Looking for info on college FAs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I've noticed that a few college FAs haven't signed with anyone yet. A few that many around here thought would have by now. I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me what type of player they are and what sort of pro future they have:

Tim Pettit
Ryan Vesce
Evan Schwabe
Derek Edwardson
Ryan Shannon
Michel Leveille
Steve Saviano
Frank Doyle
Sean Fields
Mac Faulkner
Jon Smyth
Mike Ouellette
Rich Peverley
TJ Trevelyan
Lukas Dora
Luke Fulghum
Beau Geisler
Chris Harrington
Colby Genoway
Isaac Reichmuth
Adam Coole

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Kritty said:
I've noticed that a few college FAs haven't signed with anyone yet. A few that many around here thought would have by now. I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me what type of player they are and what sort of pro future they have:

Tim Pettit
Ryan Vesce
Evan Schwabe
Derek Edwardson
Ryan Shannon
Michel Leveille
Steve Saviano
Frank Doyle
Sean Fields
Mac Faulkner
Jon Smyth
Mike Ouellette
Rich Peverley
TJ Trevelyan
Lukas Dora
Luke Fulghum
Beau Geisler
Chris Harrington
Colby Genoway
Isaac Reichmuth
Adam Coole

Ryan Vesce- (senior) small but offensively gifted playmaker, will be missed by Cornell

Evan Schwabe- (junior) small but speedy, coming off a great season playing with Lessard. Should be the go to guy next season along with Tim Stapleton (also a FA, going into his senior year)

Michel Leveille- (junior) good vision and playmaking, doesn't play physical from what I've seen but has good hands.

Jon Smyth- (sophomore) never seen him play, but everything I've read about him sounds interesting. I hope the Habs keep an eye on him next season. From what I understand he's a big part of Colgate's success this season.

Lukas Dora- (senior) small but plays an energy game, more of a pest. I think he was at the Kings camp, not sure. W

Luke Fulghum- (junior) looked solid in the frozen four, I don't know too much about him, he'll need a big year if Denver hopes to have any chance to be back at the frozen four.

I'd add Gabe Gauither from Denver, he is solid in his own end, played well in the frozen four.

TMHUNH

Feb 27, 2003
NH
Visit site
Kritty said:

Tim Pettit
Ryan Vesce
Evan Schwabe
Derek Edwardson
Ryan Shannon
Michel Leveille
Steve Saviano
Frank Doyle
Sean Fields
Mac Faulkner
Jon Smyth
Mike Ouellette
Rich Peverley
TJ Trevelyan
Lukas Dora
Luke Fulghum
Beau Geisler
Chris Harrington
Colby Genoway
Isaac Reichmuth
Adam Coole

Frank Doyle has signed with Phoenix...this has apparently been confirmed, though I don't have a link. Anyone who is good enough to split time with Jimmy Howard deserves a contract...enough said.

Sean Fields is probably a better overall goalie. Went from being a flashy, seemingly cocky freshman to earning the praise of many for his hard work and underdog attitude, Will put anything on the line to get a win for the team, and will accept nothing less...even a history making beanpot performance (on more than one occasion) meant nothing to him if they lost.

If Steve Saviano was 6-3, he would have been the free agent prize of the crop, but instead his small frame makes his NHL future a longshot. Granted, if he were 6-3, he probably wouldn't play the same game, but he is the model for the super skilled, yet undersized player. Is one of the most amazing skater/stickhandlers I have ever seen, including pros. Can stop and shift on a dime, and make amazing plays. Forming a much heralded childhood to college 1-2 punch with Colorado prospect Sean Collins. Added goal scoring to his game in a huge senior year to earn him some professional looks. Although it hasn't been in any press yet, Steve has a contract next year with the Lowell Lockmonsters of the AHL.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
What sort of pro futures do you see for Doyle and Fields? I've heard good things about both, but not much outside their college careers.

college hockey

Jun 8, 2004
Maine
montreal said:
Michel Leveille- (junior) good vision and playmaking, doesn't play physical from what I've seen but has good hands.
Leveille is quite physical for his size. He doesn't shy away from it at all he takes it and gives it.

redmen

Jan 13, 2004
What are Doyle's prospects like in the Phoenix organization assuming that he has signed with them?

dafranchz

redmen said:
What are Doyle's prospects like in the Phoenix organization assuming that he has signed with them?

David LeNeveu (Utah-AHL) is at the top of the chart when it comes to goalies. Jeff Pietrasiak was backing up Mike Ayers at the U of New Hampshire for the 2003-04 season. Since Ayers has graduated, it is Jeff's for the taking. As for Jean-Marc Pelletier, the AHL is about as far he is going unless there is an act of god that would require him to be a starter for Phoenix.

As well, the Coyotes haven't drafted any goalies since LeNeveu and Pietrasiak in the 2002 NHL Entry Draft, so they could use some help. It would be a good move to sign him, throw him with LeNeveu in Utah and send Pelletier packing to Idaho.

Last edited:

Blue_and_White

Jul 20, 2004
Then why are people saying that he has signed with Phoenix? What about Zac Birek? Isn't he still with Phoenix?

TheBPA

Jul 1, 2004
Vesce can do it all. Having seen him in 30+ games, the team that signs him will be taking a risk but could be finding a diamond in the rough. He can score and is good defensively. He is also unbelievable at faceoffs. Often, he would come on the ice with a line other than his own when the faceoff was in the defensive zone, win the draw, and then go back to the bench with his regular line. Also, he has great intangibles and is a great leader. After he went down with an injury in the playoffs, Cornell was lost without him and lost 2 straight games to be eliminated. His only problem is his size, and whether his game can transfer to the next level.

dafranchz

Well well...time to eat some crow! Got any ketchup?

The Coyotes also will give Idaho a goalie. They have reached an agreement with Doyle on a two-way contract between Utah and Idaho, Gilman said. Doyle, who had five shutouts last season, likely will start in Idaho because Phoenix has four goalies with NHL or AHL experience and is negotiating with a fifth.

The Statesman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad