Looking for my first Predator Jersey

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
Been brewing this over for some time, and I think I'm about to pull the trigger and get one. Cheapest new one I've seen is about $150. Seems expensive since I've bought jerseys in the past, but never a hockey one.

Also thinking of getting a slightly used one off of E-bay, looks to be about a $100 difference which makes sense to me.

Any thoughts?

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Reebok makes two versions of current Predators jerseys. The "Premiere" is their lower end replica jersey. It lacks a fight strap ... the crest and shoulder emblems are screened then glued/heat pressed onto the jersey ... it has a size tag on the front ... and the materials are different than what the players wear on the ice. Retail price around $120 blank, $160-185 customized.

There is also what they call an "authentic" ... a term in much dispute now. The current "authentic" jerseys are Indonesian made ... aka "Indo edge". A green band inside the collar with sizing info is an easy give away on them. These do have a fight strap, double elbows, sewn crests and patches however the materials are not the same airknit worn by players. Retail is around $300 blank ... $360 customized.

Beware on ebay. There are a lot of counterfeit Preds jerseys out there. If the price seems too good to be true, it probably is. If the colors look suspicious, take a close look before spending your money. Below are a few links that highlight how to spot most of the fakes out there.

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=66864
http://prostocknation.wordpress.com/category/counterfeit-jerseys/
http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=2412

If you're looking for the older styles (navy, white, mustard, black and blue), they are available for less. If you hunt around, there are good deals on both the current and past styles. I've bought game worn Preds jerseys for under $200.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Been brewing this over for some time, and I think I'm about to pull the trigger and get one. Cheapest new one I've seen is about $150. Seems expensive since I've bought jerseys in the past, but never a hockey one.

Also thinking of getting a slightly used one off of E-bay, looks to be about a $100 difference which makes sense to me.

Any thoughts?

What style are you looking for (Current home or away / previous home or away / one of the previously used third jerseys)?
Do you want a blank or customized shirt? If customized, which player?
Authentic or premiere (replica)?
What are you willing to spend?

Those questions will guide you to finding a legit jersey.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
So just buy it new. Got it :laugh:

Not necessarily. There are good deals out there (even on ebay) if you know what you want, what to look for, and are patient. Blank team excess jerseys from 2010 and earlier go for under $150 on a regular basis. There is an Indo-edge white, Mike Fisher for sale on a jersey forum for under $150. A 1998 preseason game worn went for $99 last week.

It all comes down to knowing what you want and being able to recognize if it's good or not when you see one.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
What style are you looking for (Current home or away / previous home or away / one of the previously used third jerseys)?
Do you want a blank or customized shirt? If customized, which player?
Authentic or premiere (replica)?
What are you willing to spend?

Those questions will guide you to finding a legit jersey.

nashvillepredators2011-12reebokpremierreplicahomenhlhockeyjersey_big1.jpg

Blank is fine, Premiere is fine, and I would like under $200

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
$170 doesn't seem too bad for this one?

On the custimized jerseys, can you get any player's name and number?

thumb.aspx

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
If there is a big price difference though, I wouldn't mind getting an older addition. Although the thought of having Forsberg on my back sounds delightful.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
nashvillepredators2011-12reebokpremierreplicahomenhlhockeyjersey_big1.jpg

Blank is fine, Premiere is fine, and I would like under $200

If you want the latest style (home/gold version), it's going to be tough to find a worthwhile "deal" without some significant legwork. Short story, I'd grab a premiere off the NHL site or IceJerseys (better customization imo) for the timebeing given your budget and style preference.

I have like 8 jerseys; a couple of old Whalers ones and the rest Preds. A few months back I PMed back and forth with 101st on a lot of different options and using IceJerseys.com forums. I ended up getting the latest style, away (white), true authentic (the same jersey they wear on the ice; made in Canada not Indonesia), blank for $225. It's a high quality sweater, but even a 54 was pretty huge on me (5'8" 180, pretty built).

You can get some good deals on Meigray for game-worn older style Preds jerseys, but unless you are huge, they are going to be like parachutes on you. I don't mind a sweater being big, but you look like your girlfriend wearing one of your old t-shirts when she's sleeping over.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
There is a current style road Fisher listed in the icejersey forums sale section for under $150 ... indo edge size 54 ... nhl.com customized.

For a premiere, shop around. NHL.com is the easiest but check ice jerseys and compare prices.

There is a blank, issued black and blue on ebay right now at a decent price. My guess is that it is one of the many that Meigray sold over the past year. The Meigray clearance section is a good place to watch for blank jerseys. Team overstock sometimes ends up there at good prices.

If you want a game worn or issued, I recommend waiting until around Thanksgiving when Meigray starts their holiday sale. 50% off older game worn jerseys (about 2011 and earlier), 25% off gamers from a couple years ago .... no discount on the last season or two. Discounts on preseason, training camp, and game issued shirts as well. As cashville pointed out ... these are usually large shirts made to fit over the pads of NHL players.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
Cool hockey.com seems to have great prices.

Thanks guys for the help, I'll definitely be looking around more.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
It will be once it gets customized. There is one on ebay right now for more than twice what I paid for mine. My Smithson gamer cost $165 shipped. Patience pays off.

Take your time, search around for the jersey you want, then pull the trigger and get it. There are enough nuggets here for you to get a legit jersey that meets your wants and cost window. For under $200 you can find a customized premiere and maybe an Indo edge in the current gold or white. You could find a gamer from the older styles in that price range.

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=6036

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
101st, do you wear your gamer jerseys? Or are they displayed somehow?

They have their own closet in the basement and get worn from time to time. SOMEBODY won't let put me put mannequins and frames with jerseys in the living room.

About the only ones I haven't even put on are my two Vopat intersquad jerseys. I'm not risking his rash.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
isn't this the companion away jersey to the black/blue jersey? For a while this was going to be our away jersey wasn't it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad