News Article: Looks Like Horcoff Is Staying In Detroit

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Are you bringing Shawn Horcoff with you from Detroit?

“I hired him (in Detroit) on the recommendation of (Kris) Draper and (Dan) Cleary. He has been a great addition. I think he and Steve will hit it off. He married a girl from Michigan, the farm team (Grand Rapids) is two hours away from his house. Life is good for Horc, and I’m sure Steve will want to keep him, because Horc is a good man.”

LINK

Larkin2AA

Apr 21, 2016
Rochester Hills, MI
Are you bringing Shawn Horcoff with you from Detroit?

“I hired him (in Detroit) on the recommendation of (Kris) Draper and (Dan) Cleary. He has been a great addition. I think he and Steve will hit it off. He married a girl from Michigan, the farm team (Grand Rapids) is two hours away from his house. Life is good for Horc, and I’m sure Steve will want to keep him, because Horc is a good man.”

LINK

Really like Horcoff, I am glad he is staying.

Reactions: DetroitRed

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Just speculating, but it almost sounds like Holland is saying that Horcoff is good at what he does, but isn't a great candidate to move up in the organization. Just let him keep doing what he's doing, and he'd rather pluck guys that he can also groom for higher positions down the road.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
He is an MSU guy too that has spent every off-season of his career in Michigan. The way Veleno and Cholowski talk about Horcoff makes me a big fan. I like what him and Cleary are doing. If we can keep both I will be very happy.
"Cleary is also a good man and he married a girl from Hamilton, Ontario just 3.5 hours from Michigan."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad