Looking for a cheap composite

budscweizer16

Jun 14, 2004
Prospect Park(outsid
Bought a Bauer V last night for $73 total. Does anyone know how this will hold up??
Also bought a Sherwood Coffey Blade for my piece of trash Easton Octane shaft, but it'll work. The guy said the Coffey is the most popular blade pattern.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
$73 with shipping I'm guessing? Cause if not, I've seen it cheaper online. But supposedly the Bauer V are built like tanks.

Coffey blade= banana is what someone said...and I must agree. Looks like something I might wanna try if the Lidstrom I got isn't gonna work. And I got an Octane shaft too...hasn't been that horrid I must say. It's held up and given decent performance with my shots.

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
budscweizer16 said:
Bought a Bauer V last night for $73 total. Does anyone know how this will hold up??
Also bought a Sherwood Coffey Blade for my piece of trash Easton Octane shaft, but it'll work. The guy said the Coffey is the most popular blade pattern.

The one I bought is a 85 flex and I'm not a small guy(6'1 and 240) and I really get some serious flex with the thing. I'm surprised it hasn't broke yet, it's really durable.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
I just received my Montreal Nitro cosmetic blem for $40. Haven't used it, but feels nice.

Just noticed, CCM v80 are only $50 now, I believe at HockeyMonkey or HockeyGiant. Good deal

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
Well I'm stocking up on these Nitros now :D I'm def a fan. But it could be because it's my first OPS. SOme people say the composite blades don't give good feel, etc, etc...but I did so much better using my OPS than with my wood blade and shaft. And man, I wasn't even trying but the stick added a bit to my shot...just wait till I really lean into one. And the Lidstrom curve on it-- wow.

Headcoach

Mar 29, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
www.passthepuck.net
budscweizer16 said:
I have used wooden stickes all my life, Im a fairly good player who possesses a pretty good slapshot, but after a while My amrs will start to hurt, All my friends have composites and i've tryed them and liked them. Anyway I was wondering if anyone is selling any composites? or if they have any advice on cheap composites and where to get them? or maybe even a lightweight wooden stick. Any help would be appreciated.

Check out this site:http://www.passthepuck.net/id835.htm

They promote a product from an OEM (Origianl Equipment Manufacture) This OEM makes stick for the following companies:

Bauer
Hespeler
Louisville
Mission
Nike
Sherwood
Victoriaville

Now they have manufactured a stick under there own label. If you go to the bottom of the Pass the Puck site, you will see a discount code to give to the company when you place an order for a better price on the OEM sticks.

Hope this helps.
Head coach

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
my store carried Ballistik's and they were horrible, durable, but no performance. Go for a close-out OPS. M-1's, Apollo's or my personal favourite Xn10 if u want to keep costs down and get a good stick.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
How's that coupon work...works for Ballistik sticks only? But brand-new, Ballistiks arn't worth it-- they are kinda crappy. But if you see them on eBay for like $35, then that might be ok. They had closeouts on eBay a few months ago...dunno if it's still true.

Headcoach

Mar 29, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
www.passthepuck.net
sc37 said:
How's that coupon work...works for Ballistik sticks only? But brand-new, Ballistiks arn't worth it-- they are kinda crappy. But if you see them on eBay for like $35, then that might be ok. They had closeouts on eBay a few months ago...dunno if it's still true.

Ya, just works with Ballistiks only. So you say they are crappy? In which way? They break all the time? They are not flexable enough? Are you talking about the wooden ones or the composite ones?

I just don't understand, If they make stick for everyone else (Bauer, Hespeler,Louisville, Mission, Nike, Sherwood and Victoriaville) does that mean that these manufactured sticks are crappy as well?

The reason why I ask and not to be a smart ***, but I see a lot of players with all of these manufacture's sticks. And if Ballistik make these stick for all of these other manufacture, and everyone else loves them, them why are their stick any different that the Sherwoods or the Hespeler's of the world?

They are the same stick are they not? But without you having to pay for the Nike or Sherwood name...right?

Head coach
www.passthepuck.net

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
Well I most defintely poor performance...and also have heard bad durability.

And I don't think they make sticks for everyone else...maybe for the other "off" brands like Hespeler or WinWell-- but those even are usually factory overruns of Bauer or Innos, at least the latest batch online. Use them, and compare, you'll notice the difference. If they were the same, people wouldn't be dropping hundreds of dollars on Bauer XXX or TPS Andrenalines.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
Headcoach said:
Ya, just works with Ballistiks only. So you say they are crappy? In which way? They break all the time? They are not flexable enough? Are you talking about the wooden ones or the composite ones?

I just don't understand, If they make stick for everyone else (Bauer, Hespeler,Louisville, Mission, Nike, Sherwood and Victoriaville) does that mean that these manufactured sticks are crappy as well?

The reason why I ask and not to be a smart ***, but I see a lot of players with all of these manufacture's sticks. And if Ballistik make these stick for all of these other manufacture, and everyone else loves them, them why are their stick any different that the Sherwoods or the Hespeler's of the world?

They are the same stick are they not? But without you having to pay for the Nike or Sherwood name...right?

Head coach
www.passthepuck.net
I've known several people over the years that got Ballistik one-piece sticks and even shafts and only one player I met was happy with his stick, although he didn't like the weight of the stick...so not even he was fully satisfied.

Ballistik sticks are heavy compared to the brand name sticks and the performance of the stick is simply not noticable. As a matter of fact, most of the players I've encountered with the Ballistik sticks felt that the performance of the stick (jump off the blade, feel, sweet spot, etc) was considerably worse with the Ballistik sticks than with other sticks they have tried.

I would strongly recommend staying away from Ballistik sticks, but if you have had a positive experience with their product(s)...please feel free to post, I am but one voice.

Petey21

Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
www.geocities.com
I've got a Bauer Vapor VI (with grip coating) and I like this stick although it's not a high-end model. And isn't there some kind of "famous maker stick" at some webstore, with no name or letters on it at all? I'm not sure where it was being sold (think it was Hockey Monkey but not sure) and how much it costs though, but should be cheaper than a high-end stick.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
Yes Petey...the famous maker is being sold as WinWell and another brand too I think. Also are blank, no graphics. But yeah, they are higher end sticks...people on ModSquad had a list going, I'd look that up if anyone was interested. I know one person mentioned that they got a Inno 1100 as a WinWell I think. Ain't bad...since the Inno is actually a Warrior.

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
sc37 said:
Yes Petey...the famous maker is being sold as WinWell and another brand too I think. Also are blank, no graphics. But yeah, they are higher end sticks...people on ModSquad had a list going, I'd look that up if anyone was interested. I know one person mentioned that they got a Inno 1100 as a WinWell I think. Ain't bad...since the Inno is actually a Warrior.

So you never really know what you are going to get, right?

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Headcoach said:

Head coach
www.passthepuck.net
Inno was making Nike/Bauer, Winwell and I believe Hespeler sticks at one point in time too. Up until Warrior bought them out. Chances are the Ballistik sticks are either made in the same factory using much cheaper materials and a different blueprint, or they just have a few people working for them that quit the above listed brands. It looks like they owned the factory for some of the first run OPS, before those companies may have jumped ship to make their own sticks. Alot of sticks are made at the same factory, but come out much different than the others within it because of the specs they are made to.

The Ballistik's I've felt were boxy, poorly balanced, lagged off the blade, came with cosmetic defects from the factory, blade had an awful "feel" to it, and the flexes were off on the ones I tried.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
stick9 said:
So you never really know what you are going to get, right?

Yeah essentially. But usually they all the same in each batch, so if you can find someone who bought one before they could tell you from the sticker inside the shaft. But they usually high-end stuff..ain't bad for $60

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad