looking for suggestions how to do this.

cujoflutie

I'm on the executive of a 10 team keeper pool. This year for the lockout we are running our league through an NHL 13 simulation.
We are not actually playing the games, we are all acting like GM's; make the trades, set the lineups etc.
I wanted to use GM connected mode but it doesnt seem to allow you to substitute teams nor amend the salary cap. Also what I am doing is recording the games (cpu vs cpu) and putting them on youtube for my GM's. Connected mode doesn't seem to allow you to boadcast games without controlling a team.

So instead what we are doing is season mode. We're plugging our 10 teams into one NHL conference and basically putting the 20 crappiest teams left in the game (outside the AHL or CHL) in for us to beat up on.

What I am currently doing right now to help the GM's in my league get a grasp but also myself for experimental reasons (mainly figuring out how many minutes to run each period) is run some exhibition series. I did a battle for the cup format best of 7 for 2 teams (one won in 4). Now battle for the cup mode does not allow you to start out not controlling a team so for that I took control of one team at the start, as soon as the first game started, changed the controller to neutral and away I went. Now what I found was no problem for the game play but between games I could only edit lines for the one team (luckily the other team didnt care but because this is exhibition, some teams are setting different lineups for every game to see different players). Every other game in the series the game let me view it without choosing a side other than game 1.
I'm currently in the process of running a best of 5 one for 2 more teams. I'm 2 games into that with each team winning one. Now this time around at the team selection i set a controller to each side at the start and then put both in the neutral position once the puck dropped. So i have the ability to edit the lineups between games. But one thing I noticed is the starting players for each team played the entire game. I checked the settings, injuries are OFF, assistant coach edit lines set to OFF (I will experiment changing it to minimal for the next game). And the fatigue settings for human and CPU have the sliders set mid way. I've already erased my first series so i cant go back and check what the settings were or if the teams changed lines.

if you are curious, here's my youtube channel with some videos.
http://www.youtube.com/user/leeaf83?feature=CA4QwRs=

any help or suggestions appreciated. I just really want to be prepared because this league has been going for 7 years and dont want to come out as the incompetent commissioner if we hit a snag in season or have to re-sim or re start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad