Looking for Wild Fans Near Austin Texas

AustinTXwildfan

Jan 16, 2013
Hey everyone! I haven't been on here in a long time, but my wife and I were trying to get a Wild/Blackhawks viewing party set up down here in Austin, TX. I thought I might get lucky and find some folks on this site that live nearby and are interested in meeting up someplace. We are looking to watch the afternoon game on Sunday if we can get a group.

So, any takers? Anyone live nearby?

:cheers:

Biggs111

Apr 18, 2014
I am actually in Austin (Lakeway) - and I would say 20% of the people in my area are MN natives - so lots of hockey fans…

Unfortunately I watch the games at home - so I can actually watch the game… For any other game I'll head to bars with friends - but not when the Wild are actually on - too many distractions and the wife wanting to include me in a "handbag" discussion with the Wild on a break away…

Also - there are leagues down here that a lot of us play on - we have games out at the Cedar Park arena where the Texas Stars play - and at Northcross arena… I would say they have about 700 people total on all the different levels - and a good portion of those skaters are MN as well…

I moved down here about 7 years ago because no income tax, etc - and since then I have had 3 different couples from MN move down here after they came for a visit…

For anyone not from Austin - it is full - so you can't move here… :D

AustinTXwildfan

Jan 16, 2013
That's understandable man. We just thought it would be fun to get a group together somplace where they might put the sound on and we could go a little nuts. The Brewmaster at Pinthouse Pizza is a Minnesotan and a big Wild fan, so we were going to try to see if they would be down for hosting. Looks like this might not pan out.

Also we have been in Austin for 7 years now as well! Sounds like we moved here around the same time :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad