TSN: Looks like The Sporting News was RIGHT! TSN picks the Jets to win the Cup!

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
you lost me at "Jeff O'Neill"
LOL I didn't say I liked or respected him. Just reporting the facts.

Bodog has the Leafs to win at 7-1, with the Jets at 17-2 tied with the Bolts.

Bodog is stupid (pandering to Leafs Nation). Toronto wasted millions on a player that replicates a strength. So, instead of spending money on D and G (which they need to advance), they are taking away ice time from their young stars, and not adding any value to their team.

They aren't winning anything unless they trade some forward skill for D and G, and that' stupid too because they will have to trade young cost controlled stars for an older, expensive guy. Just idiotic

Talk about a full on major jinx. Crap

Jinxes, much like unicorns and witches on brooms do not exist.

JohnStaymoose

Bring Back The Trough
Jul 2, 2016
Mordor
It's great to see this team getting the recognition it deserves but like Wheeler said last season "Pump The Brakes" as we are in a very difficult division and it's going to be a dog fight. I have my optimism of course because we have a strong team top to bottom but again this league is difficult to win in, the boys are going to need to bring their A game every night. Go Jets Go!

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Bodog is stupid (pandering to Leafs Nation). Toronto wasted millions on a player that replicates a strength. So, instead of spending money on D and G (which they need to advance), they are taking away ice time from their young stars, and not adding any value to their team.

Eh, if I had to guess, it's more Leafs Nation jamming money down and the line shortening to reflect it. Probably why the line has shortened significantly on Winnipeg as well since the summer. Except in our case, it's people betting smartly :P

Reactions: Jet

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Pump the brakes is right. Lots to be excited about for sure BUT lots to prove still, too. Hellebucky has to repeat his performance from last year, Trouba and company have to continue the stellar defense, team has to avoid major injuries, Little or Roslovic have to perform as legit top 2 C's...

Crazed Fan

Jul 9, 2011
Winnipeg
I am a Jets fan to the end. I expect the worst. Not too sure how to process a winning team other than just enjoy. Ive never seen a Jets team considered a favorite for anything. In my mind we are the perennial underdog.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
LOL I didn't say I liked or respected him. Just reporting the facts.

They aren't winning anything unless they trade some forward skill for D and G, and that' stupid too because they will have to trade young cost controlled stars for an older, expensive guy. Just idiotic

That’s a great explanation of the Tavares acquisition.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Bodog has the Leafs to win at 7-1, with the Jets at 17-2 tied with the Bolts.
Not an expert on gambling, but I think Books will overestimate the odds on a team that will attract a lot of money in order to hedge. Also, they move the odds down as Leaf money is laid down. So I would presume that their true odds are less than Wpg/TB.

Reactions: AlphaLackey

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida

I threw the Jinx word out, but I actually agree with you. Same category as 'puck luck' or 'hot goaltender'. How is 'hot goaltender ' any different than 'cold shooters' - it's not. Just words to explain something not easily understood at first glance.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Not an expert on gambling, but I think Books will overestimate the odds on a team that will attract a lot of money in order to hedge. Also, they move the odds down as Leaf money is laid down. So I would presume that their true odds are less than Wpg/TB.

That is correct. In fact, that was one of the things that numerous book operators said about action on the Knights, that they were the most inelastic lines they'd ever seen. "We kept shortening the odds and the money just kept pouring in. It never stopped".

So yeah, when in doubt, don't bet on trendy teams for that reason :P

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Last year in September I put 50 bucks on a Jets cup win and this year is no different!

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Nothing would make me happier. Although let's not forget that this team walked through an awful MN team and then a .890 goaltender. That's all.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
What gets me about that prediction is that they have both Calgary and Edmonton making the playoffs - and Edmonton as a cross-over. Which means only 3 teams from the Central. Which sounds pretty damn unlikely if you ask me.

Although a Winnipeg-Edmonton first round match-up would be pretty epic. I wonder if I'd make it out of that series alive, what with being an obnoxious Jets fan living in Edmonton...

one other person

Tripping thru time and space
Feb 19, 2018
Sunny St. Somewhere
A good cover story for The Sporting News might be who they think TSN will predict to be the Cup winners a couple of years down the road, I'd buy that magazine for sure.

In any case this is a season to be really excited about, right???

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Speaking of season previews, did the NHL Network deliberately miss the Jets in their Central Division preview?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad