Looking back at 2001's first rounders.

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
cyclops said:
The next four sure,but what about guys in the other slots like hamhuis and Hemsky for example?

I'd take those guys over him myself also, i just though looking at the closest picks after Komi could give some pain relief in your eyes ;)

Komisarek isnt bad at all at this point and his learning curve is still in full action. He has hit his celling at all imo.

Winston Wolf said:
You'd be nuts not to take Ruutu over Komisarek. Nuts. And yes, that is taking Ruutu's injury situation into consideration. The potential reward far outweighs the risk of losing a player the caliber of Mike Komisarek.

Let's just say i disagree. I'd still take Ruutu on my team mind you, but not at the expense of Komisarek at this point. People will be surprise by how much he will improve again next year imo. Last year was very hard on him with all the travelling he had to do, yet he turns it on in the 2nd part. He wont be a star, but he will be a very big reliable defenseman.

If you already had Leclaire in your system, the Habs could’ve picked Gilbert Brule last year.

NOT funny ;)
I wouldnt mind Leclaire either, but not over Komi.

espo*

Anksun said:
I'd take those guys over him myself also, i just though looking at the closest picks after Komi could give some pain relief in your eyes ;)

Komisarek isnt bad at all at this point and his learning curve is still in full action. He has hit his celling at all imo.

Biscuit Bullet

Feb 28, 2002
Washington DC
Visit site
Levitate said:
being the caps best D-man isn't saying much ;)

I'd say Morrison can be a good 2nd pairing guy. a #3 type defensman, but not a true 1st pairing guy unless paired with someone really good

not saying the guy isn't good...but he doesn't scream "top pairing defenseman!" to me exactly.

I really, very much strongly disagree.

+7 on the Caps playing 23-26 minutes a night. Plus/minus may not be the most indicative stat, but in this case you cannot ignore it.

I feel like I'm going to continually have to defend Shaone throughout his career, but he already is a first pairing defensemen. He plays without flash, but makes hardly any mistakes, is a fantastic skater, makes good if not Pronger like passes and is always in the right place at the right time.

Can I get a wiiiiitness?

Rand

Oct 17, 2002
AskMe
digitalmonkey said:
Really? Then a friend of mine who writes for the Hockey News and knows Colaiacovo personally must be delusional. He attended a Leafs game late in the season and Colaiacovo shared a box with him. He was far from healthy.

He started practicing with the Marlies a little more then a week after the Leafs season ended, from all reports including his own comments he would have been playing had he been eligible.
He wasn't of course as the Marlies playoff eligibility roster was submitted at a time when rumours were still swirling regarding whether Cola would even be ready for next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->