looking for skate suggestions

Grave77digger

Feb 27, 2004
profiles.sports.yahoo.com
I bought a used pair of CCM Custom Lite 1052's a couple years ago and they are starting to feel a little soft and broke down. I have been looking for a new pair skates and love what I have seen of the Khor Shift 1, however I dont think im good enough to justify spending 400+ on skates. Anyone have skate suggestions for $200 (give or take $50).

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
Well assuming you like the fit of CCM skates, I'd go with another pair of CCMs. I defintely like their fit and probably look to find another pair of CCM when I move on. You could prob get Tacks 652 or 892, or even a lower level Vector. But you can get some Bauer Vapor THG for cheap--cept Bauers fit more narrow IMO. RBK 5K might be in your price range. Idk much about Easton Synergy or Mission skates, but I've seen some of those on closeout deals with the 06 equipment being released.

Grave77digger

Feb 27, 2004
Also I do have a abit of a wide foot. I just dont want to buy new skates and up with a cheaper pair that arent as comfy as the ones i already have. Basicly I want new skates that are not a down grade to what I have :dunno:

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
Misison Pureflys are the greatest skate ever made. Light-weight, small, and you just zoom in them. They're like an orgasm on ice. If you can find a used pair, you're set.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Buy the Synergy 1300c skates.They where $500 in Dec, but recently dropped to $300. Worth the $100 extra, trust me.

There is no skate like them. They are truly everything they are hyped to be.

They are so light that it feels like you have nothing on your feet. They have ZERO break in time...unless you count the whole 15 minutes they hurt.

I can't say enough good things about them...I would go on and on if I had time to type it all out.

Grave77digger

Feb 27, 2004
Thanks for all the help, I tried on some vapor XX's and they seemed like a good fit. I heard they have durability issues though. Right now im eyeing Bauer 8090's but wasnt able to find any to try on. Ill keep an eye out for the synergys for sure.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
Eastons are good skates. Extremely stiff though and a little narrow.
I just got Bauer Vapor XXs and I love them.

I know guys who have had their XXs and XVs for 3 seasons and they are starting to wear down.

They are going to be getting cheaper b/c Nike Bauer has eliminated the XX model (the XIX is still available and is basically the same skate.)

The only skate lighter than the Easton Synergy 1100 is the Nike One90 and the difference is only 10 grams.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
Someone mentioned Mission skates...if you buy a pair of Missions, depending on the model you get a free one piece composite stick. I've seen it advertised in the USA Hockey magazine.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
Grave77digger said:
Whats your take on the "coil technology"

I bought the Synergy's when they 1st came out, paid the $500 unfortunately. But, can't say enough about the skates. Went from a Mission flyweight $100 pair of skates and it was like going from a pickup truck to a Ferrari. My skating improved, little bit faster, really believe they give me a little edge over the clunkers I had before. $300 is a bargain and well worth the extra $100 like the other guy said. Try them on before you buy something else in the same price range.

digitalmonkey*

Graf make excellent skates, but you may have to buy used (try ebay) to get them for $200.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad