keep on rockin the free world!
Aug 3, 2017
Muskoka
If you think he looks 25 than you my friend have not aged well lol

4196666_orig.jpg

Reactions: qqaz

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
I imagine it won’t take long once the season starts, or maybe even just preseason, but man, I hated Spezza (in a sporting sense, it’s a compliment Jason). Haven’t really dealt with it yet lol
Plus side didn't have to wrestle with it being Heatley.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
You guys are more optimistic than me.

I’m just glad this means we aren’t doing anymore stupid ass trading of 2nd round picks for 2 months of Plekanec turds floating around......

Reactions: qqaz

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
The fact this will be the first time Tom Fergus is mentioned in this thread saddens me.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
You guys are more optimistic than me.

I’m just glad this means we aren’t doing anymore stupid ass trading of 2nd round picks for 2 months of Plekanec turds floating around......

Agreed. With all those vets being pushed out of bigger contracts, you hope we never waste those picks on those useless depth veterans again.

middletoe

Why am I me?
Nov 5, 2008
Northern Ontario
This has the potential to be huge ... and for nothing.

I could see him having a blast this season. And team happiness has some kind of value. It can contribute to winning.

Last edited:

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
He was part of the "enemy" for many years so it was easy to dislike him, but seeing him the other day on TV wearing a Leafs hat and tracksuit -- I'm quite excited to have him as a Leaf this year.

Not expecting a huge season, but I think he'll do much better than what Dallas tried getting out of him last year.

Once

Jul 16, 2010
Spezza on the fourth line would be ideal, and maybe replace Marleau on the 2nd PP unit? He can take the face-off for the PK too, similar to how GOAT or Bozak previously.

Reactions: canadon

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I kind of want him to be load managed, I feel like he's going to push another gear in the playoffs and I'd rather him be rested. He's played a lot of minutes after Mikheyev went down and the last few games he's struggled a little bit defensively.

It's been interesting watching him, his skating and speed have declined big time however his hands and shot are still there, and he's still a very smart player, I often find myself impressed with his decision making.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I kind of want him to be load managed, I feel like he's going to push another gear in the playoffs and I'd rather him be rested. He's played a lot of minutes after Mikheyev went down and the last few games he's struggled a little bit defensively.

It's been interesting watching him, his skating and speed have declined big time however his hands and shot are still there, and he's still a very smart player, I often find myself impressed with his decision making.

Yep, his legs look heavy at times, but his hands still look good.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
They could easily rest him after every couple of games. The entire fourth line should be constantly rotated anyways (including the goat)

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Spezza is a top line brain trapped in a 4th line body. If they could somehow find a way to make him skate like a 28 year old, he'd be a legitimate top-6 C.

Reactions: 1specter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->