Speculation: looking for feed back here

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
How good do you all think this team is? Is anyone thinking we are the best team in hockey and cause of a good start this is a stanley cup year or bust?

Just only been on the one game with ya'll and pretty surprised by what people are saying. I get we started with a great month a lot of scoring and a lot of wins. Yet I am NOT IMPRESSED whatsoever by this team this season so far. Yep we been scoring a ton enough to keep vasy winning but but but but

each game I am totally dissatisfied by our overall defensive play and our overall structure. Yep stamkos vladdy and kucherov great start point line doing ok too but 3rd and 4th lines pretty much nothing and back end is not lights out at all.

So we got this great start but I dont see ANYTHING yet I can say yep we are legit monster and gonna run over this league.

So just wondering true feels what ya'll think right now? How good have we played to get where we are? What is impressing you? Do you really see us running over chicago or pittsburgh in a series?

We got a lot that can be worked on. I see more wrong then right I would say is 3 games that I am very happy with the rest? We are allowing too much wayyyyy too much. Just my two cents

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
I have a feeling that you are going to get very mixed responses here. I think Vasy has been OK; he is getting wins (and of course, the D is leaving him hanging a ton so it [the high scores against] is not all his fault). I think once our offense dries up we are in trouble because our D is not getting their job done. I think as bad as we have played in front of Vasy, we have been worse in front of Budaj. We played well against the Pens, but they had Niemi in net on the second half of B2Bs. We have been getting wins/points despite our sometimes poor effort.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I tend to agree with you. We're very good at finishing our chances so far, but there's room for improvement at controlling the pace of the game. The thing nonetheless, we've got a pretty nice record for a team that hasn't shown its best yet. I'm quietly optimistic this might be a good year.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I think it takes a while for all team's defenses to really get going and shut other teams down, so I wouldn't panic about that part of our game too much yet. The important thing is to avoid total crapfests like game #2.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
I think a lot of the enthusiasm stems from two things: The eye-test, as we've been playing a lot faster, and have resembled the Cup run team more than the progressively-boring teams in the two years that followed; Big wins early, as we beat the Caps and beat the pants off of the Pens.

Stammer and Kuch's production paired with Vasy's strong play in net has disguised a lot of poor play defensively. Our two recent losses have shown us to be a step behind on defense, and our guys are always trying to play catch up in the defensive zone, to the point that at times they're struggling to even get to the puck, let alone clear it out. That being said, I'd rather watch us lose 5-4 than ever watch the awful garbage we were trying the last two years. This team is built to play fast, and I'd be against any tweaks to the system that dial things back in that department, as I think it'd compound our problems.

We look better than we have in a while, but we're seeing some familiar issues creep into the frame. I'm way more hopeful about our chances for the season than I was last year, and it's not just about our record.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Agreed Rob. A lot of warts are getting masked by two insane scoring streaks and Vasi playing really, really well so far. He's going to have his clunkers, especially if we keep riding him so hard. We have a lot to improve on before I'm convinced this is for real.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
that's with a normal team, not a team with 2 top-5 centers and 4 top pairing dmen. not to mention a winger who would be the best player on a lot of teams.
In hockey you have to be way better to guarantee a victory. During these two playoffs the Pens have had 3 game 7's. They easily could've lost one of those. Not to mention they beat the Sens in the 2nd OT, they were literally one shot away from losing the series.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
The team is really good just has to stay healthy. Would like to see some more depth scoring arise because we can’t depend on Stamkos and Kuch every game but right now we have guys like Point, Johnson, Palat, and even Namestnikov chipping in once in a while. If guys like Killorn, Gourde, Callahan and Kunitz could get on the score sheet every other game we would be set.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
The team is really good just has to stay healthy. Would like to see some more depth scoring arise because we can’t depend on Stamkos and Kuch every game but right now we have guys like Point, Johnson, Palat, and even Namestnikov chipping in once in a while. If guys like Killorn, Gourde, Callahan and Kunitz could get on the score sheet every other game we would be set.

see this is what i disagree with the 4 goals points per game is awesome !! I am not happy with what we are giving up and lack of discipline and structure at all. If we get close to allowing 2 per game over 3 per game I will think we are legit right now I do not see that though and is what im worried about. As you all have seen in past im like the guy who over hypes etc.. the guy who is all is well etc.. right now im scared we make a ton of mistakes so far every game and give up wayyyy too much think we have had like said 3-4 good games panthers was good actually even though barkov line owned up st louis was good honestly those two I can point out and that is what I want to see from us.

Is great we can just bear down and outscore people ala the astros lol but to me in regards to plus minus I always want the minus as low as possible kinda like LA in their runs. I think if we can be more disciplined and smarter we will win the cup this year honestly and maybe have a dynasty for a bit. If we cannot real in bad lazy play and passes and end to end rushes? We will be lottery playing when we could instead just be more dominate playing so to speak. And lotto is nothing to do with where we will pick lol I see us as a top team. Certain teams get it in playoffs though mentioned the 3 that generally are going to worry me chicago pitt and la all good teams solid superstars and structure defense and goalies so we got to out play them out work them and wear them down over a series right now what I am seeing is sure we can score with them and beat them that way but want to see more of the smart quick short passes puck handling getting deep being set at halfway mark to cause issues of other team coming in etc... we did that in those two games and one pitt game. This is the team I want to see. Then I can believe and hope :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad