 pts
Toronto - 76 pts
WC1: Tampa - 74 points

Happy Birthday!
To Morgan Rielly. He's no longer a teenager, he's a big studly adult now. [Please learn how to hit the net. it will help a lot].

On the Shelf

David Bolland - I'm really wondering if he's even going to play this year?
David Clarkson - injured with something, I never did catch it.

Up & Down
To the Marlies: Fraser McLaren, Trevor Smith
To the Leafs: Fraser McLaren :)laugh:), Carter Ashton (did he get moved back?)

Due to the trade deadline - no more Nonis Watch. [which he did nothing]. I am .. now coming to terms with this. Again - I would have liked to get an older someone to help us calm down (or baring that a big bottle of Xanax). But I am forever going to be okay with not signing/trading our UFAs, because the tendency is really now starting to shape up that teams are retaining Salary (or taking players with monster salary). so I am good with that.

"Hockey Deals'" [which i feel is the stupidest term ever. it's a hockey team, dealing in hockey players - it's going to be a hockey deal regardless if it's a rental, or a long term fix] - tend to happen in June, and that's where Nonis will start being his stealth Ninja self.

Road Trip!

AyXFTMBCAAI9LCO.jpg:large

wooohooo!

This is the last long road trip the Leafs will make this season [after this road trip, we have a 2 game home stand, and then we alternate for a few games, and then we have a 3 game homestand, and end the season with three on the road].

Everyone had wanted to have a point cushion going into this road trip (which we did - since the break, we've had points in every game except one - extending our record to 13-2-3? awesome). But the reason why people are so nervous is because this is where we're going on the road trip

Death-Valley-010.jpg

also known as Anaheim, LA and San Jose

Montreal just came back from one, and they only got 2 points out of it (Anaheim). Everyone is thinking we're going to be dummied and we're going to be in trouble - but I don't think so. [okay insert "Daisy is ___________" here, I'll wait.] but this is why I think we'll do ... moderately better than what people think

A:
tumblr_inline_mvhstyzzw61rexixx.jpg

Gunnarson, Phaneuf, Kessel, Bozak, & JVR in their true forms

This team, trolls hard. It would not surprise me if they played their best three games of hockey this season against this team.

B: the Leafs have a tendency to play up to their opponent. (so again - they troll).

C: we've actually played decently against all three teams [1-2].

Anaheim we beat in October - but that's when they were like breaking franchise records and hadn't lost at all or something crazy like that.

San Jose was the only game that we looked like we were in trouble from the get go (but San Jose makes everyone look like their in trouble from the get go) and that's when our PK was severely in the toilet and Randy Carlyle was soliciting for centres out on Bay St.

LA Kings - we played extremely well - but because of a bad Ranger pinch at a horrendous time, Jeff Carter sniped one and we lost. [Also Martin Jones was able to stop anything/everything, it wasn't for the lack of trying].

So - I firmly believe that we can beat those teams. I am expecting 4 points out of California. :nod: I know my boys can do it.

bernierreimer600oct17.jpg

Reimer: so you're saying you let in all these goals to make things exciting?
Bernier: of course.
Reimer: (sigh) I can't do that, I won't play again.
Bernier: sorry, bro.

Bernier hasn't been looking too sharp since the break - he's played his 42nd game yesterday against the Flyers. I am not going to be all "omg what's going on." or defend the goals - I'm just simply going to point out - he's not looking extremely sharp. James looked really good against Columbus. I am going to assume we're seeing James in Anaheim, Jonathan in San Jose/LA.

After California - we're going to Washington (Sunday game. ugh), and Detroit. the Washington game will be a bit goony [time zone] but we should be acclimatized enough to show up against Detroit. I'd take a loser point against the Caps - but the full out regulation win against Detroit.

This means - I am saying that the Leafs will get out of a possible 10 points - we're getting 6.

Laugh at me now, amaze at me later.

[in all honesty - i don't even care about the point spread - I just want to get 3 over montreal, and then keep it so we continue to have a 1-3 point cushion over them, so we have home ice over the Habs. So however it happens, i'm all good for it].

The Myth About Our Secondary Scoring

Where exactly is this coming from? Lupul has 19 goals, Nazzy is at 18, Raymond is at 17-18 <<---- that to me screams secondary scoring

Our defense is starting to score again <<----- defensive scoring a plus

Our third line is fair to middling - I'd like to see a bit more offense from them....

but is it because the PBJ line is so dominant and almost always scores every game, it's making people think we don't have it? it's really confusing. Dear Media. We've got it. Shut up.

Daisy's Player of the Week

Troy+Bodie+Toronto+Maple+Leafs+v+Philadelphia+EsP5_i9LVcYl.jpg

I am really liking Bodie's play. I'd like a 4th line/3rd line mixture of him please.

Leaf's Schedule This Week

(sigh) take your naps, guys, because these are all going to be late. late, late.

Monday 10th, March
:leafs @ :ducks - 10:00pm - Leafs TV

Tuesday 11th March
:leafs @ :sharks - 10:30pm - Sportsnet Ontario

Thursday 13th, March
:leafs @ :kings - 10:30 pm - TSN

Sunday 16th March
:leafs @ :caps - 3:00 pm - Sportsnet Ontario

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Half our team is from(teams) the Western Conference....we got this!

Lupul
Bolland
Holland
McClemment
Bodie
McLaren

Gardiner
Phaneuf
Franson

Bernier

Carlyle
Nonis
Leiwieke

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
So the time has come to get the worse part of the schedule over with. LA is the only Cali team that has hit bumps in this season but they're on a 5/6 game win streak. Could notch another win after tonight as their opponent is Edmonton.

Like you said, the Leafs are truly like trolls so I wouldn't be surprised if they grabbed like 6 points but I also wouldn't be surprised they grabbed less than that. I'm hoping for 3 in California and at least 2 points between Washington/Detroit so I'm about 1 point behind you.

If we throw in the Mirtle watch, he said that we likely needed to go at least 11-11 the rest of the way to make playoffs.

So far we're 2-1-2 which is equivalent to 3-1. 8 more wins to go...hopefully they can grab more than that though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad