WWE: Looking back should Owe. Had done the affair angle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Long time fans will remember that their was an angle proposed to Owen Hart that would have portrayed him as having an affair with Debra. Owen turned down the angle and as punishment was given the blue blazer gimmick and booked as a comedy character.

This of course lead to his fall and unfortunate death.

Looking back I have to wonder if he should have put his morals aside and done the angle?

Had he done the angle he likely never becomes the blue blazer and as such likely never falls.

Looking back I can't help but wonder if doing the affair angle would have saved his life and if he would still be here today?

Last edited:

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Well I am sure somewhere in the multi-verse there is a timeline where Owen Hart did do the affair angle and is possibly still alive so you can take solace in that.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
or the affair angle leads to family in fighting and he ends up doing something to himself or someone else that still ends up with him dying way before he should...not really a road tha'ts easy to go down

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
I'd rather those events not be spun into What could Owen Hart do differently? like there's some kind of binary choice between compromising morality OR death. Because absolutely nothing about that is on him. If it was a punishment, the WWF should have been less petty. If it wasn't a punishment, the WWF should have written better material. But no one should be forced to engage in pretend adultery while using their own name - especially when they have young children. That's uncool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad