Looks like Calder is up for grabs

The n00b King ©*

you guys are all wrong

Aki Berg will make a come back and take it all.

Aki Berg's not a rookie?

You have yet to behold the power that is Aki Berg!

:sarcasm:

(this thread is way too serious for it's own good)

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Kopitar , Brule , O'Sullivan , Pouliot , Kostitsyn , Mikhnov , Schremp

everything can happen IMO

GSK*

Kopitar , Brule , O'Sullivan , Pouliot , Kostitsyn , Mikhnov , Schremp

everything can happen IMO

How you can say is better then the other because he made 47 points in 19 games. ? That didnt mean nothing, he can just be an average NHL players.

Yanic Perreault did 185 points in 67 games in 90-91, and he didnt be a contender for Calder or to be a star.

Patrice Lefebvre did 200 points in 70 games and didnt play 1 game in the NHL...

Stop about Junior stats, thats not mean nothing... At the NHL level, yes, stats mean something, but Junior you cannot even compare LHJMQ against NCAA, they always got lower stats in NCAA or WHL then LHJMQ or OHL.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
if zetterberg is out for a few weeks to start due to this damn wrist, filppula or hudler could end up breaking a ton of pts if they emerge... never know in dtown

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
How you can say is better then the other because he made 47 points in 19 games. ? That didnt mean nothing, he can just be an average NHL players.

Yanic Perreault did 185 points in 67 games in 90-91, and he didnt be a contender for Calder or to be a star.

Patrice Lefebvre did 200 points in 70 games and didnt play 1 game in the NHL...

Stop about Junior stats, thats not mean nothing... At the NHL level, yes, stats mean something, but Junior you cannot even compare LHJMQ against NCAA, they always got lower stats in NCAA or WHL then LHJMQ or OHL.

I totally agree with you , I was just naming some of prospect who could maybe win the Calder I know there is something like 20 others one ... Junior means nothing and I know that

RayLeeCharles

Aug 31, 2005
WaSt
Because stats are everything in the CHL? Look who Brule played with - Mitch Bartley and Spencet Machacek. Two players who may never be professionals. Brule SINGLE HANDEDLY dominated the WHL like we haven't seen in recent memory.

'':shakehead ''

'':shakehead ''
He didnt just dominate the WHL, but look at his body of work at the Memorial Cup. He was the best player at that tournament hands down. Hes the best forward prospect in my eyes following Malkin. I cant say Ill miss him beating up on Spokane like he did but he was sure fun to watch.

aspin

Sep 13, 2002
Regina
Visit site
Yep, they act like he'll be in the freaking ECHL or something. IMO he should be getting the same kind of clout that fellow CHL dominators like Wolski and Radulov have been getting.

The thing that goes against Schremp is that the Oilers are so so deep at forward that he is most likely not going to get a chance to play in the top 6. Also it is also up in the air if he even makes the team because they have so many good prospects with more experience (Thoresen and Pouliot).

aspin

Sep 13, 2002
Regina
Visit site
I will throw Thoresen out there. He put up some really great stats in the QMJHL and most recently SEL. It will be a dogfight between him, Pouliot and Schremp to see who makes the 3rd Centre position this year. :) If Mikhnov comes over I think he has a good shot. If Schremp or Pouliot were on a team where they would get top 6 minutes I would like there chances a lot.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
If it is true as rumored that Malkin has signed another contract, then why is there any speculation left about what his status will be for next season? If his RSL club was willing to void his initial deal for one more year with him, then they're going to get one more year with him. It's pretty cut and dry.

If they tore up his contract and he signed another one, then which means more his actions or his words? Malkin is saying the right things to not alienate his fans in Pittsburgh, but his actions are indicative of a person more torn about coming over to the NHL next year.

Can I say I told you all so now? ;)

Puckz

Jun 22, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
Pouliot > Kostitsyn

The stats don't lie man. It was Pouliot's first year in the AHL and he was better than Kos on the same team. Hard to argue that.

Sorry, not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, so no offence... but if you are going by stats then Kostitsyn outproduced Pouliot in both the AHL and NHL.

Skyblaze

Aug 17, 2006
Montreal
Don't be silly, Kostitsyn has very poor chances of winning the Calder. Barring injuries, he's likely to spend most of the season in Hamilton.

I wonder if Matt Carle is still eligible, he might have a good season.

My out-of-left-field prediction for the Calder : Braydon Coburn :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad