Looking to follow a junior team from the Q!

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
Hey everyone!

I'm a Bruins fan who follows alot of college hockey however I've started to watch alot of junior lately. The OHL gets alot of hype and the WHL seems to far for me unless I move back out west. I was just trying to get an idea of style of team play to follow.

I like Rimouski. I've watched a few games and that's drawn me a bit. Also thought of Acadie-Bathurst because of Patrice. Any ideas? I enjoy a sound defensive game with real high end talent on the forward core. Sounds typical however just interested if anyone had any thoughts.

Thanks!

rocketfan

Dec 25, 2008
Halifax ia always a treat to watch , If you like the rough and tough style like your Bruins I would suggest the Rocket they lead the league in Fights, Than if you dont mind watching a french broadcast Val D'or is a nice team to watch

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Hey everyone!

I'm a Bruins fan who follows alot of college hockey however I've started to watch alot of junior lately. The OHL gets alot of hype and the WHL seems to far for me unless I move back out west. I was just trying to get an idea of style of team play to follow.

I like Rimouski. I've watched a few games and that's drawn me a bit. Also thought of Acadie-Bathurst because of Patrice. Any ideas? I enjoy a sound defensive game with real high end talent on the forward core. Sounds typical however just interested if anyone had any thoughts.

Thanks!

You've got a username that says Halifax to me.

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
I'd agree with what's mentioned above about Moncton. They're a great team and one of the best organizations. Danny Flynn coaches a defensive first team but they have exciting firepower as well. Brad Marchand is a part product of the Wildcats.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
With the turnover rate of junior it's hard to "get into" one team, as the players and style can change from year to year ... But Moncton is typically a "defensive" team, but Halifax have a lot of high-end forward this year.

Rimouski have a good young core with some exciting forwards and promising D .. Unlike Moncton and maybe even Halifax, they will be good for years to come with a great group of 95's.

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
Also thought of Acadie-Bathurst because of Patrice.

I think you should cheer for Krejčí's old team. :D

We suck now, but we'll be good again soon.

Somebody suggested Val-d'Or, and they are a fun team to watch, so that wouldn't be a terrible choice.

FWIW, Luc Chenier is slowly teaching me French through his Olympiques radio broadcasts. It will be difficult to follow at first, but you'll pick up quite a bit of French in short order. I'd be happy to help as long as you cheer for an approved team. ;)

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
What do Brad Marchand, Andrew Bodnarchuk, Milan Jurcina, Joey MacDonald all have in common??? They all have play(ed) for both Boston and Halifax.....

So why don't you join us.. become a Moose Maniac in time for this Memorial Cup run!!! Join us... join us... join us... join us... You know you want to... Drouin... MacKinnon... Fucale... They could be YOUR players...

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
What do Brad Marchand, Andrew Bodnarchuk, Milan Jurcina, Joey MacDonald all have in common??? They all have play(ed) for both Boston and Halifax.....

So why don't you join us.. become a Moose Maniac in time for this Memorial Cup run!!! Join us... join us... join us... join us... You know you want to... Drouin... MacKinnon... Fucale... They could be YOUR players...

Maybe he doesn't want to just be a bandwagoner. :naughty:

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Bruin fan, style of play = Moncton Wildcats.

This guy^

Not even close. The Wildcats aren't physical at all, when was the last time they had a legit fighter on their team? Tyler Howe like three years ago or something probably.

Just choose a team who's jerseys you like OP. That's how I chose a WHL team to play as in NHL 12 :laugh:

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
This guy^

Not even close. The Wildcats aren't physical at all, when was the last time they had a legit fighter on their team? Tyler Howe like three years ago or something probably.

Just choose a team who's jerseys you like OP. That's how I chose a WHL team to play as in NHL 12 :laugh:

... I feel like he'll choose Kingston :laugh:

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
Which one, the "K" or the Count Frontenac one?

These are out -

$%28KGrHqN,!iME8J7qwongBPn!4ldG-Q~~60_35.JPG

And these are in -

RL0-7135.jpg

mikko_vainonen_kingston.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad