OT: Looking for Ball Hockey Players/Teams in SE Michigan

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Hi guys,
Hope this thread is OK
I run a small ball hockey league operating out of Livonia Rec Center on Sundays and Thursdays.
We have 6 teams this year and have room to grow to 8 in the upcoming season which starts April 5 or April 8.
To join, look up Michigan Ball Hockey and Floor Hockey on Facebook and request to join, or send me a PM.

Here are the particulars.
We play 4 on 4 with a goalie (rink isn't standard length).
9 game season. Top 4 teams make the playoffs. (or maybe all teams if we go to 8 teams).
Games are 3 16-minute periods.
Teams are generally 9 to 13 guys.
Equipment: Runners often use shinpads and gloves. Some where a helmet or facial protection.
Regular hockey sticks. Orange mylec hockey ball.
Goalies use regular gear. We play on the indoor, plastic floor, so gear doesn't get ruined.
No hitting, but it does get a little competitive.
Cost for a team is about $720/season plus $20/game ref fee.

Generally, it costs most guys about $70 ti $90/season for 9 to 13 games -- which is pretty good recreational value.
No profits taken. All money pays rink and ref fees.

Talent wise, we have a mixture of guys. Some very good, some not very good at all, lots in between.
But nobody was undefeated this season and nobody went the entire season without a win.

It's a good group with some new rivalries and some old rivalries that go back almost 20 years.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Sunday games are at 10 and 11 a.m.
Thursdays at 9 p.m. and maybe 10 p.m. (if we move to 8 teams)

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
There was another guy who used to talk about ball hockey around here. Captain Bob, was it? Then again, he had so many names over the years. He'd come and go. You should look him up if you don't mind someone abrasive and antisocial in your group. But I have a hunch you'll get along, as you seem to have so much in common.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
There was another guy who used to talk about ball hockey around here. Captain Bob, was it? Then again, he had so many names over the years. He'd come and go. You should look him up if you don't mind someone abrasive and antisocial in your group. But I have a hunch you'll get along, as you seem to have so much in common.

If he likes ball hockey, is abrasive and antisocial, he's OK in my book Benchie :)

Honestly, I build communities. So not in to anti-social types.

Shawn bromley

Apr 28, 2018
Did you get the league up again for this season? My brothers and I are looking for a place to play, are any teams looking for a few players? My email is [email protected]

Please let me know. Thanks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad