Looking for information on the AJHL (Alberta) and BCHL

Akhockeyguy

May 6, 2013
I have been looking at leagues to play in to try to get to NCAA D1 and I came across the AJHL and the BCHL. I don't really know much about either league and am looking to get some info on them.
The first and most important question for me is: if i play in either of these leagues, will I still be NCAA eligible?
2. Pay to play?
3. Good or bad advancement to NCAA D1, and the NHL?
4. How do they compare to the NAHL? I have been to some of those games and I know the level there.
5. How do you get yourself into the league? I can't seem to find any tryout information.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
I have been looking at leagues to play in to try to get to NCAA D1 and I came across the AJHL and the BCHL. I don't really know much about either league and am looking to get some info on them.
The first and most important question for me is: if i play in either of these leagues, will I still be NCAA eligible?
2. Pay to play?
3. Good or bad advancement to NCAA D1, and the NHL?
4. How do they compare to the NAHL? I have been to some of those games and I know the level there.
5. How do you get yourself into the league? I can't seem to find any tryout information.

If you are on twitter, drop them a line?
https://twitter.com/TheAJHL

I know a few who have played in the AJHL and parlayed that into playing in the WHL and the hopes of getting drafted.

Example: Scottie Upshall, played for the Fort Mcmurray Oil Barons (AJHL), then went on to the Kamloops Blazers - then to the Nashville Predators....

Akhockeyguy

May 6, 2013
No one has any experience/knowledge on either of these leagues? Did i just post this in the wrong section? And I unfortunately do not have a twitter.

StrBender

Mar 7, 2005
North Shore, MA
Those two leagues are part of the Canadian Jr A League. Check here for all the teams and information on college commitments, tryouts etc.http://www.cjhlhockey.com/

Playing in any of those leagues will allow you to play NCAA, and it's FREE to Play. My nephew played the past 2 seasons in Canada and loved it. He was treated very well and had a great billet family. He made friends and had experiences that will last a life time. With some teams, your the only show in town. The down side? It's big business so you need to be mentally prepared for it. Trades are a big part of every teams season. Most trades take place with in the same league, but not always. You could go from one coast to the other! If your struggling you'll be sitting in the stands. Stink for more than a week or two and you may get traded or released! Most games are on the radio and the local papers cover the teams. If your not playing well you will hear it. My nephew was at a Walmart and a customer started talking to him. Started telling him what was wrong with the team etc. My nephew was like, who is this guy, and why is he talking to me? As the customer was leaving he called out to my nephew by his name and said good luck! That made my nephews day :yo:

He went to several open try outs and was invited to a couple of training camps. He then talked with the coaches to try to figure which team he had the best chance to make. He went to a camp and made the team that he really wanted to play for. Three weeks later he was traded to a bottom team, and ended up staying with them for another season too. Now he's back in the states and will be playing next season for a top DIII NCAA Program.

Best of Luck.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4