Looks like the center ice Hockeytown Logo is no more (Maybe)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I don't buy it, I'd wait for a legitimate source to confirm that.

That "picture" looks sketchy to me...

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I don't buy it, I'd wait for a legitimate source to confirm that.

That "picture" looks sketchy to me...

Agreed, if I had to guess they don't put full adverts and catchphrases on the ice until they get closer to the start of the preseason anyway. Its very likely they put on a placeholder logo until then to save on material cost.

Adityase

Mar 27, 2002
Troy, MI
Visit site
Makes me think it’s official Z is done and the end of the era... and Larkin will be captain to start a new era.

Massive speculation, but just my first thought.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Makes me think it’s official Z is done and the end of the era... and Larkin will be captain to start a new era.

Massive speculation, but just my first thought.

That's silly nonsense. The change is not related to Z's retirement if is being made at all.

As to the veracity of the picture... the blue lines look weird and who the hell is MARTY.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
A different view showing ads by the end boards.

wduva0lerqh11.jpg

Last edited:

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Good news if true. Looked kind of odd with a half empty arena as a backdrop.
Agreed.

I always found the Hockeytown™ thing a little obnoxious. It's easy to be Hockeytown when the team is good.

If anything Detroit is Footballtown. The Lions have sucked for most of their existence but the fans keep coming...

Adityase

Mar 27, 2002
Troy, MI
Visit site
That's silly nonsense. The change is not related to Z's retirement if is being made at all.

As to the veracity of the picture... the blue lines look weird and who the hell is MARTY.

I did say I was speculating and that it was my first thought. I wasn’t making a prediction. But you don’t know that it isn’t related. That’s just a guess. None of us know. Or even if it’s real.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
So some people here seem skeptical. Fair enough. But I'm insanely curious about what kind of person would spread this kind of thing as a lie with multiple photoshops.

juiceman

Nov 25, 2007
Michigan
Agreed, if I had to guess they don't put full adverts and catchphrases on the ice until they get closer to the start of the preseason anyway. Its very likely they put on a placeholder logo until then to save on material cost.

I have a feeling that this is legit. If you look at LCA's Instagram from last year, this post from August 17, 2017 shows a couple of the neutral zone adverts already in & the Hockeytown logo at center ice.

To add: I know that they always took out the Hockeytown logo at the Joe during the summer & replaced it with a small winged wheel for rookie camps & other summer hockey. But, with the practice rink at the LCA I don't think they would do this here, as they use the practice rink for any hockey events during the offseason.

Last edited:

juiceman

Nov 25, 2007
Michigan
One more. The center ice logo is indeed painted on. If you watch the pre-game intro video from last year, you can see a quick cut of the workers painting the Hockeytown logo at center ice, albeit at Joe Louis Arena. I don't think they would paint that large of a winged wheel at center if they didn't intend to use it during the season.

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York

No clue on Marty but in regards to the blue lines.... It looks like the paint isn't covered with a layer of ice yet; in which case, the possibility is open that this picture just coincides with waiting on the paint to dry to write 'hockeytown' over the logo...

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
No clue on Marty but in regards to the blue lines.... It looks like the paint isn't covered with a layer of ice yet; in which case, the possibility is open that this picture just coincides with waiting on the paint to dry to write 'hockeytown' over the logo...

Nah mate, having laid quite a few ice rinks in my day, that's been skated on already. A lot.

I can't speak for professional ice crews and the money flowing through them, but that's likely not paint as much as printed paper embedded in the ice; much less time consuming than painting, and quicker to replace.

LOL, pretty sure that's "Xfinity."

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York
Nah mate, having laid quite a few ice rinks in my day, that's been skated on already. A lot.

I can't speak for professional ice crews and the money flowing through them, but that's likely not paint as much as printed paper embedded in the ice; much less time consuming than painting, and quicker to replace.

Aren't there photos all over rinks being painted? I also remember watching a documentary of the process a team goes through each year in preparing the rink and also painting...

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
Aren't there photos all over rinks being painted? I also remember watching a documentary of the process a team goes through each year in preparing the rink and also painting...

Different arenas use different methods. The one at which I worked used stencils and paint for all the logos and lines, but some use printed paper logos and lines.

I honestly don't know what they do in LCA, but the more you have to take the ice out and put it back in, the more likely that paper* is used.

* when I say "paper," that can mean paper, cloth, vinyl, etc.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

Xfinity starts with an M?

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
Xfinity starts with an M?

Are we looking at the same photo? I don't know, after looking at your quote, it was before the picture I saw. Perhaps my brain is dead again.

EDIT: OH LOL, you're talking about the scoreboard from the earlier picture... wow. That's what I get for not clicking on things thoroughly. My mistake, I should go to sleep.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad